Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lukewarm and Reidy Broke Training Camp curfew

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
According to reports, they broke the curfew when on the training camp. Reid was caught sneaking back into his room by Pards, and Lukewarm owned up to going out with him on the razzle. No surprises that Reid wanted to eat a few more pies and throw a load of St Miguels down his neck, but Lukewarm? Perhaps it was a no smoking hotel and he slipped out for a fag? Both have been fined £15,000 apparantly.

Comments

• Where did you get that from?
  • edited February 2007
    Try this. It seems too detailed to be made up. It comes from the People apparently.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/190249516?-11197
  • Yeah, that could have some substance, the club would surely not let that sort of story run unchallenged if it was false because it basically saying that two senior pros acted in a very unprofessional manner whilst on duty.
    What is it with footballers and hitting the piss? Why can't these blokes just hang on till the end of the season to write themselves off?
    Especially Reid, for a bloke who is supposedly injured and clearly has weight and fitness issues to be out till 5am and filling himself full of piss is an absolute disgrace.
    If you ask me, that could be curtains for Young's career at Charlton at the end of the season and Reid might have booked himself a trip someplace else too, I just cannot see Pards putting up with that whilst the rest of them are sweating their nuts off trying to save the club's Premiership status.
  • sack both of them and make sure they regularly attend the AA meetings - absolute disgrace. What has this club turned into over the last 2 seasons - A complete laughing stock of the prem in my opinion. Throw them in a cold shower - that'll teach em..!

This is unless they save us from relegation and if they do, they can stay out and get totally arseoled everynight ;o)
  • Whilst I agree that in our current predicament that it doesn't look good to be out of the hit n miss lets be sensible!

These are blokes away together and have gone for a few beers. Not right I know but its hardly like "the Nutter with the Putter" is it?

£15k fines. Job done. Don't do it again. Sacking and getting rid ISNT and SHOULDNT going to happen for an issue like this FFS!!
  • But it was WELL out of order - the Club did very well to keep the news quiet till after the weekend, or it could have caused a bit of a stink in the prep for our biggest game for a long time - and who knows what effect that might have had?

It shows massive disrespect for Pardew - he'd arranged a night out for all of them later in the week, apparently.
  • The fact that he played Young on saturday suggests it's all forgotten about.
  • I know its is Weggie but to talk about sacking etc is a massive over reaction
  • Agreed, Dan - I wasn't the one talking about sacking.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The fact that he played Young on saturday suggests it's all forgotten about.

I think it's done and dusted. It's all rather schoolboyish though. "Lets sneak out when the Teacher not looking and go on the lash". If it is true it suggests that Lukewarm's tenure as Captain is well and truely over.

As regards Reidy, well he must be frustrated at turning into "Sicknote". It is not easy for him to get back into the team now and he's pretty foolish to piss off the manager like that and particularly when he presumably his ability to regain fitness is seriously in doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• An expensive piss up.

Perhaps this is why the captaincy was given to Darren Bent.

[quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The fact that he played Young on saturday suggests it's all forgotten about.[/quote]

I think it's done and dusted. It's all rather schoolboyish though. "Lets sneak out when the Teacher not looking and go on the lash". If it is true it suggests that Lukewarm's tenure as Captain is well and truely over.

As regards Reidy, well he must be frustrated at turning into "Sicknote". It is not easy for him to get back into the team now and he's pretty foolish to piss off the manager like that and particularly when he presumably his ability to regain fitness is seriously in doubt.[/quote]

This might highlight something in Reid, he has the talent but needs to look after himself a little better, he has that kind of physique that looks as though it's difficult for him to get 100% fit, and he won't achieve that if he drinks beer and eats the wrong food.
  • Can someone copy and paste as i can't read the article.

As an aside, you will never get a single football trip abroad without a few players breaking a curfew and sneaking out. It happens at every club.

The worst from books i have read were players like Terry Butcher, McCoist, Bryan Robson, Peter Reid, Ray Wilkins etc, yet you could never ever question their commitment.

It happens, the manager has a pop, the players get punished, and its forgotten.
  • Charlton hit Young, Reid with fines
    tribalfooball.com - February 25, 2007

Charlton Athletic boss Alan Pardew has hit Luke Young and Andy Reid with fines for breaking curfew last week.
    The People says the pair infuriated Pardew by having a night out in Marbella when they should have been tucked up in bed at their hotel instead.

Pardew caught Reid as he tried to sneak back to his room, while Young later owned up to his part in the night out.

A Charlton insider said: "We heard that the boys were out until 5am and they certainly looked worse for wear at breakfast the next morning.

"The manager was furious and rightly so because he promised everyone a night out later in the week but Luke and Andy decided they couldn't wait."

Each player was fined £15,000.
  • If only Fortune wasn't out on loan (at the time) they could've had a TGI reunion!