Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

southamton away

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
are we all going to say hi to mr pardew.... and can we sell out our allocation.

Comments

• doubt it, **** ground not expecting much from it aswell as probably get turned over. waste of time, money imo
  • Hardly a s*** ground Johnny.

We should take a good number, always fun down there...looking forward to it.
  • I'm there with 1965jr in tow
  • how many we sold already?
    are all restrictions off now and its on general sale?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Hardly a s*** ground Johnny.

I went a few years back on boxing day and was 0-0 didnt like the stadium, there fans were boring and had one song! but hey ho thats just my experiance so doubt ill be going but never say never!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Hardly a s*** ground Johnny.

I went a few years back on boxing day and was 0-0 didnt like the stadium, there fans were boring and had one song! but hey ho thats just my experiance so doubt ill be going but never say never!
    I went to that game, was very boring. Wouldn't say our fans are boring though, usually quite vocal in the Northam/Kingsland North ends but the rest of the ground is silent.
  • fans are similar to us really and most other clubs just a few blocks sing, quite a nice ground really.

anything from this would be a bonus
  • That Scotty Parker brace.

Iwelumo last min
  • [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]are we all going to say hi to mr pardew.... and can we sell out our allocation.

I see on your site that you've only been allocated 2,200. We usually give 3,200 out and it doesn't state that your allocation is a initial one.

Hopefully this means that the club have finally seen that 3,200 is too big of an allocation to give out!
  • Is a bit of history...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going. The one 'home' game I get this year and hopefully a better performance than that rubbish in the rain before Christmas. Depending on Saturdays results I can see us shifting that 2,200 reasonably easily going on past turnouts.
  • Live ten minutes away from St Mary's and cant wait for it, genuine feeling is that were gonna get stuffed but I'm pretty sure I'll have enough beer in me by kick off that it wont hurt as much as usual! Plus whatever the result I can go out in Southampton's wonderful Saturday nightlife....... well that's what people tell me anyway!
  • Il be there hoping for a repeat of last years result!
  • I'm going
  • Yeah i went when Scotty Parker scored that corker, There fans are always wankers when we are down there tough, we seem to have a little rivalry with them.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    Stop taking the 'p' out of Southampton.
  • contrary to what Bournemouth said I think with it being the third away Saturday game on the spin we will be lucky to shift 1,500. Some with families can wangle every other Saturday off for an away game but three on the trot ?? Even I am missing just my third away game this Saturday as I must get some decorating done and thought three days over Easter was ideal. MKD has sold more than I expected but I think that is down to new ground syndrome, same reason why Exeter will sell out. All this makes me suspect Saints will be less heavily supported. Hope I am wrong though.
  • A few would have already been this season too...
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

I went to that game, was very boring. Wouldn't say our fans are boring though, usually quite vocal in the Northam/Kingsland North ends but the rest of the ground is silent.

Out of the saints fans i have met i would say no they are not boring. When your in your ground i think i agree with Johnny very quiet but then apart from the st johstones paint thingy not had much to shout about recently have you what with Pompey being in the prem for so many years. Not to worry though just a year or two more and you two will be in the same division again i can feel it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    I'm going too - my soon to be ex-MD is also a Charlton supporter (originally from Welling) and he's hired a corporate box for the game.

Even though I won't be working with the company (last day today) .... he's still invited me along, which is a wonderful gesture!
  • Defo Oggy sounds wicked mate. Lucky so and so ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm going too - my soon to be ex-MD is also a Charlton supporter (originally from Welling) and he's hired a corporate box for the game.

Even though I won't be working with the company (last day today) .... he's still invited me along, which is a wonderful gesture!

from a blanket and themos to one of the Prawn Sandwich brigade ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm going too - my soon to be ex-MD is also a Charlton supporter (originally from Welling) and he's hired a corporate box for the game.

just be careful in the box, think the year parker scored that brace [03/04?], when he scored the equaliser a box full of charlton fans celebrated, and there was a bit of agro from the saints fans. stewards made them watch the rest in the box if i remember rightly?

i'll be there. best saints away memory was the iwelumo winner. got the local bus home to some fireworks and got so much abuse that night in my charlton shirt, but it was worth it.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

from a blanket and themos to one of the Prawn Sandwich brigade ;-)

LOL, Large!

Anyone who knows me also knows that I've never done blanket & Thermos - in fact, I've only ever sat in the East Stand once!
    *big smiley winky thingy*

But now I'm fraternising with power people, lol ..... I'm ready for the Prawn sarnies. :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Out of the saints fans i have met i would say no they are not boring. When your in your ground i think i agree with Johnny very quiet but then apart from the st johstones paint thingy not had much to shout about recently have you what with Pompey being in the prem for so many years. Not to worry though just a year or two more and you two will be in the same division again i can feel it :-)
    I don't think we will personally. I reckon there is a chance that Skates could fall straight through to League One next season, I cannot see someone buying them with a loada money and HMRC will not agree to a CVA unless they get 100% of what Pompey owe them. If Pompey don't give them 100% they may start next season on -15.

Would be nice to be in the same league though as we have a score to settle.
    [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]Yeah i went when Scotty Parker scored that corker, There fans are always wankers when we are down there tough, we seem to have a little rivalry with them.

Why are our fans always wankers when you're down there?
  • [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Live ten minutes away from St Mary's and cant wait for it, genuine feeling is that were gonna get stuffed but I'm pretty sure I'll have enough beer in me by kick off that it wont hurt as much as usual! Plus whatever the result I can go out in Southampton's wonderful Saturday nightlife....... well that's what people tell me anyway!

Crispy whereabouts do you live?

I'm going with my son, grandson and cousin (who lives in Taunton) for a family day out. Can't believe three generations going to a Charlton game.
  • [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Live ten minutes away from St Mary's and cant wait for it, genuine feeling is that were gonna get stuffed but I'm pretty sure I'll have enough beer in me by kick off that it wont hurt as much as usual! Plus whatever the result I can go out in Southampton's wonderful Saturday nightlife....... well that's what people tell me anyway!

Crispy whereabouts do you live?

I'm going with my son, grandson and cousin (who lives in Taunton) for a family day out. Can't believe three generations going to a Charlton game.

He lives in Charlton Lane SA.
    He's in Southampton attending "Big School" I think he lives in a squat or something, but I'm not sure where ; )
    Now its half term he's probably back home.
  • If he lives in a squat it could be anywhere in Southampton (except Chilworth) lol.

He's obviously not studying geography, if he lives in Charlton Lane but thinks he lives in Southampton. But then if he's a student he probably dosen't know where he is half the time.
  • Slightly strange a Saints fan having a pop at Pompey over their financial mismanagement!

Despite the Pardew link, I have a soft spot for Southampton having been one of their 'schoolboys' back in the day. They had centres in London, Hampshire, Cardiff etc etc & we often played against the other places.
    One of my best memories as a kid was Kevin Keegan turning up at training to chat to us when he was in the first team and big Lawrie Mac was always a top bloke too.