Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A2 closed...

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Both directions around Westhorne avenue/kidbroke because of a lorry fire. Incase anyone affected.

Comments

• Great! That's where I will be driving back to at 5.30pm.
  • edited November 2009
    Any idea where the best place is to find the latest up to the minute news on this? BBC travel or highways agency perhaps? Might get the train home instead of coach tonight!
  • bbc traffic website and also I get Clarkes and I just spoke to them and they are sending everything down the A13,

Long ol slog tonight :o(
  • Absolute bloody liberty. Police closing the damn roads off just because of a fire. They should just pull the flaming wreckage to one side of the road and open the carriageway again, let all the cars through. Far too much of this goes on all the time, delaying people's journeys home. Wibble.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way with early doors.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Absolute bloody liberty. Police closing the damn roads off just because of a fire. They should just pull the flaming wreckage to one side of the road and open the carriageway again, let all the cars through. Far too much of this goes on all the time, delaying people's journeys home. Wibble.

LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Absolute bloody liberty. Police closing the damn roads off just because of a fire. They should just pull the flaming wreckage to one side of the road and open the carriageway again, let all the cars through. Far too much of this goes on all the time, delaying people's journeys home. Wibble.

Glad to see you're seeing sense for a change Leroy...keep up the good work fella.
  • hope our minibus driver doesn't use this an excuse for being late tonight ; - )
  • Quite a few Addicks kind of heading in that general direction this evening for the meeting............I'll try going over The Heath but fancy that too will be absolutely chocker.
  • eltham is gridlocked.
    also avoid shooters hill police station lights if possible.
    took me nearly an hour to get from top of shooters hill to near eltham church, and i know and used the back doubles.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Quite a few Addicks kind of heading in that general direction this evening for the meeting............I'll try going over The Heath but fancy that too will be absolutely chocker.

Grove Park was a bu**er the night of the Bristol Rovers game. Blackheath was alright though.
  • Traffic gridlocked everywhere. 20 mins from sidcup and still not at blackfen.

Me and I presume a lot of people gonna miss the start of the meeting tonight
  • Eltham seems pretty clear if you can get to fiveways on a20 then green lane, eltham high st back ways to rochester way, up broadwalk cross shooters hill road and up charlton park lane that should cut across the traffic. Think the start has been delayed.
  • oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii leave Broad walk etc out of this dont want car loads of rife raff driving past GH Towers.
  • work in charlton live in plumstead left the car at work and got a train home this seems to be happening all too frequently they want to get us out of our cars and onto public transport
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]hope our minibus driver doesn't use this an excuse for being late tonight ; - )

Hope he doesn't forget his camera!
  • Faversham start but gave up somewhere near Swanscombe! Missed the meeting so pretty miffed all round.
  • edited October 2010
    todays 1st october.
    [Severe] A102 Greenwich southbound between A206 Woolwich Road and A2 Shooters Hill Road | A102 London - Closed southbound due to serious police incident between Woolwich Road Flyover and Sun In The Sands Roundabout congestion to Blackwall Tunnel in Greenwich

Not sure of the cause officialy, but sounds grim.
  • according to bbc travel A102 now open, but I'm not sure it is judging by cctv cameras near blackwall tunnel ... this sounds rather nasty
  • Should be ok now, saw the air ambulence land near my school took off about 3.40ish hope to god its re open allthough that would cap off a shitty week nicely no 89's to take me home.