Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall Away

edited January 2010 in Match Day Travel
Anybody know how many tickets we have sold for this? And how many we have sold for Bristol Rovers (now that many have probably been taken back following the change of date!)

Comments

• me and the sheffield contingent of cafc (two of us) are making the trip for this one
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]me and the sheffield contingent of cafc (two of us) are making the trip for this one

Are you driving or going by public transport? Either way, I think you might be able to help. I'm in Nottingham, and the way I see it, I can't go without having an all-night wait in Birmingham (in this weather, that'll be a no) on the way back. A lift to/from junction 25 on the M1 would be fantastic, or a way of getting back by public transport would be just as good.
  • We are going by train mate.

You can get back to Nottingham afterwards by train.

21.44 Bescot Stadium to Birmingham New Street arr. 22.09

23.09 BNS to Nottingham arrives 0.18

The return looks tight but it's a 19.45 KO and the station is literally right behind the away end, we're getting the same train back into Birmingham and the same train east (but staying on to change at Derby and then onto Sheffield from there)... may have to leave promptly but don't imagine there being any disasters...
  • Ah OK cool. I made the mistake of not bothering to find out anything about the ground, so was looking for trains to and from Walsall station. Thanks a million
  • No worries IA, I suppose I had the advantage of doing a reccy of the ground and local area on the 2nd Jan... might see you on the train then pal.
  • Yeah, might do. (Y)
  • any ideas how many we've sold airman?
  • 390 by this morning.

An emotional appeal... Walsall is 2 hours drive... you can be in bed fast asleep by midnight... even if only 10% of you is tempted, make the trip up, this game is crucial and we need to really get behind the team now more than ever with two probably harder away games following...
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]390 by this morning.

An emotional appeal... Walsall is 2 hours drive... you can be in bed fast asleep by midnight... even if only 10% of you is tempted, make the trip up, this game is crucial and we need to really get behind the team now more than ever with two probably harder away games following...

Well said. Hopefully get further than Watford Gap this time.
  • the car park is lovely as well, plenty of room for three point turns and well placed for an impromptu visit of birmingham
  • Sponsored links:

• i'm going and i'm taking a mate who isn't a charlton fan so i would be grateful if as many people as possible could turn up to try and avoid making our away support look too embarassing....!
  • would love to get to this one but have no chance as dont finish work till 8!
  • Where we meeting then guys? Any pubs or clubs we no of?
  • Think there's a Social right next to the ground.
  • Social by the ground is £1 in

The King George V on Wallowes Lane 15 min walk opposite Morrisons
  • Wahay ! Didn't think I was going to be able to get away.

See you all in the social.

Anyone still unsure, jump in the motor !
  • yes all you true supporters and get up there and booooo!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Wahay ! Didn't think I was going to be able to get away.

See you all in the social.

Anyone still unsure, jump in the motor !

Cant buy tickets on the gate though?
  • better be able to, i haven't got one !
  • £20 on the door
  • Sponsored links:

• Just leaving the stow now common you reds