Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds game

Comments

• I do think we could be missing a trick here and potentially losing extra revenue into the process.

For both the Leeds & Norwich games I can forsee that both teams could easily bring 5,000 fans - why not put something into operation now, giving them blocks A&B of the East or the the end of the West stand (or both !) - fans who sit there can easily be re-housed in the emply seats that populate the rest of the East or West......then fill the North quadrants with any leftovers.

We all know that we are unlikely to have more than 15k home fans and there are so many empty seats around us nowdays it seems a shame to onl give them the South stand.......(sorry Henry, the Jimmy Seed stand)
  • That provides the club with all sorts of ballache in terms if segregation and getting fans in and out of the ground via home routes, will never happen. They will get 3,000 and no more, a couple may get through with charlton fans buying tickets for them but that's it.
  • adsads
    edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I do think we could be missing a trick here and potentially losing extra revenue into the process.

For both the Leeds & Norwich games I can forsee that both teams could easily bring 5,000 fans - why not put something into operation now, giving them blocks A&B of the East or the the end of the West stand (or both !) - fans who sit there can easily be re-housed in the emply seats that populate the rest of the East or West......then fill the North quadrants with any leftovers.

We all know that we are unlikely to have more than 15k home fans and there are so many empty seats around us nowdays it seems a shame to onl give them the South stand.......(sorry Henry, the Jimmy Seed stand)[/quote]

why would we want to give them extra seats for a few extra quid when winning those games and promotion would be worth much more (unless we're already out of the chase for automatic place by then)? all it'll do is give them the extra support to make a racket to turn us over!
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.

have we? thought every play off game is to be televised?

ads in a Stuwall moment.
  • By the time of the Leeds match it could be us needing the points for automatic promotion...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ads[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]And we can't be televised again this season- we've had our full quota.[/quote]

have we? thought every play off game is to be televised?[/quote]

ads in a Stuwall moment.[/quote]

been having too many of them recently!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I do think we could be missing a trick here and potentially losing extra revenue into the process.

We all know that we are unlikely to have more than 15k home fans and there are so many empty seats around us nowdays it seems a shame to onl give them the South stand.......(sorry Henry, the Jimmy Seed stand)

Never why give them more fans of their own to play in front of,

I have an idea lets help a team we are vying for a playoff place with by letting in extra of their fans

now that would just be stoopid, and even if we are out of the play off zone by then lets let more fans in to take the pish, would you expect us to do the same for millsmall or palarse
  • If we had nothing to play for & both Norwich & Leeds had a fair chance of going up, I would Imagine the club would consider doing something. Why they would even entertain the idea when we are in the mix is ludicrous in the extreme, I would even consider cutting their allocation for these games.
  • can we expect the Club to do a push for these two games to try and sell out home areas ie all those on the database leafleted and offered tickets at a fiver ? If we could sell out home areas it would boost our chances and the coffers.
  • The club would surely never move season ticket holders for a league game, and rightly so.

When we played Yeovil in the cup a few years back, didn't they have a block or two in the East Stand? How was that policed? (I'm not saying if that was a success we should consider it, but interested to hear how it was managed.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Nolly - exactly like we did at west ham away, stupid ticket allocation. Most got in though.

Golfaddick - great idea!! hahaha give play off rivals even more tickets for them to get behind their team and drown you lot out.
  • CHG - have a look for the reports of Leeds in Norwich last Saturday....
  • CHG - Lets be honest, on the aggro scene Leeds more than give Millwall a run for thier money and on a much more regular basis. Just cos there has been no trouble with us, does not mean they never cause trouble. Look at last weekend.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]CHG - Lets be honest, on the aggro scene Leeds more than give Millwall a run for thier money and on a much more regular basis. Just cos there has been no trouble with us, does not mean they never cause trouble. Look at last weekend.

Any links?
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]CHG - have a look for the reports of Leeds in Norwich last Saturday....
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]CHG - Lets be honest, on the aggro scene Leeds more than give Millwall a run for thier money and on a much more regular basis. Just cos there has been no trouble with us, does not mean they never cause trouble. Look at last weekend.
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]CHG - Lets be honest, on the aggro scene Leeds more than give Millwall a run for thier money and on a much more regular basis. Just cos there has been no trouble with us, does not mean they never cause trouble. Look at last weekend.

Any links?

betcha bottom dollar if this thread goes off on this tangent it will be sunk
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Olly is an Addick.

