Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Trust website malware?

I hope this isn't happening to everyone, but when I do a Google search for 'Charlton Athletic Trust' it comes up with two links to the official club website then two links to the Trust website (cact.org.uk). All looks OK, but when you click on the main link to the Trust website it redirects you to a malware fake virus scanner page! If this is widespread (a) what is causing it - hackers?, and (b) what damage is it doing to the club's reputation, infecting the computers of people who want to look up our community scheme? I'm very troubled by this, and hope it's just my computer that does it.

Comments

• Options
    Yep. I just tried and got the anti-virus scan
  • Options
    F&H, I'd be worried if I was you, it's a pretty serious issue and will almost certainly DESTROY your pc, if I was you I'd certainly be turning it off, right now.
  • Options
    Link from Club OS seems to work fine on a mac using firefox.
  • Options
    It works fine if you type the URL into the URL box, so the site itself is there as normal. Just seems to be the link on the Google search page that's affected and re-routes you to a malware page.
  • Options
    I blame women's football.
  • Options
    It occasionally happens to this site as well when using Google.
  • Options
    Bookmarks/favourites are the answers IM IT semi-illiterate HO