Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Site Crashes.

edited February 2010 in Troubleshooting
After back to back crashes on a Saturday, can I ask if admin have given any thought to making the forum pages members only? An awful lot of other fans sites do it. Dont even know if it is technically possible with this set up.

Not a criticism. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• we know mate, can assure you it upsets us ten times more than everyone else.

We'll do everything we can in the short-term to try and improve performance before our next big upgrade. History has taught us then when small things start to go wrong, it has a knock on effect.

On the specific 'members only' point, with our platform i'm not sure it would have any major difference is the honest answer.

Apologies once again.
  • I don't thinkyou should beat yourself up about this...it is an excellent free site, if things can get better without anybody being out of pocket then good, otherwise it's one of those things.
  • If it wasn't a good site and one that everyone wants to visit then it wouldn't crash. So for that reason no apolgies needed keep up the good work
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I don't thinkyou should beat yourself up about this...it is an excellent free site, if things can get better without anybody being out of pocket then good, otherwise it's one of those things.

I suspect this site already leaves afka/looky a fair bit out of pocket.
  • whether it does or doesn't when it does go tits up you dont expect your leader to be standing on 3 boxes propping up the bar in the albany !!!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    .......you dont expect your leader to be standing on 3 boxes propping up the bar in the albany !!!!!!!!!!!

It's the only way he can convince the Landlord he's old enough to drink?

;o)
  • ever thought about selling some advertising space somewhere? The site gets enough hits id have thought?