Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Forster & Dave Mooney

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Is going to be a deadly partnership! I can just feel it. :)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Mooney gets so much stick but I really cant understand why, i think since he has been with us he has shown some cracking first touches, set up some very important goals and scored some screamers himself. Im not going to hide the fact he has missed some sitters but i cant understand all the stick!Get off his back boo boys, no doubt our thickle support will be booing Forster soon when he puts a shot wide of the post, when everybody else in the world knows he is a quality striker at this level.
    So cafc-4-life i bloody hope your right so Dave can shutup our fans for good!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Mooney gets so much stick but I really cant understand why, i think since he has been with us he has shown some cracking first touches, set up some very important goals and scored some screamers himself. Im not going to hide the fact he has missed some sitters but i cant understand all the stick!Get off his back boo boys, no doubt our thickle support will be booing Forster soon when he puts a shot wide of the post, when everybody else in the world knows he is a quality striker at this level.
    So cafc-4-life i bloody hope your right so Dave can shutup our fans for good!

tbh I was one of them, but he is just getting better and better and playing for the shirt! He is getting experience and with the right partner he will start playing well. Now with Forster at the club who has 16 goals this term and heaps of experience it can only rub on to Mooney and help him as a player!
  • Mooney earnt a lot of respect and attitude after his performance last Saturday. I think this will be a good partnership, as long as the supply is there from the midfield Forster will score goals for any team at this level
  • There's no doubting his vision and ability to find space but I think we'd all like to see just a bit more bottle. Players have different qualities and no-one can expect him to be Jorge Costa but there's never any excuse for stepping aside when faced with a reachable ball. Excellent goal v Gillingham - just be that bit braver please.
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Mooney earnt a lot of respect and attitude after his performance last Saturday. I think this will be a good partnership, as long as the supply is there from the midfield Forster will score goals for any team at this level

You are 100% right! No Bailey on the wing but proper wingers on the wing to whip the ball in for Forster and Mooney. If we have a strong midfield who works like Reid and Sam(waggy) on the wings and a good CM patnership of Bailey and Shelvey (or Semedo/Spring) then we can add balance and put our promotion push back on full speed!
  • I think we might have to wait a while to see this partnership in action. Just can't see us starting with 4-4-2 away to Huddersfield. Can see Mooney upfront on his own and then Forster coming on midway through 2nd half if we are losing.
  • I said after Saturday that Mooney combined with an intelligent striker could be very useful so I hope i'm right
  • Nicky forced a mooney

:)
  • forster is gonna have a jimmy melrose style impact on our promotion push!