Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-Offs?

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
I'm going to break with tradition and start a thread. With it looking as though our promotion aspirations will lie in the lottery of the play-offs, would you have been content with that at the beginning of the season?

Call me a pessimist but if somebody had offered us a play-off place in August I'd have bitten there hand off.

Comments

• This is what some people were saying before the season started...Link...
  • I would love to go up through the play offs, was only 12 last time. But i would only like to finish in the play offs with a guarantee that we would win it
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I would love to go up through the play offs, was only 12 last time. But i would only like to finish in the play offs with a guarantee that we would win it

Seconded!
  • Looks like thats where we are headed (at best). Better than nothing but mega nightmare if we don't make it via that route.
  • I wouldn't say at best. We'd have to cock up majorly to end up outside the play-offs, and if we put a run on of 4-5 wins we could be sitting pretty in the top 2 again!
  • i would have bitten your hands off for a play off spot b4 the season started based on the fear of losing bailey , shelvey and one or two others but having kept some of our better players and having seen some of the shite pub team like opposition in this division we will never have a better chance of going up than this season (unless some stupid crazy person wants to burn some money on us) ......
    play off lottery time it is !
    as long as we don't play millwall we may have a chance
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I wouldn't say at best. We'd have to cock up majorly to end up outside the play-offs, and if we put a run on of 4-5 wins we could be sitting pretty in the top 2 again!

Certainly hope you are right! Can't believe how badly we have fallen away since Christmas.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]as long as we don't play millwall we may have a chance

Or Southampton.

Or Colchester

Or Huddersfield

;o)