Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AV/DVD related question

Anyone know of a standard definition DVD recorder that has HDMI in? I have one with HDMI out however that's pretty pointless for use with a Sky HD box as it downgrades it to standard def, in fact it downgrades standard def too despite being at XP definition..

:)

Comments

• Why do you need a HDMI in on a DVD recorder? What's wrong with the Sky+ built into the Sky HD box?

Perhaps you should stick to fencing?
  • edited February 2007
    Actually I'm more of an AV'r than a fencer/tiler...

Do you really want to know?

Well because my HD TV only has two HDMI inputs, and I have at least 3 HDMI devices - Sky HD box, PC media centre, MAC, current DVD recorder which upscales to 1080i, Xbox 360 - although I connect that to the Component input on the TV which is analogue HD..

Therefore if I could connect my Sky HD box to my DVD recorder via HDMI in, and then out again to the TV that would save me one HDMI connection on the TV thus freeing up two connections, it would also allow me to record in HD onto DVD..

Also SKy+ hard disks fill up pretty quick!

• [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Also SKy+ hard disks fill up pretty quick!

Babecast again, Raz?
  • ermm... no, Charlton from football first, honest guv... shame its not HD though.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Actually I'm more of an AV'r than a fencer/tiler...

Do you really want to know?

Well because my HD TV only has two HDMI inputs, and I have at least 3 HDMI devices - Sky HD box, PC media centre, MAC, current DVD recorder which upscales to 1080i, Xbox 360 - although I connect that to the Component input on the TV which is analogue HD..

Therefore if I could connect my Sky HD box to my DVD recorder via HDMI in, and then out again to the TV that would save me one HDMI connection on the TV thus freeing up two connections, it would also allow me to record in HD onto DVD..

Also SKy+ hard disks fill up pretty quick!

Does your TV not have a specific PC input? Mine has one on the side, allowing the PC to go straight in and run at some stupid res (1920x1080 I think it is)

How can you fill Sky+ up so quickly? Fencing Weekly? How not to Tile? Get a bigger hard drive to slap in it....
  • na it doesn't have a PC (RGB?) and anyway that wouldn't be digital ( I think)

I tried that hard drive upgrade on my old Sky+ box, but haven't so far on the new one, it did make a constant wirring noise though afterwards.
  • Can we start this thread again in something approaching a language that I can understand? :)
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Niet!

That I can go with (unless it's some other high tech acronym)
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]na it doesn't have a PC (RGB?) and anyway that wouldn't be digital ( I think)

I tried that hard drive upgrade on my old Sky+ box, but haven't so far on the new one, it did make a constant wirring noise though afterwards.

Nah, not RBB - the blue VGA connector.... same as what's on the back of a PC monitor. My TV has this on, and runs the PC at full HD...

Did you fit the hard drive, or did your 'plumber' mate do it? Am I the only one here having suspicions about this 'plumber mate of a mate' ?????
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2007
    its still analogue though (VGA), newer pcs/monitors have DVI or HDMI as well now..

I fitted hard drive matey... not much you can do wrong if you know what you're doing, followed the specs provided. I think its just that the 250gb drive is so big that its always maintaining.
  • There's an app you can get, Powerstrip I think it's called, where you can tweak your PC settings.... there you get the full 1920 quality image on the LCD.... but if you haven't got a PC connection on your TV then it's a bit of a pointless conversation...

Get yourself a proper TV ;-)
  • edited February 2007
    he he, well it was a great deal and its hdmi as is my pc, what I have is a three way hdmi switch, the dvd with hdmi in would be the icing on the cake though...

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1208273740.1172588855@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgaddkfihifdjcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&sku=439553&fm=11&sm=undefined&tm=undefined&tabIndex=1
  • Wot a bunch of Geeks!
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]he he, well it was a great deal and its hdmi as is my pc, what I have is a three way hdmi switch, the dvd with hdmi in would be the icing on the cake though...

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@&BV_EngineID=cccgaddkfihifdjcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&sku=439553&fm=11&sm=undefined&tm=undefined&tabIndex=1

Ah I see. Looked at that TV but ended up with a Sony 40W2000.... 2 HDMI's baby.... ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Wot a bunch of Geeks!

You simpletons are just jealous that you haven't got a clue what we're on about....!;-)
  • Correct. Too old.
  • edited February 2007
    Iv'e got two HDMI's might have posted wrong link..