Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EPL talk: Top ten goals of the noughties

My mate, Paul Bestal, writes regularly for the epltalk.com website and has come up with his top ten goals of the last ten years. There are two charlton related points of interest in his chart the first being at number eight, Shaun Bartlett's goal for Charlton v Leicester April 2001. The other Charlton mention is one I care less to think about and that's Van Persie's goal against us in 2007 which he has decided is the best premier league goal of the decade.

Anyway, here's the link, I'm sure he'd appriciate your imput.

Top ten best goals of the noughties

Comments

• Some stunning goals in there, but Bartlett's should be higher up the list imo - better than Alonso's or Bentley's, but I'm bound to be biased I guess. Certainly doubt I'll ever see a better strike by a Charlton player. As for the Van Persie goal, I've watched it about a hundred times now and to this day I swear he shins it. I suppose it doesn't really matter though, because he clearly intended to shoot and the outcome was pretty spectacular whatever part of his leg/foot he hit the ball with.

Think my favourite of all (apart from Bartman's, for sentimental reasons) is Bergkamp's because, as you can see from the volleys by the likes of Bartlett and Johnson, any old player can occasionally produce a spectacular volley or 30 yard pile driver but the skill and invention required to produce that first touch of Bergkamp's is something only a very few have been gifted with and I've never seen another goal like it (although I'm sure someone must have scored one like it somewhere).
  • What a player Bergkamp was.

Nice list, but am I alone in wondering why the Di Canio goal makes every list? That technique isn't anywhere near as impressive as Berkamp's.
  • Found this on youtube. The quality of the video isnt great unfortunately but blimey! What a goal!

Shaun Bartlett's wonder goal!
  • some one shoud tell the editor that Van Persie shoudn't have been on the pitch at the time - ref bottled giving him a second yellow!!!!!!!!! ho. hum.
  • edited December 2009
    Very true. The more I think of that goal the more I remember about the match. We were all over Arsenal in the first half and yes, I also remember ranting to half my family (Arsenal fans unfortunately) about how the "Dutch rapist" was lucky to still be walking the streets at night in search of a new victim let alone be on a football pitch scoring goals. Not that I was angry or bitter at all.
  • Before looking at the list I thought Van Persie's goal against us would be there. Although he shouldn't have been on the pitch it was a stunning goal.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]What a player Bergkamp was.

Nice list, but am I alone in wondering why the Di Canio goal makes every list? That technique isn't anywhere near as impressive as Berkamp's.[/quote]
    Maybe I'm biased but when you factor in the pass and vision I rate Bartlett's higher.

Surprised that Henry's turn and lob over Barthez didn't make the list.
  • What about Eric Edman's goal for Spurs against Liverpool at Anfield? see here

What about Kanoute's stunning volley for Spurs against Everton at WHL? see here
  • What about that Patrick Berger goal for Pompey at the Valley ??????
  • edited December 2009
    I'm surprised the Steven Reid goal doesn't get talked about more. Probably the hardest I've ever seen anyone strike a football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om2r1fRd_CQ
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]What about Eric Edman's goal for Spurs against Liverpool at Anfield?see here

What about Kanoute's stunning volley for Spurs against Everton at WHL?see here

Both crap