Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sexting

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
I watched a little bit of a programme about the 'noughties' and how the world changed blah, blah

One thing that has definitely changed is the way we communicate, I mean just over ten years ago if you were going out to meet a mate you agreed where and when and you made sure you were there. In the last decade mobile comms have changed everything and everyones (maybe leave aside a few cavemen) social behaviour.

Texting and text speak is now (disgustingly) commonly used in everyday written communication like proper emails and letters etc. By proxy I have learned to understand it. Then you have the facebook/myspace on mobiles thing where someone can be in the pub and tell the world how they have just had a banging dump/won the jackie on the fruit machine/downed a beer/fallen over etc etc.

By far though has been the phenomenon of sending explicit images to members of the opposite sex (or same sex depending on how you sway) and I have to say it is something that can really open the eyes.

What I want to know is who out of you degenerates partakes in this and/or what do you make of this mobile communication revelation, because I now think it as normal behaviour and maybe another step in the flirting dance. Could be down to the sort of women I meet though.

Comments

• lol interesting thread just out of interest how old r u carter :-)

i dont speak thankfully how i text or how i write on this board, equally for work i wont send out a letter like it either as it is not professional but is quick and most of the time easy to understand thats y i use it sumtimes on dis forum ( just giving an example )

Sexting i have done before on a couple of times when drunk and found out the next morning too my suprise, didnt go down too bad and can still look at the females and have a normal conversation but not a good idea for anyone who is trying it and not in a relationship with the other perosn

facebook, bit addicted tbh but all the others i dont bother e.g twiiter, myspace & so on

Your right it has changed the way we communicate, well not in front of my eyes but so i hear. but i can imagine although we have got a bit lazier at least ppl are more likely to update you wen running late etc so does have its plus's
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i dont speak thankfully how i text or how i write on this board, equally for work i wont send out a letter like it either as it is not professional but is quick and most of the time easy to understand thats y i use it sumtimes on dis forum ( just giving an example )

How about you have a little respect for everyone else who reads the board and put a bit of effort into typing.

Reading drivel like that is pretty painfull.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i dont speak thankfully how i text or how i write on this board, equally for work i wont send out a letter like it either as it is not professional but is quick and most of the time easy to understand thats y i use it sumtimes on dis forum ( just giving an example )

How about you have a little respect for everyone else who reads the board and put a bit of effort into typing.

Just did the old alta vista favourite: English to Italian and back to English: might make more sense -

interesting thread of lol hardly from old interest like r u Carter: -) I do not speak recognizing like the text about or as I write on this edge, for job I will not send a letter equally l' or l' other since is not professional but they are quickly and generally easy to understand that or y I use it the sumtimes on the tribune of DIS (that he supplies an example) Sexting hardly has made before on a once drunk brace of times and discovery the next morning equally my surprise, is not come down equally Badly and can still examine the females and to have a normal conversation but not a good idea for that is trying it and not in a relationship with l' other perosn facebook, tbh employee of the tip but all the others not troublesome as an example the twiiter, & of the myspace; thus via your right it has changed the sense that we communicate, that we gush not in front of my eyes but so as to I feel. but I can imagine even if we have a little that at least the ppl lazier he is more probable to modernize it wen the operation etc delayed so as to I have relative plus' s
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i dont speak thankfully how i text or how i write on this board, equally for work i wont send out a letter like it either as it is not professional but is quick and most of the time easy to understand thats y i use it sumtimes on dis forum ( just giving an example )

I'll give you the sarcasm benefit of the doubt on 'painful'
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

I'll give you the sarcasm benefit of the doubt on 'painful'

A simple mistake and a total lack of effort are two very different things. innit ;-)
  • Hmmm, I guess the thing about txtspk is that it's easy to write and hard to read. That's a cultural thing and to do with the way we read words. In future generations, no doubt, people will be able to read txtspk as easily as proper spellings. That wouldn't be such a bad thing either. But not this generation. I like abbreviations tbh but not misspellings, unless in texts where there's not much space.

As for sexting, thankfully no I've never done it, and that's because I'm a real man and can handle my drink.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

hell mate! i did deliberately spell like that for the purpose of that post, i still do sometimes but as i said sometimes if its quicker then i will do it. its not about respect in anyway, i will do it if its easy to understand and if someone doesnt like it they dont have to read it christ!
  • First little dust up of the morning!

