Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton away tickets.....(sold out)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Airman,
    thanks for update. Be a mad scramble. Shame there's not one day for ST plus VG plus 2 or more aways. It doesn't seem as though VG does me any good as a ST holder at all. O well

We will be taking another look at the way we prioritise tickets for future games based on the feedback for this one, but I don't think there is an ideal solution. The computer system is helpful but there are constraints built into it - for example we cannot collect names of all people who will attend on the tickets when a booking is made online as the system only asks for the purchaser.

Leaving the VG issue to one side for the moment, I'd be interested to know how people would feel if we said that we would only sell to previous purchasers, but in the quantities they had previously bought, i.e. if an ST had bought three for three games including Carlisle, they would have been entitled to buy three for Brighton.

This would get over the problem of recording everyone who uses the tickets, but it might mean that if a mate bought your tickets previously you can't buy this time.
  • Got two in the home end today. Apparently the view from the away end is the worst in the league.
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Got two in the home end today. Apparently the view from the away end is the worst in the league.

We were there for the friendly last year ... wouldn't call it worst in the league but it is a way from the pitch. Clubhouse bar is great though!
  • From FootballGroundGuide:

Alastair Webb adds; 'It's worth pointing out that the free travel ticket that you get with your match ticket not only includes train travel from Brighton to Preston Park but also from Haywards Heath to Preston Park. This means that the many fans who are heading South on the London-Brighton mainline can save a few quid by only buying a ticket to Haywards Heath and then using their matchday travel voucher from there'.

£9.90 return for me from London to Haywards Heath, although gotta go from Orpington on the way there, which means going via Croydon :(
  • edited November 2009
    Was there too, but went in the home end then too!
  • Nathan, I applaud the fact that you go to so many away games, but why do you always have to moan about it?
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Nathan, I applaud the fact that you go to so many away games, but why do you always have to moan about it?

Apparantly I moan about everything, so its natural I geuss.
  • I thought he was just moaning that he had to go via Croydon, Palace territory as it were.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought he was just moaning that he had to go via Croydon, Palace territory as it were.

Ahhh that's explainable then .. sorry Nathan ;-)
  • Ash Tray - how did you get tickets in the home end?

from what I could see on their site you need to have made a previous purchase and be on their database?
  • Sponsored links:

• We sold about 50 today.
  • How about issuing points for away games? for instance,

Gillingham 1 point
    Orient 2 points
    Leeds 4
    Carlisle 6

then instead of asking for so many away games, look at the system for how many points accrued.
    I think Chelsea used a familiar system if not still do.

Plus, one ticket needs to be sorted for the restrictions. Only when on sale to all season ticket holders should you be able to buy more
  • If the club can't track ALL the people who attend away games then it's absolutely scandalous to be using attendance at said away games for future games.
  • Nobody wants these, then?

After all the fuss, there are still 200-plus left seven hours after they went on sale to the following:

Season-ticket holders who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season
    Valley Gold members who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season
    Season-ticket holders with Valley Gold membership who have purchased tickets to any away game this season
  • I didn't need a C number for Barnet :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Nobody wants these, then?

After all the fuss, there are still 200-plus left seven hours after they went on sale to the following:

Season-ticket holders who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season
    Valley Gold members who have purchased tickets to any two away games this season
    Season-ticket holders with Valley Gold membership who have purchased tickets to any away game this season

I'd like two please - when will they be going on general sale?
  • Any truth in the rumour that If Brighton lose the cup replay on Weds we'll play this game on Saturday 28th ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Any truth in therumourthat If Brighton lose the cup replay on Weds we'll play this game on Saturday 28th ?

Not to my knowledge, but I'll ask.
  • There's no proposal to move the Brighton game and even if there was at this stage it's unlikely we'd agree, is what I'm told.
  • If there's any left next tuesday i'll go.
  • Sponsored links:

• cant make it cause of lectures :( grrrr
  • Skip them, and get me a ticket :P
  • you are a season ticket holder with two games on ur history, you can get one
  • No money atm
  • aslong as you have £4 for Saturday thats all that matters you mug
  • Yeah I will
  • I hate being denied a ticket to go because all but one of the away games I've been too, have been games were I have bought the tickets at the ground.
    First Gillingham, now here :(
  • expect a warm welcome from the brighton and hove police force..

• [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]expect a warm welcome from the brighton and hove police force..

gay_police-13032.jpg

About the only thing that will be warm on a tuesday night in December on an open terrace in Brighton.
  • is that picture real.