Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

bellamy's people

nothing to do with craig.

it's a new whitehouse/higson series on tonight 10.00 BBC2.
the tv critics choice in my paper. anyone else read/heard reviews for it?

Comments

• Nope - but will be watching it now for sure - thanks for the tip PBS!
  • Good write up in Sunday Times
  • Was one of the last things I worked on before I got made redundant, its a tv version of the award wining 'down the line' which paul and charlie wrote. Its gona be interesting to see how it translates to tv. Going to be a slightly mader version of 'help' which paul and convicted nonce ******** did a few years ago with paul and charlie and a few women playing various real life characters. Down the line was top draw a real piss take of talk sport with biggoted ideas and such and the host being a real jeremy kyle john gaunt esque figure.
  • Was that the radio show? If so it was very good and a great piss take of talk sport/five live etc

whose the nonce?

and how's the new job going?
  • They guy who was in the thick of it, can't remeber his name.. down the line was on radio 4 and won bags of awards got loads on cd at home. Job is going well as can be expected, as I said this time last year I was in contract talks with the bbc over this show, now I'm a premises manager in a school in charlton.... how life can turn, but not in a bad bad way would rather still be a media boy, but get to spend more time with ben who was 1 yesterday by the way!!! And I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks!! So can't be to bad.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]They guy who was in the thick of it, can't remeber his name.. down the line was on radio 4 and won bags of awards got loads on cd at home. Job is going well as can be expected, as I said this time last year I was in contract talks with the bbc over this show, now I'm a premises manager in a school in charlton.... how life can turn, but not in a bad bad way would rather still be a media boy, but get to spend more time with ben who was 1 yesterday by the way!!! And I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks!! So can't be to bad.

Happy Birthday to my namesake. Great age.

Must all that hard work. Careful you don't fade away : - )
  • No chance of that still a long way way to go till I'm at my fighting weight. Cheers h, for the record little ben got a lovely cardigan from his nanny...
  • The radio show was great , so I shall be watching this later. It's got good reviews already as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]They guy who was in the thick of it, can't remeber his name..

Chris Langham.
  • Fell asleep after ten minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]They guy who was in the thick of it, can't remeber his name..

Chris Langham.

In the original series of NOT THE NINE O'CLOCK NEWS but then most of you are too young to remember that.

I watched Bellamy's People and it had some good moments. Especially seeing Simon Day as the husband of Bellamy's obsessed fan and also as the hard case just released from prison. Mr Khan the Community Leader was funny too.
    What do you do as a Community Leader Mr Kahn?
    Well I led the community.
  • i am a fan of higson and whitehouse but i hardly laughed. maybe it'll grow on me?
  • Had it on in the background, I liked it though it worked quite well. The homosex man on down the line used to have me cracking up every time.
  • Turned over after 10/15 minutes.

Didn't laugh once.

The radio show was funny because of the interaction of the callers with the hosts. This was just caricatures and no wit. Bellamy was what made it funny but he was in the background.

They did get the banality of the fat guy spot on mind.
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]i am a fan of higson and whitehouse but i hardly laughed. maybe it'll grow on me?

If it grew on me I'd cut it off.
  • Watched it last night but didn't realise that it was a comedy until I saw Simon Day! I liked the fat man from Essex who had loads of computer and still lived at home and the plasterer character played by Paul Whitehouse. Some of the characters, like the twins and the old man weren't the slightest bit funny.
  • Thought this had some funny bits.

The black guy who made Bellamy take his shoes off was pretty funny. ''Its a black Lion bredda''

Mr Khan was the funniest character. ''I Mr Khan, community leader......ahhhhh she knows me, they all know me''.

Ive seen worse on the BBC.