Sry, mn 1st ltl dst up da mrnng

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]First little dust up of the morning!

;o)

lol see i dont write literally like that, my mate texts worse then that so have to call him as cant even understand it, but nice effort oggy i just about got that ;-P
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]First little dust up of the morning!

;o)

lol see i dont write literally like that, my mate texts worse then that so have to call him as cant even understand it, but nice effort oggy i just about got that ;-P

Sorry, Johnny ...... just my attempt at a little humour.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]First little dust up of the morning!

;o)

Sorry, Johnny ...... just my attempt at a little humour.

;o)

i know ;o)
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i dont speak thankfully how i text or how i write on this board, equally for work i wont send out a letter like it either as it is not professional but is quick and most of the time easy to understand thats y i use it sumtimes on dis forum ( just giving an example )

Just goes to show how lazy all this technology is making us these days.Whether it being bothered to get off your arse to chat a bird up,venturing out of your front door to go and put a few things in a trolley at your local supermarket,your kids rounding their mates up for a kickaround in the park....the list is endless.It'll end in tears i tell ya!
  • I cant imagine calling a birds house phone to arrange a date or simply do abit of flirting!!....then her old man answers the phone.

How the hell could you talk dirty to her when the house phone is in the front room and your mum and dad are sitting there watching Heartbeat!
  • Haven't partaken in sexting but have seen a couple of pics and have to say I am wholeheartedly in favour of it if the circumstances are right (ie she's fit, and legal - in that order)

Never would I send a pic of my old chap to my wife. Not because I don't trust her - but because "big brother" is watching
  • I hate text speak with a passion and when typing a text will type words such as you and are etc rather than the appreciations. I was pretty convinced that I've never used text talk until recently when I logged on to ebay on a new machine that it didn't recongise and it asked a security question, I must have been 14 or 15 when I set it up so the question of 'which team finsihed bottom on yr 1st season of champhsip manger?' was one that I couldn't answer! Bollocks, I had a blue star or something on that account!

As for Sexting, that can be very dangerous if you've had a few too many and go to the trough instead of the cubicle, especially as modern phones now flashes on them!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Haven't partaken in sexting but have seen a couple of pics and have to say I am wholeheartedly in favour of it if the circumstances are right (ie she's fit, and legal - in that order)
    Swis, you might want to reconsider your priorities on that one - is it really worth ending up on the sex offenders register for?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]First little dust up of the morning!

;o)

It was last night still for me ;-)
  • I'm a sexting slag.

Well used to be ;-)
  • Sending explicit pics of yourself to others can end up causing you acute embarassment as David Nugent found out....and it's not very classy, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd never do anything like that drunk, in fact I think mobile phones should have breathalyzers on them to stop people using them whilst under the influence.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'd never do anything like that drunk

I have two words for you:

Sky. Remote.

;-)
    edited January 2010
    Is it not just a case of using the right method of speach for the right situation. For example i can let certain things slip out at Football (My SE London background coming out) that i wouldnt at work or when talking to clients. Anyone who cannot tailor the way they talk to the type of person they are with at the time just needs a reality check i spose.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'd never do anything like that drunk, in fact I think mobile phones should have breathalyzers on them to stop people using them whilst under the influence.

thats a very good call, i dread checking my sent messages the morning after a heavy night!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Is it not just a case of using the right method of speach for the right situation. For example i can let certain things slip out at Football (My SE London background coming out) that i wouldnt at work or when talking to clients. Anyone who cannot tailor the way they talk to the type of person they are with at the time just needs a reality check i spose.

If you can put in the effort to type properly at work, why do the users of this board not deserve that level of respect as well?
  • edited January 2010
    Old school, me ... so you can probably imagine my views on texting, sexting, Facebook, Fezbook (a great site where you can make friends with loads of Moroccans) and Twitter etc.

Answer me this, all you young people .... you speak of 'effort' and 'saving time' and 'it's quicker' with all of this txtspk ...
    so watcha gonna do with all that saved time, all that saved effort?

Mmm .. thought so.

Are our lives all so important, with every second filled with 'life and death' moments, that we have to look for shortcuts at every opportunity?

Bring back National Service, I say ... whatever that is.