Thanks for making that point Henry!
    Know a bit about the Bournemouth thing as they are my 'second' team (3rd if you count Bromley!) Dad grew up in Bournemouth and played in the same youth team as Kevin Bond and Steve Gritt so they're my Dad's team, and my adopted second.
  • http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2051616/ShowPost.aspx
  • Before my time down here but I can confirm that our friends in the North are not particularly well liked in these parts to say the least. Then again neither are our friends from the toolbox. I think Dorset Police have learnt that having 'visitors' from those parts is not a great idea on a spring Bank Hols but anyway bringing 15,000 away down to the south coast for a boozy weekender is a different proposition to standing around outside The Valley so hardly going to be quite that many IMO
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2051616/ShowPost.aspx

Ta, sound like a nice bunch eh?
  • I was there with my 10 year old lad and can honestly say i saw no trouble whatsoever apart from the usual verbals and don't recall seeing anyone wrecking the ground either, i'm not naive enough to say nothing went on in areas around the ground but i am sure if a Norwhich fan had been stabbed it would have been all over the local papers etc, We may have more idiots than most but then we take more fans away than most and i can assure anyone who visits Elland rd with the exception of Millwall will have a trouble free visit unless they are looking for trouble themselves. Just to make another point on Monday at Yeovil it will be 10 years to the day since two Leeds fans were stabbed to death in Istanbul and all Leeds fans know that over this weekend there are events being organised including a minutes silence against Swindon, so for any Leeds fan to be stabbing anyone simply does not wash with me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]I was there with my 10 year old lad and can honestly say i saw no trouble whatsoever apart from the usual verbals and don't recall seeing anyone wrecking the ground either, i'm not naive enough to say nothing went on in areas around the ground but i am sure if a Norwhich fan had been stabbed it would have been all over the local papers etc, We may have more idiots than most but then we take more fans away than most and i can assure anyone who visits Elland rd with the exception of Millwall will have a trouble free visit unless they are looking for trouble themselves. Just to make another point on Monday at Yeovil it will be 10 years to the day since two Leeds fans were stabbed to death in Istanbul and all Leeds fans know that over this weekend there are events being organised including a minutes silence against Swindon, so for any Leeds fan to be stabbing anyone simply does not wash with me.

100% agree with this

Leeds away is exciting and a can be a bit touchy but on a whole i find them alrite
  • We should play it at Wembley just to accommodate you lot.

This board does attract some attention from other clubs. Perhaps we should sell advertising - toiletware providers, psychiatrists and glass-houses for starters.
  • Oaky - i think the stabbing story is rubbish as well. I know myself how rumours and stories of certain clubs are too readily believed....

Nth London Addick - surely the only game for you that really gets heated and is a bit dangerous is Palace? Teams like Leeds won't go about picking on groups of Charlton fans around Elland Road.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Oaky - i think the stabbing story is rubbish as well. I know myself how rumours and stories of certain clubs are too readily believed....

Nth London Addick - surely the only game for you that really gets heated and is a bit dangerous is Palace? Teams like Leeds won't go about picking on groups of Charlton fans around Elland Road.

Palace heated? dangerous?? surely the only thing we can ever agree on is that there is nothing to fear in that shite hole, It did get a bit touchy at Elland road the season they got relegated and spotty Parker scored a stormer

but i quite like grounds like that
  • Purely going on the cowardly attacks palace have launched on you and other events that occur between you lot at London Bridge etc.

Probably a higher police presence for Chalton/Palace games than Millwall/Charlton as well? Or am I talking complete tosh there ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Purely going on the cowardly attacks palace have launched on you and other events that occur between you lot at London Bridge etc.

Probably a higher police presence for Chalton/Palace games than Millwall/Charlton as well? Or am I talking complete tosh there ;-)

Complete tosh i dont think that the OB presence for Plarse is very big, they dont exactly have anything or one to worry about, when we relegated them the crowd left at the same time they were on the same train station,

no mark team no mark fans

i aint pretending that i like your lot but you def bring a different edge to the game
  • Oaky White - do you still think you will be bringing down 10-15k + if you're not in a play off play by then?

Just need to know as have put my contact at Charlton on stand by to give you two whole stands but is starting to look like you might not need them now.
  • Nla - what about their stunt at Sydenham?
  • Cowards. Anyone can "attack" a train full of old men, families and kids.
  • I know that off it. That was seen by the fact they chose to swerve Welling the two times they played at Charlton afterwards. I was just pointing out there is a risk when visiting Selhurst as a so called 'normal' fan.