Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

penalty taker/s

with our two top scores and penalty takers in burton and bailey out who would take any pen we got? Forster I'd guess.

But with play-offs a possibility which five would you like to see taking the spot kicks ala '98?

Comments

• burton, bailey, reid, forster,racon/shelvey

we used all our penalty luck up in 98 , so let's win it in or b4 extra time....
  • edited March 2010
    Anyone But Akpo! Would give me heartattack however if Eusebio is injured...

Robbie Elliot just to naff OohAah off :0))))
  • Burton
    Bailey
    Mooney
    Forster
    Shelvey
  • I am not sure if Mooney can kick the ball that far.

Burton
    Bailey
    Forster
    Shelvey
    Racon/Spring
  • Imagine the reaction on here if Mooney missed. "I've seen better strikers turn out for Welling"

If Bailey missed it would be "penalties are a lottery, unlucky Nicky, and Parky should have had us in the top 2 with our squad".
  • reckon llera can smack a ball.

Wagstaff can hit a free kick
  • Llera would crumble imho and would probably either hit a really weak effort or blaze it miles over.

Pity Basey is injured, I think he may have scored for the ressies from the spot.
    Semedo is techincally very good, would rather he takes one that others.
  • Burton
    Bailey
    Llera
    Racon
    Reid/Forster

I would say give JJ a pen, but as he isnt anywhere near the first team at the moment we cant be sure he would even play!
  • This is a very good question to ask any of the management team,

So next time one of the turns up as a guest at Bromley or North Kent Addicks Q & A public sessions,
    there's a decent question to ask them: who do they rate as the best 5 penalty takers in the club, etc?
  • Burton
    Bailey
    Racon
    Forster
    Reid
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Semedo is techincally very good, would rather he takes one that others.

he is the last player i would want to take one ... have you seen his "shots" on goal , beyond shocking , one of the worse strikers of a football i've ever seen play for charlton even akpo has a "cleaner" strike!
  • Bailey
    Forster
    Llera
    Reid/Racon/Youga
    Burton
  • was thinking this myself henry if we had got the last minute one at uddersfield. I hope it isn't mooney as all the knockers would be willing him to miss.
  • Burton
    Bailey
    Reid
    Racon
    Forster
    Shelvey
    Mooney
    Semedo
  • Going on the shooting in the warm ups at the valley, I really hope we don't need penalties
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]was thinking this myself henry if we had got the last minute one at uddersfield. I hope it isn't mooney as all the knockers would be willing him to miss.
    was thinking this myself steve if we had got the last minute one at uddersfield. I hope it isn't sam as all the knockers would be willing him to miss

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]burton, bailey, reid, forster,racon/shelvey

we used all our penalty luck up in 98 , so let's win it in or b4 extra time....

Very little to do with luck oohaah. Penalty taking is a skill and test of nerve. Back then we had players with enough of both and as I remember it all of ours we're virtually unsaveable. Unfortunately things have moved on and I wouldn't be at all confident in our current crop taking it to sudden death.

That said I'd go for the same 5 as yourself but chosing JJ over Racon if he was up for it on the day.
  • Shaun Newton
  • It's usually completely down to the players. Who ever volunteers takes one then the order is sorted out from there.

It's all down to confidence and form. IMO any professional football should be able to score from 12 yards. It's just who has the confidence at the time to do it.

I really couldn't see 5 players ever wanting to take one.

Bailey
    Burton
    Reid
    And would love to see Jonjo take one, he wouldn't miss.
    Who else?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dan C 4[/cite]It's usually completely down to the players. Who ever volunteers takes one then the order is sorted out from there.

It's all down to confidence and form. IMO any professional football should be able to score from 12 yards. It's just who has the confidence at the time to do it.

I really couldn't see 5 players ever wanting to take one.

Bailey
    Burton
    Reid
    And would love to see Jonjo take one, he wouldn't miss.
    Who else?!

Waggy I reckon would have a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Basey took a few in the u18s I think, not that he'd be fit to take one.