Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January

JTJT
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Games in January:

Sat Jan 02 Walsall 15:00 A
Sat Jan 09 Hartlepool United 15:00 H
Sat Jan 16 Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 A
Mon Jan 25 Leyton Orient 19:45 H
Sat Jan 30 Tranmere Rovers 15:00 H

13 points at the very mininum is required although obviously 15 is the target. A good chance to turn these draws into wins and get back on track with injuries & suspensions back.

Could go 14 unbeaten going into the final 3rd of the season. With the 2 point per game average still in place.

Massive month.

Comments

• 15 points from those games is needed imo we have a very tough run in and those games above are all very winnable in comparrison we need to turn unbeaten into unstoppable as narwich are breathing heavy down our necks and leeds will not fuk up
  • Yea i agree it could happen. Based on the last 3 games i woud say there will be a slip up somewere along the month. It would only be the O's game that i might worry about they are all very winnable games though.
  • 15 points is needed, but we'll prob end up with 3 players sent off and no goalkeeper against someone.

Norwich have got Colchester away this month which could come in handy for us if all square.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]15 points from those games is needed imo we have a very tough run in and those games above are all very winnable in comparrison we need to turn unbeaten into unstoppable as narwich are breathing heavy down our necks and leeds will not fuk up

I agree 100% with this. I cannot see Narwich or Leeds slipping up so to slip up here could be fatal. After the draw agains mickie mouse Swindon my faith is not riding high. Howver if Noriwch are going to slip up i reckon it will be us they do it against.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]15 points from those games is needed imo we have a very tough run in and those games above are all very winnable in comparrison we need to turn unbeaten into unstoppable as narwich are breathing heavy down our necks and leeds will not fuk up

Agreed, 15 points is needed and shuld definitely be achievable.
  • We need to quickly get our squad right for January, that means if Akpoe is going back we need a replacement in, we need the left wing sorted, decide if Mooney's injury needs a replacement, whether Dickson can do a job for us and get rid of McLeod. Leeds, Norwich and Southampton probably have the strongest squads in this division, we may need more depth between now the end of season to avoid a curbishleyesqe collapse in the run up.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite] we'll prob end up with 3 players sent off and no goalkeeper against someone.

and then we can get really excited with a draw!!
  • "Sick and tired, you been hanging on me"
  • I reckon we can win them all. althouh doing it is another thing. at least 13 points needed as narwich are getting too close for comfort now!
  • edited December 2009
    How about this for a run of games from March - May:

Millwall v Charlton
    Charlton v Gillingham
    Huddersfield v Charlton
    MK Dons v Charlton
    Charlton v Carlisle
    Southampton v Charlton
    Charlton v Colchester
    Charlton v Norwich
    Exeter v Charlton
    Charlton v Leeds United
    Oldham v Charlton

I really hope we have a decent lead by then
  • Sponsored links:

• Not only have those promotion chasing teams got to play us, but they've also got to play each other - and they can't all win.

Keep the faith.
  • Well said Oggy Red, long way to go yet with lots of twists and turns for all.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not only have those promotion chasing teams got to play us, but they've also got to play each other - and they can't all win.

Keep the faith.

Don't worry, I do have faith, it's just that my nerves would very much like the job half-done before March. It's important to churn out the wins now and ease some of the pressure on away games at Huddersfield, MK Dons, Southampton etc.
  • Lost twice all season and never been out of top two. Can`t see anyone fancying playing us either. Not really seen anything so far in this league Charlton should be frightened of. There will be hiccups no doubt but as Oggy said "keep the faith".
  • Norwich ahve re-arranged their game at Walsall for 12 January. They also have Wycombe away this week & Colchester on the 16th. Their home games are against Exeter, Brentford & Hartlepool. They will be anticipating a rich haul of points.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Norwich ahve re-arranged their game at Walsall for 12 January. They also have Wycombe away this week & Colchester on the 16th. Their home games are against Exeter, Brentford & Hartlepool. They will be anticipating a rich haul of points.

Many a slip tween cup and lip !
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]How about this for a run of games from March - May:

Millwall v Charlton
    Charlton v Gillingham
    Huddersfield v Charlton
    MK Dons v Charlton
    Charlton v Carlisle
    Southampton v Charlton
    Charlton v Colchester
    Charlton v Norwich
    Exeter v Charlton
    Charlton v Leeds United
    Oldham v Charlton

thats why we need 15 points from the next 5
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]How about this for a run of games from March - May:

Millwall v Charlton
    Charlton v Gillingham
    Huddersfield v Charlton
    MK Dons v Charlton
    Charlton v Carlisle
    Southampton v Charlton
    Charlton v Colchester
    Charlton v Norwich
    Exeter v Charlton
    Charlton v Leeds United
    Oldham v Charlton

that's why 3 points from the last 3 isn't good enough
  • We really can't have a Curbs end to the season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not only have those promotion chasing teams got to play us, but they've also got to play each other - and they can't all win.

Keep the faith.

And Leeds, Norwich, Colchester have to come to the Valley which they will not particularly relish. We are still in control of our destiny ... just ;-)