Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikel/Adebayor suspensions to be doubled ...

... as appeals were frivolous.

Oh, no - silly me!

Comments

• Options
    lol one of the lads a work said self same thing

would be interesting
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... as appeals were frivolous.

Oh, no - silly me![/quote]I was ready to believe you!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... as appeals were frivolous.

Oh, no - silly me!

Maybe we'll know what went on at the high court soon? ;-)
  • Options
    I am more shocked the Keane appeal at spurs was not deemed frivolous. Replays showed pretty cleary that he knocked it away with his hand yet they still appealed. I was also surprised by the Adebayor decision as although in the middle of things he didn't appear to do anything much and certainly didn't do what he was supposedly sent off for.
  • Options
    None of these will be doubled even though they should be viewed as frivilous - especially Keane's. Sankofa and Charlton were made an example of, using a very litle used rule - one that caused outcry / legal action etc. I doubt that the FA will ever enforce it again, especially not against the 'big' clubs that have a lot of financial / legal muscle. The whole thing stinks...

The FA will probably prove me wrong now...
  • Options
    "especially not against the 'big' clubs that have a lot of financial / legal muscle."

It's more political muscle at the FA and the friendly support of tame journalists who'd make a fuss out of it.

Sankofa was useful to create a precedent - a low ranking player at a low ranking club and can be quickly forgotten.