Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace remaining fixtures

It was nailed on that Notts Forest would beat them and it could get worse by sittuation as the pressure mounts.

Cardiff Home Cardiff a bit jekyll and hyde but hunting promotion. Tough game

Watford away Relegation six pointer

Middlesboro away Boro fighting their way back to play offs

Preston Home One of Palace's easier games but not if the pressure is mounting.

QPR Home Warnock comes back to kick them where it hurts

Derby C away Another defeat beckons Derby have good home form

WBA Home Not who you want to play if you need a win

Sheff Wed away The 2 way fight for survival that is if Palace aren't down by then.

Very interesting run in for our neighbours.

Comments

• Pretty tough run in for West Ham too, I think they will only survive due to the incompetence of the three below them. Of the local rivals it seems only Millwall have a relatively easy run in and could be next seasons top placed South of the river club.
  • I fully expected them to stay up even after losing the ten points but they seem to be on a bad run.

Started while Warnock was there but other then his first game has continued under Hart.

Also have a lot of injuries and another sending off. Squad seems down to the bare bones.

Still think they will sneak it last day.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I fully expected them to stay up even after losing the ten points but they seem to be on a bad run.

Started while Warnock was there but other then his first game has continued under Hart.

Also have a lot of injuries and another sending off. Squad seems down to the bare bones.

You say that - but I think it would be poetic if Luke Varney scored the goals for Sheff Weds on the final day that relegate Palace
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I fully expected them to stay up even after losing the ten points but they seem to be on a bad run.

You say that - but I think it would be poetic if Luke Varney scored the goals for Sheff Weds on the final day that relegate Palace

Varney scoring against Palace? No, it would never happen!
  • I cant see palace going down but the end of the season will be interesting in the champ its really close at the top and bottom. I hope they do go down and Ambrose cries and then comes crawling back to us as we go up through the playoffs lol (Dream on i here you say)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I cant see palace going down but the end of the season will be interesting in the champ its really close at the top and bottom. I hope they do go down and Ambrose cries and then comes crawling back to us as we go up through the playoffs lol (Dream on i here you say)

wouldn't have Ambrose back if we went up.

He'll be crap again next season
  • Looking at it they'd probably need to win 4 of their remaining 8 games to be safe so it's not looking too good at the moment.

Big game tonight, Sheff Weds v Watford. If Wednesday win, Palace will be 3 points adrift of Watford having played a game more and they go to Watford next week.
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I cant see palace going down but the end of the season will be interesting in the champ its really close at the top and bottom. I hope they do go down and Ambrose cries and then comes crawling back to us as we go up through the playoffs lol (Dream on i here you say)

I can't see him repeating this season again, at least not quite as many goals. Unless our midfield changes completely he wouldn't do it for us.
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I cant see palace going down but the end of the season will be interesting in the champ its really close at the top and bottom. I hope they do go down and Ambrose cries and then comes crawling back to us as we go up through the playoffs lol (Dream on i here you say)

You may have a point there my friend. Hes not as hot as he was before the admin situation. He seems to have gone a bit quiet but did he not score vs Blackpool at the weekend though?
  • A good friend of mine is a Palace season ticket holder and he's going though the mill with their predicament at the moment. For that, I hope Palace stay up.
    I know I'll probably be in the minority but I wouldn't wish releagtion to League 1 on anyone - including them.
  • Sponsored links:

• his poor run (1 goal in last 8 or 9 I believe) seems to have coincided with Warnock jumping ship
  • exactly the right coach/manager can get the best out of his players ..................
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]his poor run (1 goal in last 8 or 9 I believe) seems to have coincided with Warnock jumping ship

So we'd need Warnock to be the manager at Charlton, before we could sign Ambrose again .... ?
  • Does not look good for Palace but they are not a bad side and probably should have enough. Would not want to see Wednesday go down though.

As for West Ham, the only way they will go down imho is if Hull manage to win some games under Dowie. Therefore would people rather see West Ham go down or Dowie add another relegation to his CV?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]

As for West Ham, the only way they will go down imho is if Hull manage to win some games under Dowie. Therefore would people rather see West Ham go down or Dowie add another relegation to his CV?

Tough one. Either would be very enjoyable.

C'mon Burnley I say, send them both down
  • Would love to see Burnley stay up at the expense of Hull and West Ham, they need a miracle though. 1 point away all season and very difficult home games coming up againsy the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Man City.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite] As for West Ham, the only way they will go down imho is if Hull manage to win some games under Dowie. Therefore would people rather see West Ham go down or Dowie add another relegation to his CV?

Absolutely without a doubt i'd prefer West ham to go down!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Does not look good for Palace but they are not a bad side and probably should have enough. Would not want to see Wednesday go down though.

As for West Ham, the only way they will go down imho is if Hull manage to win some games under Dowie. Therefore would people rather see West Ham go down or Dowie add another relegation to his CV?[/quote]

You obviously weren't there when they beat us last game when we went down from the PL first time. Changed my opinion of Wednesday completely, hate em. They were more interested in taunting us than anything.
  • I actually meant I would not want Wednesday to go down more becuase of the fact they have a good manager and if they kept hold of their better players would be faves for promotion from League 1 along with Saints. Plymouth and Peterboro would not be so strong imho and Palace if relegated would have financial issues as well as the fact they would struggle to keep hold of Ambrose, Speroni etc

If we stay down, would be nice to think we have a shot at promotion next year.
  • I was just thinking it's a good job we don't have the original play-off system of bottom clubs of one league competing against top teams of the division below (like Charlton v Leeds in the '87 play-off final)...then it could have been a south London monopoly with us up against both Millwall and Palace!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Millwall could be next seasons top placed South of the river club.

It won't last!
  • This weekend:

Palace v Cardiff
    Watford v Middlesbrough
    Plymouth v Blackpool
    Coventry v Sheff Weds