Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stockport (A)

edited November 2009 in Match Day Travel
Managed to find a rather cheap return for £26.05 with a 16-25 railcard.

Outward:
Depart Euston at 9:07am get to Stockport at 11:27am via Stafford with 1 change for £15.50

Return:
Depart S'port 18:35 and gets to Euston at 21:15 again via Stafford with 1 change for £10.55

On the outward journey it would give time to pop into Manchester and go to a few pubs there or do a bit of shopping or what have you.

If anyone has found anything different, then that'll be good to see

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]or do a bit of shopping

you going to see a "show" or something ;o)
  • Let's all go shopping with Nathan.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]or do a bit of shopping

you going to see a "show" or something ;o)

When I went to Brum with my ex I did a bit of shopping before that :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Let's all go shopping with Nathan.

;o)

Lol
  • I paid £11 to go up on the Friday night and my old man is driving back on the Sunday as he is going up there for work on Friday.

I'm doing Stockport in a box, oh how the other half live eh?
  • Anyone else have any news on cheap trains up there i'd be interested to know
  • Just worked out I can use my free bus pass, it only takes three days with overnight stays in the bus shelters in Derby and Stafford.
  • £9.50 return from sheffield Ross if your going let me no we may aswell get the train together?
  • Yeah be good to know the cheapest fare possible from London!!! wanna do this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]£9.50 return from sheffield Ross if your going let me no we may aswell get the train together?

Am going mate, i'll facebook you my number and we'll sort out times etc the week of the game - only 40 mins there no stops so it will be a picnic compared to Carlisle!

Guess who's in Sheffield that day... they are stripey and like transfer embargos

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• If you wanna do the route I suggested on the same trains, its £39.50 for an adult ticket with no railcards
  • looked at Virgin and direct is £66
  • Nathan, what sort of items do you shop for before a match ??
  • [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]Nathan, what sort of items do you shop for before a match ??

Um, anything really :P
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]Nathan, what sort of items do you shop for before a match ??

Um, anything really :P

Lingerie for his girlfriend ....?
  • good late inclusion of last three words Oggy...
  • just seen our allocation for this is uncovered again!!!!! three away games in a row with no roofs, what are the odds
  • Last time round at stockport was a great day! In there little social club in the away corner of the ground. Fantastic game with yet another andy hunt hat trick!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]£9.50 return from sheffield Ross if your going let me no we may aswell get the train together?[/quote]

Am going mate, i'll facebook you my number and we'll sort out times etc the week of the game - only 40 mins there no stops so it will be a picnic compared to Carlisle!

Guess who's in Sheffield that day... they are stripey and like transfer embargos

;-)[/quote]

Haha the Nigels are in town will be intrested to see us CAFC in Sheff. I wanted to go to that match at Brammel lane kevin blackwell's nephew had tickets, oh well bring on stockport. Ross i'm gonna get the 10 something out of Sheffield few mates coming up from london for the game aswell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockport is the Woolwich of The North. FACT.
  • Stockports train station was rated as the worst in the UK.

F*****g 'ell, railway knowledge. I am proper Charlton.
  • yes, but the platform cafes are reasonable
  • I have two spare seats for this game travelling from Dartford at around 0800 if anyone is interested
  • lightweights
  • if its a free ticket and free travel them i'm game