Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last Three Tracks you Bought/Downloaded ?

1) Dennis Ferrer - Church Lady
2) Atrium - I'm in Love with you
3) Another Chance - The Sound of Eden

Comments

• 1) lucky soul - i aint never been cool ep (first thing i've ever downloaded)
    2) the shins - chutes too narrow
    3) tamla motown gold - 3 disc compilation

don't buy singles, although, the last single i bought was the view - wasted little dj's
  • I do of course realise I'm the (very large) minority here but this is another thread that may as well be written in Greek as far as I am concerned.

I have never bought or downloaded a "track" never purchased a CD or record for that matter and don't actually possess the means to play them if I did. Also I have never been to a concert or festival. Basically, I have no interest in music of whatever genre and never have had.

Am I alone,(he asks already knowing the answer).
  • Only ever buy albums really:

1) Smiths - Queen is Dead (replacement)
    2) The Bug - can't remember the title but it is hard (techno/ragga crossover - better than it sounds!)
    3) Probably Yeah Yeah Yeahs first album, could be a rubbish Cocteau Twins number.
  • edited February 2007
    to JW> (not sco) not being critical, I find that fascinating. but you don't listen to anything? when you drive, what do you put on? discussion shows? you never bought music when you were young?

i couldn't live without music, its very important to me. plays a big part of my life.
  • ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    My choices were that bad in your opinion, sooz?!! (i know!)
  • [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]I do of course realise I'm the (very large) minority here but this is another thread that may as well be written in Greek as far as I am concerned.

I have never bought or downloaded a "track" never purchased a CD or record for that matter and don't actually possess the means to play them if I did. Also I have never been to a concert or festival. Basically, I have no interest in music of whatever genre and never have had.

Am I alone,(he asks already knowing the answer).

You are probably not alone but in a vast minority I'd guess. So you do not go to nightclubs & dance around like a complete loon or Tap your feet for no apparent reason when Take That come on the radio ?
  • Love music I do, dj'ing is so much more enjoyable to do when music is involved.

I think that's crazy same as Suz what do you listen to when you're driving??
  • Lucky Soul - Ain't Never been Cool
    Lucky Soul - The Great Unwanted
    Klaxons - Golden Skans remix
  • JW I find that strange but I guess some people don't like football or books or booze or sex or whatever.

Begin to hope album by Regina Spekter
    Free Money by Penetration
    American Girl by Tom Petty
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    Lucky Soul - The Great Unwanted

downloaded from where?
  • Sponsored links:

• The same - albums only:
    1. Arc of a Diver (Steve Winwood) - replacement
    2. Rythms del Mundo - Buena Vista Social Club and others
    3. Thom Yorke - Eraser
  • [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]3. Thom Yorke - Eraser

Any good?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

aka vagina sphincter. hehe.
  • Mmmm sort of. I'm a big Radiohead fan, so I knew what to expect. It is a little weird, but very much in the Radiohead vein. Takes a lot of listening to...

So, sort of OK'ish if that helps!!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not being critical, I find that fascinating. but you don't listen to anything? when you drive, what do you put on? discussion shows? you never bought music when you were young?

i couldn't live without music, its very important to me. plays a big part of my life.

Sorry suze but no I don't listen to anything. When driving I will sometimes listen to a news station but generally nothing. In fact I actively turn the radio off if there's nothing interesting to listen to.

Frankly I have never had any interest in music even as a kid. I think someone, possibly a cousin, once bought me a record for my birthday when a teenager, can't remember which and I made my Mum get the reciept and a refund so I could buy a book.

As prezzies go it was a complete waste of time as we didn't have a record player and as I say I don't even now.

I also find it fascinating that so many people spend so much time and money on music and related areas, including my wife and kids, when actually it has no intrinsic value whatsoever. However I will defend to the last barricade anyone's right to enjoy whatever they wish, within reason.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I did think she must have got stick at school with a name like that.

Had only heard Fidelity but quite like it. lots of swearing and drugs references.(had to keep jumping on her and Jamie T's album cos my son was in the room) Quite depressing stuff. Anyone know if her other "LPs" are better/worse/the same/different.
  • Anyone else read those reviews in the guide (Sat Grauniad)? Think our mate who likes Simon Jordon so much writes some of them.

I remember one comparing listening to a Chumbawumba album to chewing on gravel, ouch! (And justified IMO!)
  • You are probably not alone but in a vast minority I'd guess. So you do not go to nightclubs & dance around like a complete loon or Tap your feet for no apparent reason when Take That come on the radio ?

