Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton away tickets.....(sold out)

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Never knew brighton played at the withdean. Only 890 tickets. Going to be lucky to get one of them then. Is there the possibility of more coming if we sell out? if not, What area of the home stand shall we aim for? All stick to the stand and block[/quote]

I believe that Brighton sell out their home tickets every game
  • highest gate this season is 6,500 of a possible 8,850 so home end might be a goer
  • [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Never knew brighton played at the withdean. Only 890 tickets. Going to be lucky to get one of them then. Is there the possibility of more coming if we sell out? if not, What area of the home stand shall we aim for? All stick to the stand and block

I believe that Brighton sell out their home tickets every game
    I think the phrase you want is, 'they fill their end'.
  • I'll feed the comments about two tickets back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I'll feed the comments about two tickets back.

well done Airman. I too think it's a bit silly, a lower standard for one ticket makes more sense than a higher standard for two (and this is from someone who would get a ticket regardless if it was six or seven bookings needed so no bias).
  • Airman, is there anyway to secure a ticket even though I've technically got nothing on my record? I've been to Hereford, Gillingham, Orient, Carlisle and Leeds away booking either through mates because it's easier or through them going on general sale. Can you show the stubs at the ticket office and get a ticket?
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I'll feed the comments about two tickets back.

I do actually think its a fair point to be honest.

If 'the club' are really concerned that theoretically people would go to the extent of buying a ticket for another game just for the ability to buy a ticket for an open air shallow seat midweek in the middle of winter, then it does make it all a bit daft the fact that 50% of our allocation could theoretically then go to people who have never been to a game before in their life.

I think everyone is in agreement that those who go to places like Carlisle, H'pool & Tranmere should get preference, but they should not get the ability to take others as well.

Personally i would start it with people who have been to three away matches this season (inclusive of Northwich and Yeovil, but excluding Orient & Gillingham for now), then open it up to people with three inclusive of those other two.
  • i spoke to dave archer who's response was that we always allow people to buy 2 tickets.Which in my opinion giving the small allocation is a cop out and
    badly thought out response.Also I have bought tickets for me and the littlen for Orient Colchester & Gillingham and they have only allocated my cons number despite me quoting both.When I asked the girl if it was possible to put the matches against his number as well,we came up with the Little Britain
    old china COMPUTER SAYS NO.Again how hard is it to put these matches against his cons number god almighty big sigh
  • Brighton site :-

Tickets for the home match against Charlton Athletic on Tuesday 1st December are now on sale to Gold & Blue members, plus supporters who purchased a ticket for any of the home games against Walsall, Stockport, Wycombe, Southend or MK Dons.

Tickets will go on general sale at 9.30am on Tuesday 10th November.

Supporters may purchase tickets in person at the Ticket Office at 128 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3WB, by post, via the Ticketline on 0845 496 1901 and online.

Simples :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i spoke to dave archer who's response was that we always allow people to buy 2 tickets.
    Is that even true? Were you able to buy two tickets per CON number for the Gills game for instance?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Were you able to buy two tickets per CON number for the Gills game for instance?

yes
  • Oh, well I was asked for 5 seperate numbers when I bought 5 tickets. Think they need a good training session down in the ticket office!
  • You should be asked for five separate numbers, in order that the tickets can be recorded against five people - but you would only have needed three of them to qualify to buy the seats.

On the issue of stubs, the problem with accepting these is that the club has no way of knowing whether they were actually from someone who has already bought a ticket through their record held on the system, i.e. I buy Brighton because I went to Carlisle and the system shows that and then I give my Carlisle stub to a third party who uses it to justify his purchase.
  • edited November 2009
    Best way to get the commercial centre to actually notice you're there..cough. Waited there today and no one came to me, so I coughed and everyone looked like they had been found out and continued working instead of talking.

I wont be going to Brighton (as I finish college in Orpington at 5) so it'll be a close shave to get down there, so if anyone wants my CON number they can if they wish (although i've only got 2 away games on there now :( )
  • Agree totally about the 2 tickets question. Why is Northwich not included as I have my ticket and gave them my con number. Up to the Yeovil game I will have been to 5 away games and may not get a ticket whereas a friend of someone who falls into the correct catagory will get to go even if they don't support Charlton.

I would change 2 things

1.Northwich is included as we have only sold 200 tickets and those that are going are doing so despite it being on ITV.

2.Only 1 ticket per person otherwise only 450ish die hards get to go, with their mates.

At least it's a better system than before, it just needs a little adjustment in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Large[/cite]if we both get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend could this game then be switched to Nov 28th, 2nd Round day, as opposed to three days later on 1st Dec ? Would make more sense all round.
    Could still happen?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Large[/cite]if we both get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend could this game then be switched to Nov 28th, 2nd Round day, as opposed to three days later on 1st Dec ? Would make more sense all round.
    Could still happen?

Hope not, I'm resigned to the fact that I won't get a ticket but not too pissed off as it is midweek and I went there for the friendly last year.

But if it's a Saturday and I can't get a ticket, I wouldn't be so happy.
  • after the performances at Carlise and Northwich not sure I'd want to go now even if I did manage to get hold of a ticket
  • I got our 4 this morning, on the phone no problem.
  • anybody now how many we have sold for this so far?
  • Sponsored links:

• We're at about 300 - given the pattern of these sales in the past, I think it's now likely there will be a few hundred to go on sale next Monday, at which point I'd expect them to sell out.
  • Just got 2
  • new manager tba soon brighton might sell out their own end for this one!
  • Brighton have announced Gus Poyet as manager according to Sky. Should work things up slightly. Can't get enough tickets as per usual.
  • When will they announce the next batch of priorities. I am valley gold with 4 aways Orient, norwich,leeds and gills) , but none of the specials. I have kept quiet as it probably is fair that others are more deserving but I think I'm next in line after that. Be very annoyed i'm not or if its made so wide i don't get in.
  • Depending on availability, the second phase will start on Monday, November 16th, when ticket eligibility will be extended to the following groups, with each person permitted two tickets:

Season-ticket holders who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season

Valley Gold members who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season

Season-ticket holders with Valley Gold membership who have purchased tickets to any away game this season
  • Got my two! ;-)
  • anymore updates on how many sold for this? i know its only been a day just trying to gauge how likely it is there will be any left on monday?

cheers
  • Got my ticket yesterday morning. To those travelling on the train from London a tip is to get off at Haywards Heath rather than Preston Park and jump on the free shuttle bus to the ground- should save a few quid.

Yeovil tickets came in the same envelope, standing for me and seats for my Mum and her friend Wendy. The bloke in the ticket office didn't mention anything about 'ambulant disabled' or 'elderly fans' only getting seated tickets.
  • Airman,
    thanks for update. Be a mad scramble. Shame there's not one day for ST plus VG plus 2 or more aways. It doesn't seem as though VG does me any good as a ST holder at all. O well