Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Megatrain

edited February 2010 in Match Day Travel
Has anyone used this? They're offering return tickets for £2, London to Southampton. It seems from their website they send reference numbers rather than an actual train ticket. Anything I should know of before using this? Cheers.

Comments

• I thought this when doing it [London to Southampton] but it genuinely is 2 quid!

You just print of a ref number and show it to the ticket inspector and that's that.
  • I've used them and their sister company megabusplus a few times to get from hull > london, it is dirt cheap, no tickets just the ref number and your away. Never had a problem with late coaches or anything (wish I could say the same for NationalExpress!!!)

The megaplus bus is amazing, its half coach half train at dirt cheap prices.
  • Great! Don't think the Saints game will be moved, but if it is, can't moan about £2.
  • It's awesome. Just write down the reference code and show it to the people at the train station and then again to the inspector.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]The megaplus bus is amazing, its half coach half train at dirt cheap prices.

Lay off the crack, man
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]The megaplus bus is amazing, itshalf coach half trainat dirt cheap prices.

Lay off the crack, man

He can't - he gets it dirt cheap
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]The megaplus bus is amazing, itshalf coach half trainat dirt cheap prices.

Lay off the crack, man

Half the journey is by coach, the other half is by train! It's not rocket science Medders!!!
  • I can't get anything up on megabus for the day we are down at southampton EGA, did you get the last one?!
  • just look on swts website
  • Haven't ordered yet, as waiting on numbers needed, but there looks like loads of trains down there, might have to get an earlier one ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• used get megabuss from shef/leeds back to london, used to be just a quid if booked early enough!!! Bizarely a better class of people than national express, mainly cos its just students usually on them - well few yrs back that was the way
  • I've used it to go to Southampton by train from Waterloo and absolutely no problems! Its just an ordinary service but Megabus have an agreement with Southern trains. If you look on nationalrail website you can see the same tickets being sold for upwards of £30 each way! When I used it the ticket inspector couldn't believe I'd only paid £1, at which point I got a few jealous stares back! ha
  • So how exactly do Megabus/megatrain make a profit if their tickets are a quid?!
  • They sell cups of tea for £18.50 and wagon wheels for £36.99.
  • I've used it a few times too on the southampton route, quality deal was paying £34 before i found out about it
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][div class=CommentHeader][span]quote# 14[/span][/div][div id=CommentBody_640896 class=CommentBody]So how exactly do Megabus/megatrain make a profit if their tickets are a quid?![/div]

Not all the seats are a £1, you need to get in early for those, the rest are still a decent price though.
  • Maybe it's so cheap because it's so shite! Been trying to order online all morning and haven't succeeded once. I have also tried all their alternative phone numbers via Say-No-to-0870 and those numbers are defunct, I then reluctantly rang the 60p/min 0900 number, after 5mins the telephone operator couldn't order the tickets because his system wasn't working! FFS
  • Never had a problem to be fair EG.