Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letter related question , help please!

Is it too late to put happy new year on a letter, basically for work i did put may i take this opportunity to wish you a happy new year

yes i am bored btw another reason why thought to be on here, but any suggestions should i still put it?

Comments

• Options
    lol for now i will keep putting, i think till mid january at least anyone else help?
  • Options
    June 30th.
    From July 1st its "Happy Christmas".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]June 30th.
    From July 1st its "Happy Christmas".

lol thanks... i suppose
  • Options
    Tesco's in Bickley selling Easter Eggs today.

So Happy Easter is the correct form to use.
  • Options
    i dont know why i bother sometimes :-)

so no serious answers then? just im not very good at writing letters and 2 people i usually ask are not in and need to get them out today :-(

tbh i half expected some funny responses
  • Options
    If in doubt just stick to

"Yours sincerely" if you are writing to a named person or "Yours faithfully" if not in a business letter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tesco's in Bickley selling Easter Eggs today.

I think they have them labelled as 'treasure eggs'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tesco's in Bickley selling Easter Eggs today.

I think they have them labelled as 'treasure eggs'

And the chocolate bunnies?
  • Options
    Changing Subjects:
    What have Eggs,Chocolate & Bunnies got to do with Easter ?
  • Options
    I am certainly still wishing Happy New Year to people that I meet that I haven't yet seen in 2010. I wouldn't think anything of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Changing Subjects:
    What have Eggs,Chocolate & Bunnies got to do with Easter ?

Eggs represent the boulder that Jesus' body was put behind before he was resurected in suspisious circumstances
    Chocolate is to do with the end of lent or something like that
    And bunnies are to do with it being spring-time

I think that's all basically correct!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]I am certainly still wishing Happy New Year to people that I meet that I haven't yet seen in 2010. I wouldn't think anything of it.

lol glad we got one sensible answer here, so i will continue then as no objections! maybe mid jan eg. next week may stop putting as will be a bit too much
  • Options
    Just pretend you're Chinese, their New Year doesn't start until February the 14th...