Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

As long as things are still in our own hands...

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
...i'd take that.

With Colchester, Norwich (and Leeds to a lesser extent) to come to The Valley our ambitions are still in our own hands. The last three games have been strange - a crazy Millwall game, two crazy moments of madness from Sodje and Burton and then another London derby two days later on a bog. We came out undefeated, yes, we would want more but we have shown grit and determination not seen over the past 3 seasons.

Our destiny still firmly rests with Parky and the players and if it remains that way up until May then we will be promoted.

Keep going Charlton.

Comments

• As long as things are still in out own hands...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYE
  • Shhh.
  • shhhhhhhhtop shhhhhhhhhhhhlurrrrrrrrrrring
  • Still loads to play for and other teams around us will have ups and downs,id like to think we still have enough to push for a strong finish.
  • problem as i see it is that norwich have had their down and we can't get away from them on our up.........
  • This situation reminds me horribly of 2 years ago, three draws and a defeat really affected our hopes of automatic promotion then over the xmas period inc a game where we were lucky to get a draw after Sodje committing an almost identical foul to the other day.

Pardew kept harping on about all the teams around us had to come the The Valley (WBA, Wolves, Bristol City etc), and the whole in our own hands argument, again we have all the teams to come to the Valley.

I hope that this is a blip that we can get out of asap, especially as Leeds and Norwich have been almost faultless since October, not to mention Colchester and Huddersfield
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]problem as i see it is that norwich have had their down and we can't get away from them on our up.........

Ooh Aah, you don't think you're a cat toying with mice, do you?

Otherwise, the mods will change your username to OooooohAaaaarrrgh!!!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]problem as i see it is that norwich have had their down and we can't get away from them on our up.........

Their down may be about to come in January, and off the pitch. BingAddick went to see their 3-0 win against Huddersfield, which looked pretty awesome on paper, and he came back less than awestruck
    Huddersfield cannot be that good. They've got the same number of points from one more game as Swindon, and we've just seen how good Swindon are.
    I understand why we have such fragile nerves, but sometimes we are too introvert.
    The supporters of the other teams will have been looking at our nine man performance and shivering a bit.
    So long as the Board are able to back Parky in the January window, we have every chance of an automatic promotion place. Its in our hands.
  • I want a pair of rose tints before the wallsall game - play offs here we come!
  • i'm a cautious supporter and that's the way i have always been so no wind up from me , i just say it how i see it......
    i know since this website started it hasn't been great reading when someone says something c**tish like 'i think we're going down' or 'i don't think we'll go up automatically' but it's how i see it and it's how i'll say it and i'm sorry if it rubs people up wrong but just cos i don't see it all thru rose tinted doesn't mean i don't care or don't want success for our club as much as the next fan.....
    i'll say it now i think norwich and leeds will finish above us .... i want us to win the league but don't think it will happen
  • Sponsored links:

• are some of you Opus Dei? Cause you do self flagellation so fucking well
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm a cautious supporter and that's the way i have always been

Is that why Alan Cautiously is your hero ....?

;o)
  • good shout oggsy but at the beginning of every season under curbs i never fancied our chances of staying up but somehow we did ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    Would've taken play-offs at the start of the season so see no differently now. Think we've got it in us to sneak automatic, if we haven't (and it's likely to be Norwich at the moment that would pip us to it) then what's the big deal about the play off's?

Two legs and a one-off game you have to back us to do Colchester, MK Dons, Huddersfield etc. If we can't we don't deserve to go up.

And with people worried about the transfer window, I think Norwich have got more saleable assets than we have... a few Championship teams have a bit of wedge, who is to say Holt and Hoolahan might get some big interest. Apart from Newcastle and Forest, every team in that league would be in for Holt.
  • it was a case of grass being greener after curbs left but quite honestly turned into a turd farm!
  • Well I suspect Norwich won't be able to refuse a big 6 figure, let alone 7 figure bid for Hoolahan
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Two legs and a one-off game you have to back us to do Colchester, MK Dons, Huddersfield etc. If we can't we don't deserve to go up.

If it could be guaranteed (and against those teams we have one hell of a chance!) I'd take a Wembley play-off win over automatic any time ;-)
  • as long as millwall aren't in the play offs my health wouldn't suffer if we didn't go up
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Two legs and a one-off game you have to back us to do Colchester, MK Dons, Huddersfield etc. If we can't we don't deserve to go up.

If it could be guaranteed (and against those teams we have one hell of a chance!) I'd take a Wembley play-off win over automatic any time ;-)

.. and should earn us some well-needed revenue
  • We'd all have settled for second place after 24 games. We have only been beaten twice in the league all season and if we are still there or thereabouts when back at full strength we can give it a right good go. The play-offs looks like the worst possible outcome at the moment, so how bad can it be? If we don't make it at the end of the season and we've had a good go,then so be it. You've got to acknowledge that they are all playing together and doing everything they can at the moment. The January transfer window might play to our advantage as well in the coming weeks....
  • Sponsored links:

• My nightmare scenario is us finsihing 3rd, Southampton 6th and they beat us in the play off semi's
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My nightmare scenario is us finsihing 3rd, Southampton 6th and they beat us in the play off semi's

surely replacing millsmall with soton makes that scenario beyond all your worst nightmares x infinity
  • good point glenda, but still would have preferred few more points after those 3 games. but our fate is still in our own hand and we have shown we can come out respectable with our backs against the well against swindon so that was a bonus after going two down