Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COMPETITION: POINT SCORING DETAILS UPTO MAY 7TH

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
With the run in now over the next month, this is the new daily point structure which will remain in place until the final day on May 7th

Throughout April upto May 6th every photo will be worth 10 points, there will be 2 per day.

The final photo on May 7th will be worth 50 points and will be a ground which could be anywhere in the world.

Comments

• I won't bother with the other pictures then, just wait for the 50 pointer and win the whole thing!

Why change the format now? Lessens the value of the early rounds if you give silly points all the time IMHO
  • As much a i like playing the game and your effort etc i gotta agree with HI. Keep the points lower and then the game stays more of a contest right to the end.
  • edited March 2010
    Theres never really been a stable format anyway, sometimes its been 2 points, sometimes 5 and sometimes 10. I felt that rather than it being an unstable format i would introduce a structured point scoring system in place until May 7th.

Ok, lets put it to everybody now as a matter of fairness.

Do you want

a) 2 grounds per day @ 5 points each with say the final ground at 25 points

or

b) 2 grounds per day @ 10 points each with say the final ground on May 7th at 50 points

There will be loads of points available before May 7th, the winner could easily be decided by then anyway
  • a) with final picture worth 10. over egging the cake with 25
  • I think 5 per ground with the final at 20.....but its your competition dude!
  • ok cool, see what a few others think and ill go with the majority
  • I agree with Henry on this, love the competition and look forward to it every day at work, however think it will be much better in the format with fewer points available per pic
  • Ok lets go with the following

With the run in now over the next month, this is the new daily point structure which will remain in place until the final day on May 7th

Throughout April upto May 6th every photo will be worth 5 points, there will be 2 per day.

The final photo on May 7th will be worth 20 points and will be a ground which could be anywhere in the world.
  • never change formats mate
  • Final pic worth 1200 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• glad you ain't anything to do with the F.A. choice.

we'd be in the london and kent border league by now with our end of season form.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]never change formats mate

im not really changing the format mate, just trying to set the points structure for the next month so everyone is aware. only thing thats changed is the value of the final pic, i think the last picture has to be of greater value
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]glad you ain't anything to do with the F.A. choice.

we'd be in the london and kent border league by now with our end of season form.

no, premier league with immunity to relegation
  • Good idea Choice.

Hopefully they will also change the point structure in League 1 to :-

Last game of season, all winning teams receive 3 points, but if Charlton win they receive 20 points.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Good idea Choice.

Hopefully they will also change the point structure in League 1 to :-

Last game of season, all winning teams receive 3 points, but if Charlton win they receive 20 points.

that sounds fair enough to me..does henry cooper, jim davidson or michael grade have any clout with the fa
  • Two grounds per day, one worth 10 points, one worth -5 points, but you don't reveal which was which until they've both been guessed. The final photo on May 7th multiplies the guessers existing score by Pi.
  • All just shenanigans anyway. I got the hardest one right of the whole quiz and got one measley point for it. I really needed that mobile disco for a disabled relative's birthday party.