Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Inigo Calderon - another right back

edited July 2009 in Rumours
CHARLTON could be set to sign their second Spanish defender of the summer after entering the race for Alaves right-back Inigo Calderon.

The 27-year-old is out of contract at the Segunda Division outfit and is understood to be keen on a move to England.

But the Addicks face competition from Championship side Swansea, with their new manager Paulo Sousa known to be monitoring Calderon’s situation.

SLP

Interesting but I can imagine Richardson is more likely.

Here Parkinson said Rob Carter did well

I thought he did ok at best, not quite well. Is that the standard we're going to have to get used to?

Comments

• Know it's a lot easier said than done, but wouldn't we be better off going for players with some experience of the league we're going to be playing in - back to basics, and all that.

The settling in period etc for players coming to a new country is not something we can really afford, is it?
  • right backs are going to be this season's new central midfielders
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Know it's a lot easier said than done, but wouldn't we be better off going for players with some experience of the league we're going to be playing in - back to basics, and all that.

The settling in period etc for players coming to a new country is not something we can really afford, is it?

I agree although it's worth looking abroad if there is someone we think is very likely to settle. Though it's always a gamble.

Different level completely, but look at Wigan bringing in Valencia and Palacios. Ended up being very good players and selling them for a lot. There are good players abroad that could be signed quite cheaply, but as I said it's a gamble and you have to find the right ones.
  • This is the same one that played for Brighton on Tuesday wasn't it?
  • Not sure. I'm sure...... emma......at......bbc london.....live.....daily back to elliot...... and....... there.....could.....be a chance........theve scored.... said he was 18 or somthing so might not be the same one but then she said forrester had scored the first goal.