Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds game

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
From the official Leeds site, Our final League One away game of the season is at Charlton Athletic on Saturday May 1 (3pm) and below is the planned distribution policy for this game.
We will receive an allocation of approximately 3000 tickets for our visit to The Valley. After deducting the allocation for Away Season Ticket holders, the balance of tickets available will be 2550.

If we need to win to gain automatic promotion i was wondering if your ground is big enough to house the extra 10 to 15,000 extra Leeds fans who will travel down as they did at Bournemouth, i would hope they have the good sense to televise it if thats the case.

Comments

• They may travel up but I doubt they'll be getting in. You need to have a previous purchase history to be able to buy tickets for the Leeds game.
  • edited March 2010
    lol oaky liking your optimism for your team but they'll all have the chance to turn up against bristol rovers at home the week later ......

i've already got this fixture down as the day we draw/beat you to send millwall up and i will commit hari kari
  • And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.

Sky can do things last minute, and will.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh dear, why bring up Bournemouth.

No, you won't be given extra seats.

If we are still in the hunt then we might well sell a lot of the home seats regardless.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.[/quote]

have we? thought every play off game is to be televised?
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.

have we? thought every play off game is to be televised?

Sorry, I meant we'd had our full quota of league games - I presume the playoffs are not covered by this rule so they could be televised.
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.

Sky can do things last minute, and will.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but doesn't that mean we'd end up getting more TV money than other clubs, which isn't fair? Is it not split equally between all the clubs in League 1?
  • your be out of the bottom six by then oaky.
  • Still think the sensible option would be to bang it on the tv, after the way we played against Norwhich my hopes are back up again and was gutted to have lost. One thing for sure its going to be nip and tuck right to the very end with all the top teams having difficult fixtures before its finished, and im sure you would agree we were both shite against Millwall rather than them being a good side,
  • There has been some slight misinformation regarding the issue of live games in League One.

Clubs can have a maximum of three home league games shown on Sky in the regular season.

Charlton have so far had two - v Brentford and Leyton Orient - so one more is possible. No idea when Sky would have to inform the club.

Play-off matches do not count under these commercial rules, they only apply to the regular season.

MW
  • Sponsored links:

• agree there.
  • Hope you don't smash up Greenwich like you did at Bournemouth, 'celebrating' your promotion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oh dear, why bring up Bournemouth.
    What happened at Bournemouth?
  • won promotion there and basically ripped the town apart. set fire to the pier, smashed up shops etc...
  • A lot of hatred in Bournemouth for Leeds for what went on that weekend. Leeds were a disgrace.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Oh dear, why bring up Bournemouth.
    What happened at Bournemouth?

Dirty Leeds fans got a bit excited and smashed the granny out of the town. They are the reason no away games at seaside resorts when there is also a bank holiday.
  • Bournemouth were allowed to have bank holiday games again from 2003. Why they were punished for 13 years for what leeds fans did we'll never know.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]From the official Leeds site, Our final League One away game of the season is at Charlton Athletic on Saturday May 1 (3pm) and below is the planned distribution policy for this game.
    We will receive an allocation of approximately 3000 tickets for our visit to The Valley. After deducting the allocation for Away Season Ticket holders, the balance of tickets available will be 2550.

If we need to win to gain automatic promotion i was wondering if your ground is big enough to house the extra 10 to 15,000 extra Leeds fans who will travel down as they did at Bournemouth, i would hope they have the good sense to televise it if thats the case.

You'll be out of the top 6 by then, so although you will sell your allocation early doors, there won't be a mass invasion by the rest.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]From the official Leeds site, Our final League One away game of the season is at Charlton Athletic on Saturday May 1 (3pm) and below is the planned distribution policy for this game.

If we need to win to gain automatic promotion i was wondering if your ground is big enough to house the extra 10 to 15,000 extra Leeds fans who will travel down as they did at Bournemouth, i would hope they have the good sense to televise it if thats the case.[/quote]

You'll be out of the top 6 by then, so although you will sell your allocation early doors, there won't be a mass invasion by the rest.[/quote]
    That is a possibility but one i doubt very much and as i said after the Norwhich performance i am quietly confident, though must admit we have been shocking the last couple of months and even resorting to your tactics of booing the team off at half and full time LOL.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.

And so have Newcastle!
  • Sponsored links:

• The club will be well prepared for such event and have it locked down. Your need a season ticket / member with purchase history to get in the home end. For those that do, like some did at home to Millwall it's not really worth it, the North Upper had various flashpoints, bottles flying, even remember a metal crutch being lobbed at a group of supposed Millwall fans!
  • I reckon we should give Leeds the whole of the South and East Stands for this game. In fact, they're such a big club I think we should seriously consider giving them the North Stand as well. Would 18,000 tickets be enough for you Oaky, or should I use my connections at the club to see if I can get you some more?

Oh, by the way, there's a pier at Greenwich if you want to relive the "glory" days of Bournemouth. Not much of one mind you, and it's a bit of a walk from the ground, but I'm sure your splendid fans wouldn't let something like that spoil a good rampage.
  • Cheers for the explanation, and it's good to see Ollywozere admit that Leeds were out of order that day. I know of some fans who would still live off of that day. Luton away 1985 anyone?
  • Olly is an Addick.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I reckon we should give Leeds the whole of the South and East Stands for this game. In fact, they're such a big club I think we should seriously consider giving them the North Stand as well. Would 18,000 tickets be enough for you Oaky, or should I use my connections at the club to see if I can get you some more?

Oh, by the way, there's a pier at Greenwich if you want to relive the "glory" days of Bournemouth. Not much of one mind you, and it's a bit of a walk from the ground, but I'm sure your splendid fans wouldn't let something like that spoil a good rampage.[/quote]

No the South and East stands would be fine and as i said if we can be promoted on that day we would fill 18,000 seats no problem so why the sarcastic comment? I agree that we are not a big club on the football front just a 3rd division side the same as you but don't underestimate Leeds regarding the fan base that we have.
  • I won't be that happy if you're in my seat for the game. Could have another Stuwall situation on the cards ;)
  • Blimey, if you lot thought that the 100+ Millwall fans who turned up for our away game & tried getting in were scum and only there for trouble, you lot will be messing your trousers if 1000+ additional Leeds turn up and try to get in.
  • like you did at west ham away
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Blimey, if you lot thought that the 100+ Millwall fans who turned up for our away game & tried getting in were scum and only there for trouble, you lot will be messing your trousers if 1000+ additional Leeds turn up and try to get in.

Been to plenty of Leeds games in the Prem, no trouble.
  • I didn't realise that each team had a quota of televised matches per season. Since when has that been in force?