Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funniest moment

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Supporting charlton.

Me and a mate were talking in a pub earlier about the funniest footballing moment we yave seen on the terrace on the pitch or anywhere else.

He thinks it was tranmere a few year back when him and his mate left a pub and had to run to the station for their train however he has got around the corner and turned around too see about 6 blokes chasing after them shouting stop but it was only until he realised that he had one of their coats on which contained two knives ?? And money He stopped Once he seen the the knives he threw the jackett at them and ran away even faster not bothering to retrieve his own jacket but he thought he was going to get a kicking at first.
Any others ?

Comments

• two threads you sir are very eager!
  • Stockport away, mid-90s, warm-up before the game the players were smashing shots at the keeper sunday league-style (think it was Petterson in goal). A woman called Lorna was walking along the terrace delicately carrying two tea's and a burger when a stray effort smashed her full in the face. Tea and burger everywhere as she tumbled backwards on the steps. Absolutely classic moment and ten times better than the shite game that followed.
  • Southend away in a friendly, their mascot "Sammy the Shrimp" walked in front of the Charlton fans, my dad shouts "oi mate, you don't half look a prawn in that suit" everyone fell about, classic!
  • [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]Southend away in a friendly, their mascot "Sammy the Shrimp" walked in front of the Charlton fans, my dad shouts "oi mate, you don't half look a prawn in that suit" everyone fell about, classic!

LOL wicked :-), the steward on saturday telling us singging lot to sit down then we started a "stand up if you love charlton" chant was quiet funny but almost every week there is a bit of a classic il try and think of more.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Stockport away, mid-90s, warm-up before the game the players were smashing shots at the keeper sunday league-style (think it was Petterson in goal). A woman called Lorna was walking along the terrace delicately carrying two tea's and a burger when a stray effort smashed her full in the face. Tea and burger everywhere as she tumbled backwards on the steps. Absolutely classic moment and ten times better than the shite game that followed.

Love those kind of moments.
  • Full members semi final against Norwich.
    Old fella next to us behind goal in Sainsburys end had been swigging from a bottle of rum or brandy most of the match and was rather drunk (extremely cold night)
    When we equalised he jumped around and the bottle flew out of his pocket and landed on the terrace without breaking.
    We picked up the bottle and gave it back to him.
    A few minutes later when we scored the winner ,again the bottle came flying out of his pocket.
    We gave it back to him a 2nd time but he was so drunk he said ' I appreciate the offer gentlemen, but I havent finished the last bottle you gave me'
  • The old Sellout park days. I was standing on the terraces, where they now have the "Posh" stand (opposite end to Sainsbury's) with my Son who would have been 5/6 at the time.We were playing Coventry when Steve Og****** (you know the bloke I mean) was in goal and he had half the squad blasting footballs at him from the 18 yard box, he tipped one over the bar and it absolutely flew up the terrace where swinging on the crush barriers was youngster about 10. Straight in the "nuts" this ball hit him, I kid you not, this boy "shut like a book" and fell on top of the ball. My boy run down the terrace, rolled the poleaxed youngster off the ball ignoring the tears and the obvious agony he was in and retrieved the ball and handed it to the now approaching Steve "O". I still wonder today if that young kid's "nuts" ever dropped.
  • I remember in the Prem and we were playing West Ham.
    At half time,Lennox Lewis was walking around the pitch. Some guy in front of me shouts," Oi, Oi Lennox" when Lennox looks up he goes " YOOOUUUU W@nker" we were all dying from laughter at his reaction!
  • Remember going for a half time wee standing at the trough when a bloke came up and stood next door but one to me. He proceeded to take his gloves off and while he was fiddling about for his weiner dropped his gloves into a trough full of piss. He then put his hands in and retrieved the said gloves, washed them in the sink and dried them under the hand dryer - yuk!
  • Similar to AFKA, Hull city away a couple of years ago in midweek

players doing some shooting practice in the pre match and someone (Izale or Varney) had barely hit the target. There was some banter and then one of them (forgot which one) caught a volley absolutely flush and it roared over the goal a smacked some lady up the side of her head. Glasses smashed and the players creased up. So did I

Sadly she was carted away by St Johns Ambulance and I think missed the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• 20th Feb 2010. The Valley. Visitors Stockport.

Kyel Reid drilling a half volley straight into the crown jewells of Owain Tudor-Jones from only a few yards, leaving him lying on the ground outside his own penalty area rything in agony. The whole of the North stand erupted. The next few minutes of singing and banter was then aimed at the poor Tudor-Jones, who fair play to him recovered before being subbed later on.
  • Away train trip to Liverpool in the FA Cup 1996. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Supporters Club ran an organised train from Euston to Liverpool Lime St, with a change at Crewe.
    Arrived at Crewe with no problems, and went to another platform to get another train to Liverpool. Unfortunately this is where the problems started. A train pulls into the station and loads of Charlton fans and train stewards get on this train, not checking that this train was not going anyone near Liverpool. By now the other fans on the platform are shouting at them to all get off, which thankfully most of them did, except one poor bloke who opened the door window just as this train pulled out, shouting “What’s the next stop”. To be honest I can’t ever remember seeing this bloke at a Charlton game since!