Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

booking with cheesyjet

have never used sid cheeswrights group rail deal before but am gonna for the huddersfield game.
i have phoned a few times but just get an answerphone message.
can someone tell me what method of payment i would need, and also does he post tickets out or do i have to collect them?
cheers

Comments

• edited March 2010
    when we went for the first time, met him by the West Stand at the home game beforehand, paid upfront in cash and you get the train tickets at the Station. Not sure what station it would be for Huddersfield, but met at top of escalator at Euston for Stockport. When you get through on phone, kae sure you have a pen and paper.

Its worth it though, got a good price on Stockport and Swindon train tickets.
  • He has to pay for the tickets "out of his own pocket", so he requires payment before he orders in bulk. I post him a cheque. You collect tickets at respective train station about 30 mins before departure.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite] When you get through on phone, kae sure you have a pen and paper.

just spoke to him.
    had pen and paper, wrote everything he told me.
    feel like i'm part of a military operation.

fair play to the bloke for organising.
  • He's certainly a character I'll give you that
  • well my first cheesyjet experience went smoothly.
    unfortunately it did not go to plan for syd.
    he got lost on the way back to huddersfield station and missed the train. just lucky that no ticket inspector was on the train as he had the ticket for all the group for that part of the journey.
    someone said he got a taxi to sheffield to catch us up.
  • thats hilarious!
  • That's why curbs wouldn't let him drive the team coach, many moons ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]he got lost on the way back to huddersfield station and missed the train.

you mean walking along that dead straight road, then turning right into another dead straight road for all of 15 minutes? oh dear!
  • Cheese cheese cheesyjet !
  • Has anyone whos going southampton away got a rough idea of the price i'd have to pay for one adult and one child on the train with this guy, ive never used him before.
  • Sponsored links:

• train strike when saints game is, doubt any will be running
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Has anyone whos going southampton away got a rough idea of the price i'd have to pay for one adult and one child on the train with this guy, ive never used him before.

The adult group discounted fare will be from £17.50 and £23 return, depending on the actual number of adult passengers who must travel together on both the outward (12.05) and return (18.00) trains. Accompanied U16s, one per adult, can travel for £1 return. The latest date for booking discounted rail fare tickets is 9.30pm on Tuesday, April 6th.
  • syd tells me that there are engineering works on the sat of the saints game and you are also advised to check with national rail.

Also syd says he didn't get lost in huddersfield he was checking times in case of a possible play off game and so missed the train.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Also syd says he didn't get lost in huddersfield he was checking times in case of a possible play off game and so missed the train.

Was on the train (Huddersfield - Wakefield) myself, across the aisle from a guy who's dad was apparently with Syd, who clearly said they'd got lost. But as PBS said, we got to Sheffield without having to produce so no harm done.
  • syd told me personally that he wasn't lost.
  • who ran the trains in the mid to late 80's a lot younger than sid,another Charlton legend who sorted us youngsters out.Last saw him at boro away in the cup 1/4 final
  • The guy who ran the trains in the 80s - got a feeling his name was George but can't remember his surname.
  • IAIA
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]he got lost on the way back to huddersfield station and missed the train.

you mean walking along that dead straight road, then turning right into another dead straight road for all of 15 minutes? oh dear!

Happens to the best of us.

For my part, I, errr, wanted to have a look round the place, yeah, that's it. I only asked locals for directions to test their knowledge of the place. ;-)