Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I cannot understand this...

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
So You Tube remove the Hartlepool video after a complaint by the FL, however all the others remain active despite the fact they all have audio but they picked on that one for some reason.

Now they have removed a non football related video I had on there. At Christmas I produced a 2 part film of the Scottish Highlands, they have this morning removed part 2 because it has music in it by WMG. However Part 1 also has music by WMG but that is allowed!!!

Also the Leyton Orient video has music owned by WMG but that has not flagged up, instead what they have done is advertise the fact that viewers can buy the track.

So in some cases it seems that You Tube will sell WMG's music and make a cut but in other cases it is removed.

Baffled????? Me too. It all seems very unclear and contentious

Is there no room in this world for creativity and fun anymore

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: you tube cafc[/cite]Is there no room in this world for creativity and fun anymore

Not at the expense of profit
  • Whos making a profit?

I dont earn a penny form any of this. I spend hours of my free time creating stuff with no vision or intention of making money because i enjoy doing it and have a passion for the football club and for video editing. Im prepared to spend my time creating stuff that others get enjoyment from i get pleasure from that!
  • edited January 2010
    If you meant at the expense of WMG's profit then how is that anyway? Iv lost count of the amount of times iv been asked "whats this song" on a film iv made, particularly stuff by Enya and Hans Zimmer on the scenic videos. If its on the internet and im telling people what the music is then thats going to make WMG money not cost them money.

If its removed from the net then that would cost them money, however if i was making money from it then i would understand but im not so what is their problem?
  • [cite]Posted By: you tube cafc[/cite]Whos making a profit?

I dont earn a penny form any of this. I spend hours of my free time creating stuff with no vision or intention of making money because i enjoy doing it and have a passion for the football club and for video editing. Im prepared to spend my time creating stuff that others get enjoyment from i get pleasure from that!

Have you tried emailing them? maybe worth seeing what you can & cant put for next time? save the wasted effort, if not maybe read terms & conditions

Is a bit harsh them deleting them, but copyright issues they have too. sometimes others haven't been flagged thats why they haven't been removed? maybe i dunno
  • As you'll know, You Tube are a mega bucks business, owned by Google.

They provide a free platform for video, etc ...... but they make their money from advertising and royalties.
    [cite]Posted By: you tube cafc[/cite]Also the Leyton Orient video has music owned by WMG but that has not flagged up, instead what they have done is advertise the fact that viewers can buy the track.

And as it's their platform, they call the shots.
    That's the way it is.
  • Yeah tried that but of course they are far too big to have time to answer the people who are out there promoting their site.
  • edited January 2010
    Gelan's a bit of a legal eagle and will hopefully be able to explain all the irregularities when we see you tomorrow...there is nothing straight forward about copyright.
    Rebeka
  • Im not disputing the fact its their platform..I just cant understand the inconsistancies in their decisions, such as they will allow and make money from something with WMG copyright content but will remove an identical project with WMG copyright content.

As i said, if the project is on the net then its highlighting WMG's music and making them money. If its removed then that a loss of potential interest in the music.
  • [cite]Posted By: you tube cafc[/cite]Yeah tried that but of course they are far too big to have time to answer the people who are out there promoting their site.

When did you email them? Im guessing due to how big a company they are and how many enquiries they have probably looking at up to 7 days for a response
  • I don't think it's down to You Tube. They have software that automatically tries to identify music and place the advert in to sell it to the viewer. Content is taken down at the request of the copyright owner, so WMG have requested those videos be removed and You Tube has complied. There is a process available via You Tube to get those videos reinstated, but as you've already admitted that they use music owned by WMG then that process won't be open to you (in America it might be as if the clips are sufficiently short you could claim fair use, but there is no fair use provision in UK law).
  • Sponsored links:

• Here's where the inconsistencies come in: Google doesn't give a monkies what you put on YouTube, so long as you get eyeballs in front of their pages. It's the copyright holders that care. Google responds to their complaints. If the holders find one video with their content, but not another, Google's only going to pull the one. They haven't the time or inclination to scour content so as to be consistent. It's up to the content owners to protect their interests (according to Google).
  • Have you tried writing your own music...?
  • Choice, I've never known anyone change their username so often!
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Choice, I've never known anyone change their username so often!

lol didnt even realise it changed, yeah mate pick one and keep it!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Have you tried writing your own music...?

Rebeka will do you a song, choice.
    She also says she's got loads of music friends.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Choice, I've never known anyone change their username so often![/quote]

yeah i know lol..well since the new fb group started im sticking to this one now..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Have you tried writing your own music...?[/quote]

She also says she's got loads of music friends.[/quote]

I havnt got time to write my own music as well as edit the vids, im pushing my wife to the limit as it is with all this anyway lol
    Im gonna have a search for future royalty free instrumental stuff in future, fly as low under the f***ing radar as possible from now on with this
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Have you tried writing your own music...?

She also says she's got loads of music friends.

I havnt got time to write my own music as well as edit the vids, im pushing my wife to the limit as it is with all this anyway lol
    Im gonna have a search for future royalty free instrumental stuff in future, fly as low under the f***ing radar as possible from now on with this

That's all fair enough, mate.

But what I meant, is talk to a few talented and connected people, like Rebeka.

It might lead exactly where you want - and might help her and her friends too.
    Win-win.

;o)
  • Im gonna have a search for future royalty free instrumental stuff in future, fly as low under the f***ing radar as possible from now on with this

Take the Andrew Lloyd-Webber approach and rip off long dead classical musicians - and then pass it off as your work, that should save you some time thinking about what to compose.
  • edited January 2010
    Cheers Oggy, there are some ideas and things in the pipeline at the moment that i cant say too much about right now but thats a good shout and has been noted!! Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers, Choice. Best of luck, always watch your vid, great concept.
  • As has been stated, best way to avoid legal repercussions is not to breach copyright laws. Use non-copyright 'library' music (plenty of it available). WMG will tend to take a different view of your method of 'publicising' their copyrights.
    You could also join PRS and PPL ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]As you'll know, You Tube are a mega bucks business, owned by Google.

They provide a free platform for video, etc ...... but they make their money from advertising and royalties.

[quote][cite]Posted By: you tube cafc[/cite]Also the Leyton Orient video has music owned by WMG but that has not flagged up, instead[i][b]what they have done is advertise the fact that viewers can buy the track[/b].
    [/i]
    [/quote]

Sorry to be a pedant but You Tube are absolutely NOT a megabucks business, they are nowhere near making a profit because they can't work out how to make people pay for any of the content on the site and the advertising market is not there for UGC content.

And as it's their platform, they call the shots.
    That's the way it is.[/quote]