Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is it just me or is the site is very slow today?

edited February 2010 in Troubleshooting
Is it anything to do with the statistics that now appear on the left. Are those statistics being retrieved (by searching the database) everytime anybody logs on?

Comments

• Yes Red it's slow today and it bombed out altogether a few minutes back...they'll fix it soon enough I assume.
  • What statistics ?
  • Only just been able to get on
  • The 'Top Posting users', most discussions started, and most visits statistics. Maybe they have always been there but I have only just noticed them!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]The 'Top Posting users', most discussions started, and most visits statistics. Maybe they have always been there but I have only just noticed them!

Where are they then? i haven't ever seen them! and yes this site is SLoooow today
  • I can't see no statstics
  • I see them now, on main discussion page underneath the users! have they always been there? lol

Im guessing id be near the top for the short space of time i have been on this site if they did by that :oP
  • Just seen the stats

over 1000 discussions started by me. I wonder how many were a) top fives b) quizzes c) about Bromley Addicks d) ended up in a row? : - )

And getting very close to half a million unique guests as well.

Who'd have thought that when I introduced AFKA to Lookie and suggested that they combine their ideas for a new fanzine and a new website it would come to this ha ha : - )

Seriously well done guys, amazing stats and still the best Charlton site (even if you have to wait for the OS to confirm sometimes)
  • Sorry about the slowness / crashes etc. It seems to happen every year and the forum is in need of an overhaul / upgrade again.

We're both severely limited time wise at the moment, but we'll get plans in place soon to sort out the issues.

cheers for your patience.
  • Bart...as you're going to be giving the site an overhaul there's one thing I think many of us would like to see come about.
    Can a facility to take quotes from another page in a thread be introduced?
    I seem to remember this being discussed at some point in the recent past but being a total nerd re pooters and their funtion I was left unclear as to whether or not this would be possible?
    If it can be done I'm sure it would be well received.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boooo
  • No disrespect meant but aren't those stats a bit pointless given that it will inevitably be "the management" who are on here the most etc...?

Or is it just another way of reinforcing the CL clique ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]No disrespect meant but aren't those stats a bit pointless given that it will inevitably be "the management" who are on here the most etc...?

Don't think they are meant to be there, when the forum has a wobbly it loses its coding a little and somethings that are meant to be in the background, get bumped forward
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]No disrespect meant but aren't those stats a bit pointless given that it will inevitably be "the management" who are on here the most etc...?

Don't think they are meant to be there, when the forum has a wobbly it loses its coding a little and somethings that are meant to be in the background, get bumped forward

Im assuming thats what happens with these polls? as they are all last seasons, maybe on the new one have a more relevant poll, dont revamp the site though as i like it the way it is! yes update it but keep the core of it and the format plzzz :o)
  • is it just me or is the site quicker today?
  • I was getting that error message for ages but all seems good now. I thought there might have been a takeover and the site crashed!
  • Think it was because Basey was running the site yesterday, hence the slowness.