Sorry Ketters but no and no. Anyway when I was young enough to go to such places there were no such places, I think they were called Disco's then but Inever went to them either.
  • [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not being critical, I find that fascinating. but you don't listen to anything? when you drive, what do you put on? discussion shows? you never bought music when you were young?

Sorry suze but no I don't listen to anything. When driving I will sometimes listen to a news station but generally nothing. In fact I actively turn the radio off if there's nothing interesting to listen to.

Frankly I have never had any interest in music even as a kid. I think someone, possibly a cousin, once bought me a record for my birthday when a teenager, can't remember which and I made my Mum get the reciept and a refund so I could buy a book.

As prezzies go it was a complete waste of time as we didn't have a record player and as I say I don't even now.

I also find it fascinating that so many people spend so much time and money on music and related areas, including my wife and kids, when actually it has no intrinsic value whatsoever. However I will defend to the last barricade anyone's right to enjoy whatever they wish, within reason.

of course, wasn't criticising the way you feel about music. i just find it as hard to undertand you not liking any music as much as you not understanding me liking it.

to be fair, you don't have to spend a lot of money to listen to anything, the radio, free cd's etc. agree some people spend way too much but its a passion that some people have and some people don't.

i guess its the same when i speak to people that don't like football. no amount of me talking about it will make them 'get it'
    i have met people who aren't that fussed either way, don't buy music but will sing along and dance in clubs to anything and everything, but never come across someone who doesn't have the means to play anything.

you're quite a phenomenon!!!
    You are probably not alone but in a vast minority I'd guess. So you do not go to nightclubs & dance around like a complete loon or Tap your feet for no apparent reason when Take That come on the radio ?

Sorry Ketters but no and no. Anyway when I was young enough to go to such places there were no such places, I think they were called Disco's then but Inever went to them either.

You must LOVE pubs like Wetherspoons then where they ban all music..!
  • Sponsored links:

• JW, doesn't any music affect you? Film soundtracks, Red Red Robin, lift musack, mobile phone ringtones - positive or negative they must sometimes affect your mood?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I did think she must have got stick at school with a name like that.

Had only heard Fidelity but quite like it. lots of swearing and drugs references.(had to keep jumping on her and Jamie T's album cos my son was in the room) Quite depressing stuff. Anyone know if her other "LPs" are better/worse/the same/different.

no idea, never heard any of her stuff. caught the end of her singing on some live tv show, but not enough to have an opinion. just my brother calls her that.

oh and i got woken up this morning by my brothers advert on the telly this morning. the mika album....its him doing the voiceover, and he sounds very very camp. he spent 20 mins slagging off mika before they asked him to do it when he agreed straight away. selling out or what!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I remember one comparing listening to a Chumbawumba album to chewing on gravel, ouch! (And justified IMO!)

apparently playing glastonbury. one to avoid!!!
  • Spektor has a decent voice, she's bought out a few albums, i guess her most recent album with 'carbon monoxide' in is the best so far.

Was going to get one of her albums, but then she had a few to choose from , so i couldn't be bothered to decide so i moved on to a much easier choice which is Bloc Party's new album.
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not being critical, I find that fascinating. but you don't listen to anything? when you drive, what do you put on? discussion shows? you never bought music when you were young?

I know that music (and books as well sometimes) take me somewhere else. The connection is often on an emotional level be it a trigger for a remembrance of time's past or the poetry of the lyrics (I'm forever quoting song lyrics at people as it's the only poetry I know) or as with reggae and soul they sound itself.

Even though I don't see bands live anymore ("10,000 people standing in a muddy field") or think that punk will change the world it is still important to me.

I know it's only rock n roll but I like it, like it yes I do.
  • All albums for me recently:

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
    Killers - Sam's Town
    Morrisey - You are the Quarry
  • Who is your brother Suz?? Or am I missing a trick???!!!
  • You must LOVE pubs like Wetherspoons then where they ban all music..!

I do love a pub it's true, but please don't get me wrong I don't want it banned and I'm not sad enough to be the sort that refuses to go into anywhere that has music playing. I know most people love it and fair play to them, it's more that even when it's on I don't know or care what it is and generally don't listen to it anyway. Admittedly when it's so loud that you can't hear the people you are talking to because of it, it does hack me off but I think that's pretty general and has very little to do with whether it's music or some other very loud distraction.
  • DevilDriver - Guilty As Sin
    Alensa - Congratulations, I hate you
    Killswitch Engage - Reject Yourself
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]DevilDriver - Guilty As Sin

Getting married? Take it this is for your first dance you old softy you.