Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds fans comments

"I have seen every game that Leeds have played this season and Norwich were head and shoulders above any other team. I have no doubt they will be challenging for automatic promotion at the end of the season. Charlton are not is the same ball park as them, Mk Dons will also be in at the death."

Funny that, we drew to both of them away... I think we are in the same ball park, if not got the quality to be a step above once we're in full gear, it's amazing how blind sighted some fans are, Norwich are on a very similar level to us technically.

They can reserve their comments till we play them both at our turf and see the table then.

Comments

• Leeds fans views in general make pretty hard viewing
  • If we were to use the same line of thinking as that gobshite, then nobody is getting near Colchester this season.

They are a class above!
  • yep can't believe they didn't say we'd walk the league
  • oohaah, are Norwich a league above us in terms of quality?
  • [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]oohaah, are Norwich a league above us in terms of quality?

no clearly they are not but you can't expect a leeds fan who has seen us once and norwich once to be bang on in their judgement, they're expressing their opinion based on what they saw of those two games
    and even tho we drew at norwich ,with a dodgey equaliser by them, i thought norwich were worth at least a draw on the day and i for one will be happy if we finish above norwich at the end of the season cos that will mean we are right up there imo
  • if you've only watched one team once each, you don't make bold statements such as they are a class above, especially when they lost and we fought out for a draw in the same tie.
    it's a ridiculous statement, chelsea were a league above atletico today in terms of quality, neither norwich or leeds were a league above us when we played away to them both.
  • who made the statement , a leeds fan or someone who matters....why do you care what a leeds fan thinks ....
    everyone's entitled to their opinions and we may disagree with them but your best of laughing at them rather than being too bothered , i mean you'll be worried about a millwall fans opinion next ;-)
  • judging on seeing us once and Norwich once. Not really going to take the opinion seriously
  • [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]if you've only watched one team once each, you don't make bold statements such as they are a class above, especially when they lost and we fought out for a draw in the same tie.
    it's a ridiculous statement, chelsea were a league above atletico today in terms of quality, neither norwich or leeds were a league above us when we played away to them both.

So when you come out of a game you don't comment on how good you think the other team were or what you think their prospects for the season are ?
  • I think Norwich are better than us in terms of quality and depth of squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• So when you come out of a game you don't comment on how good you think the other team were or what you think their prospects for the season are ?[/quote]

Personally no, I comment on how they played that day. If I have seen them a few times then maybe I will feel I can offer more of an opinion.
  • It seems a slightly odd conclusion given that they beat Norwich and were reasonably lucky to get a point against us. Appreciate that it's not hard and fast, but it's definitely an indicator.

He's entitled to his opinion anyway, and I think the league is theirs to lose, but as ever it's not worth wasting braintime on. It'll all get played out on the pitch, in time.
  • It's just an opinion based on the teams performance that day.
    Based on what i've seen this season, Wycombe, Exeter and Brentford will struggle, Huddersfield and Colchester will be right up there and Southampton are far too good to go down. Now i've only seen those teams play once this season but i don't think i'll be too far wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's just an opinion based on the teams performance that day.
    Based on what i've seen this season, Wycombe, Exeter and Brentford will struggle, Huddersfield and Colchester will be right up there and Southampton are far too good to go down. Now i've only seen those teams play once this season but i don't think i'll be too far wrong.
    I wonder if reading and norwich thought that last season at the valley?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's just an opinion based on the teams performance that day.

I imagine Norwich already knew what would happen after we played them at the Valley seeing as it was the last game of the season ;-)
  • The league table is more indicative of a team's quality rather than watching each team once and basing it on that. Obviously.
  • So on the basis of one match vs Norwich and one match vs Charlton the Leeds fan has made an earth shattering conclusion. The wiser man would look at several matches and perhaps consider the table, goals scored, form to dtae, depth in squad etc.
  • I actually think Monday's result was good for us.As for the comments, Norwich never kept a clean sheet whereas we did.

Norwich's bad start has given us a good head start on them , we also had a better advantage over the Saints.Us those two and Leeds are 'big clubs' with good support.

Remember there are 2 automatic places.So far so good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Southampton are far too good to go down.

I imagine Norwich already knew what would happen after we played them at the Valley seeing as it was the last game of the season ;-)
    i meant the too good to go down comment ;o) as in did norwich think after that game - Charlton shouldnt be going down?
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    ......... but as ever it's not worth wasting braintime on. It'll all get played out on the pitch, in time.

Right. One look at the table after 46 games will tell exactly who the better teams are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ive said from the begining of the season that Norwich are the dark horses, and nothing has changed my opinion of that