Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton away tickets.....(sold out)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why should a single person with no mortgage and kids get priority over me just coz they went to hereford,hartlepool or carlisle.I done all of them and more 20 years ago and didn't get feckin priority then.I've been 3 away games and should get the same treatment as the others.

Quite agreed we should base it on attendance 20 years ago :-)
  • with WSS on this one regarding Northwich being added to those other four games . A match on a sunday lunchtime almost as far as tranmere that is being shown on tv and add to that the southampton match
  • When I collected the Yeovil tickets last week, I asked for them to be allocated against specific people (who were going) who all had 2 sales registered, so that they could be boosted to 3. My logic being that if for Brighton or later games 3 were required we'd be ok.

"Oh no she says register against the people with 0 or 1 sales to boost their figures, as we definitely won't ever be asking for 3 registered aways."

No says I as some of them won't be attending aways this season, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway you can guess who won and it wasn't me :-(

3 aways now needed for Brighton first priority, - good idea I am not surprised, unfortunately the ticket office staff will be :-(
  • Market economy though - I'd probably pay 60 squid for a ticket if it was for sure. Mate's a Brighton fan though so might end up sitting on my hands for the game anyhows.

Carpet - will you be going and do you qualify for a ticket (or two) ?
  • Hmmm tempting. If I can get the time off day afterwards....
  • The system is fair IMHO

What needs to be sorted is the non recording of games by the Ticket Office. I recently rung the club to see what is on my record which is missing 1 game (Hartlepool). Was told on the phone that this is not a problem as all you need to do is take the stub from the game along when purchasing tickets. Wonder if this will happen?
  • I'm gnna take my stub from Gillingham and see if I can get them to put it on my membership number, now there is some good from going to Tranmere :)
  • I can see some in home areas as they will not sell out
  • Every game is an away game for me.When i travelled to Hartlepool left home 10pm friday ,arriving in Southwest London by 6-15am Saturday ,to go by taxi to kings Cross and to meet Syd for rail tickets by 7-30am.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]with WSS on this one regarding Northwich being added to those other four games . A match on a sunday lunchtime almost as far as tranmere that is being shown on tv and add to that the southampton match

The thinking behind excluding Northwich is that you could buy a ticket for this game relatively cheaply with no intention of attending, so in effect you would just be paying a premium to get a Brighton ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• All you have to do is very discreetly flash your Charlton Life badge at the ticket window.
  • Airman - do you reckon any Brighton tickets will be left to go on sale to other supporters, and if so what will be the criteria for the next eligible group?
  • Airman - My Coach to Northwich arrived in the post yesterday, shame it couldn't have included a ticket!
  • So what about Yeovil tickets Airman?
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Brighton ticket info should be published imminently, but the basic requirement for first priority will be purchase of three away games INCLUDING one of Hartlepool, Hereford, Tranmere or Carlisle. If we allowed any three away games the pool of potential purchasers would be too big and we felt that if someone has travelled to one of these games they deserve priority over people who have "only" done the more attractive away games.

Tickets will go on sale on Monday.
    I did Carlilse in '86, Hereford in the league cup in '87 (?) and Tranmere in '92 ish. Does that count?

:-)
  • I would guess that Yeovil isn't included because you could buy a ticket today, get a Brighton one next week and then return your Yeovil one for a refund.
  • The same logic applies to Yeovil as Northwich, plus I think the number travelling would make the pool for Brighton priority too big.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Airman - do you reckon any Brighton tickets will be left to go on sale to other supporters, and if so what will be the criteria for the next eligible group?

Full details here. I think it's debatable whether we will get to the second priority, which is why we have the first priority.
  • Never knew brighton played at the withdean. Only 890 tickets. Going to be lucky to get one of them then. Is there the possibility of more coming if we sell out? if not, What area of the home stand shall we aim for? All stick to the stand and block
  • Anyone got a con number that is elegible for tickets but will not be using it fancy whispering it to me? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• so yes it's fair that a person who went carlisle,hereford,tranmere or hartlepool gets first dibs,but what isn't bloody fair when we only have 890 tickets
    is that they get to buy 2.Please explain why somebody who hasn't been to a game this year could quite easily go to Brighton as they know someone who
    meets the above criteria.Please explain this Airman as I am having difficulty in finding the fairness on this, why fecking 2 TICKETS and not 1.
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Anyone got a con number that is elegible for tickets but will not be using it fancy whispering it to me? :-)

Likewise please!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so yes it's fair that a person who went carlisle,hereford,tranmere or hartlepool gets first dibs,but what isn't bloody fair when we only have 890 tickets
    is that they get to buy 2.Please explain why somebody who hasn't been to a game this year could quite easily go to Brighton as they know someone who
    meets the above criteria.Please explain this Airman as I am having difficulty in finding the fairness on this, why fecking 2 TICKETS and not 1.
    Yeah - the two tickets is a strange one.
  • I asked first. Bog off mrlargo. Or if anyone is thinking of buying just one buy me one too. :-) i aint that weird its ok
  • agree entirely with northstandsteve on this one. As he says someone who hasn't been to a single away game can effectively get one by knowing someone matching the criteria. Why have such criteria in the first place if it can then be 'abused' like this. Very strange.
  • AND YES FROM AS MY SON SAYS A PROPER FAN IF SOMEONE HAS GOT A CON NUMBER GIVE ME A WHISPER.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so yes it's fair that a person who went carlisle,hereford,tranmere or hartlepool gets first dibs,but what isn't bloody fair when we only have 890 tickets

Was about to post the exact same thing. This is the only problem area, why should they be able to get 2 tickets.
    Agreed, that doesn't make sense.
  • Depending on a 2nd Round Cup tie (if there is one) I might have a CON available with more than enough on so I will gladly offer it over to someone on here
  • Hello leaburn. May i secure first refusal?