Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does Gary Haines need a new compass?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
In last week's Valley Review the opening paragraph on his article about the opposition was: "It's almost 29 years since Gillingham last made the short journey north to The Valley". Last time I looked on a map Gillingham seemed to be pretty much east-southeast of Charlton. So they'd actually be travelling west-northwest. Perhaps best not to go orienteering with him then.

Comments

• ?...It's still in a northward direction fan.
    Don't know who's being more pedantic here, me or you......LOL!
  • edited March 2010
    No wonder teams call us anoraks!
  • Dowie needed a job in the north - so left SE25 for SE7.

Down here in Oggland, Plymouth Argyle supporters taunt Exeter fans: "You dirty Northern b*stards!"

Look ar the map, lol
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]In last week's Valley Review the opening paragraph on his article about the opposition was: "It's almost 29 years since Gillingham last made the short journey north to The Valley". Last time I looked on a map Gillingham seemed to be pretty much east-southeast of Charlton. So they'd actually be travelling west-northwest. Perhaps best not to go orienteering with him then.

I'm with you.

However, in fairness to Gary, people do refer to the A2/M2 as Southbound / Northbound even on the radio travel news which is irritating to one who uses the road all the time and knows that it is Eastbound / Westbound!

Hardly surprising really in the circumstances that he made the mistake if he is not local by birth or upbringing.
  • What's the problem?

Aren't we supposed to be an East London club?
  • Gary's a good lad!! Even if he is a Wet Spam supporting Essex boy who likes his Kit Kats!

(Fame at last eh Gary - your own thread on Charlton Life!)
  • What would have been correct is: Short journey to the Valley...simples!
  • dave. The original poster is probably gary himself. Got to amuse himself on train journey up north. I think huddersfield is north?
  • Do you know the Hornby "00" model railway?
    Yes.
    Have you got an R186 signal box.
    Yes, I've got one here.

That's this thread that is.
  • It's known as the 'Dowie North'...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Do you know the Hornby "00" model railway?
    Yes.
    Have you got an R186 signal box.
    Yes, I've got one here.

That's this thread that is.
    Well that kid certainly wasn't a Charlton fan coz everyone knows the Hornby R186 was actaully a J52 0-6-0ST Locomotive...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Well that kid certainly wasn't a Charlton fan coz everyone knows the Hornby R186 was actaully a J52 0-6-0ST Locomotive...

March 51 has seen the real engine!