Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter Away (40 tickets left - 9am, 20/4)

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
don't know if anyone has seen this :

'Tickets for the club's trip to Exeter City on Saturday, April 24th (3pm) are provisionally planned to go on restricted sale on Thursday, April 1st - more details will be publicised when available.

The Addicks have been allocated 900 terrace places and 150 seats at St James' Park'

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't know if anyone has seen this :

'Tickets for the club's trip to Exeter City on Saturday, April 24th (3pm) are provisionally planned to go on restricted sale on Thursday, April 1st - more details will be publicised when available.

The Addicks have been allocated 900 terrace places and 150 seats at St James' Park'

I looked the other day and it said they were going on sale on March 23 rd.
  • Just phoned to get my tickets and apparently the price is wrong on the website. The lady said that seats and standing are the same price (£18 adults, £13 over 60s and students with a valid NUS card, and £7 U18s.) as opposed to cheaper terracing tickets.

Not too sure about this but she said she'd call back to confirm.
  • Got mine and terrace tickets are def £16
  • [cite]Posted By: chezzafromcharlton[/cite]Got mine and terrace tickets are def £16

I've been done then !!
  • When I asked for 5 terrace the chap said £90. I said £80 surely and he then agreed and said he'd charged £80, ie £16 each.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]When I asked for 5 terrace the chap said £90. I said £80 surely and he then agreed and said he'd charged £80, ie £16 each.

LOL they are well trained.
  • any update on how quickly these are selling?
  • Picked up 5 today. All seats.
  • OS states 500 left for this. Im contemplating going, however can see train tickets being a nice few quid.

Are CL playing against their supporters in the return leg?.....id be up for a game and may twist my arm in goin to this one!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Are CL playing against their supporters in the return leg?.....id be up for a game and may twist my arm in goin to this one!

I'm up for a match against Exeter Supporters too!

Any news, anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 of us will play, someone sort it out :)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]OS states 500 left for this. Im contemplating going, however can see train tickets being a nice few quid.

Are CL playing against their supporters in the return leg?.....id be up for a game and may twist my arm in goin to this one!

For the game against Exeter City on Saturday, April 24th, trains leave Paddington at 10.06 and 11.06, arriving Exeter St Davids at 12.10 and 13.32 respectively, in time to catch the local train at 12.18 or 14.18 for the six-minute journey to Exeter St James' Park station, which is just across the road from the gorund of the same name.

Caution - catching the later 12.06 departure from Paddington is not recommended because, if the train runs six or more minutes late, the connection at Exeter St Davids will be missed. The same situation, but much less dangerous, could obviously occur with the 10.06 departure from Paddington should that train run late.

The return train from Exeter St James' Park departs at 17.18, enabling supporters plenty of time to catch the 18.02 mainline train from St Davids, arriving at Paddington at 20.37.

St James' Park is a 1.2 mile walk east from Exeter St Davids station along a route which is not very straightforward. As the fare from Paddington to both Exeter St Davids and St James' Park stations is the same, the local train is therefore the better option.

The super off-peak day return fare from Paddington to either Exeter station is £64.70 or £42.70 with a senior railcard.

The alternative route from Waterlooo is not recommended. Although the return fare from Waterloo to Exeter St Davids station is 11 per cent cheaper, this route not only involves one change, but also an additional 75 minutes journey time.

The adult group discounted fare from Paddington to either Exeter station will be from £35.50-£47 return depending upon the actual number of adult passengers, who must travel together, in both directions, on both the mainline (11.06 outward) and local (17.18 return) trains. Accompanied U16s, one per adult, can travel for £1 return. The latest date for booking discounted rail fare tickets is 9.30pm on Thursday, April 15th.
  • edited April 2010
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]OS states 500 left for this. Im contemplating going, however can see train tickets being a nice few quid

we paid £55 for 2 return tickets to exeter central via megadump trains. the prices on there seem to fluctuate according to purchases, we did see them at £25 p/p return.
    trains leave waterloo around 830 arriving at exeter central around 11, return leaves exeter central 730 arrives back at waterloo at 11pm
  • booked train from Waterloo this morn know will take longer but more time to sleep 8.20 gets in 11.30 time for first beer and 6.30 back gets in at 9 day rtn £33
    FTP just need to get few more beers for longer trip mate train to exter central 20 min walk to ground... sorted
  • First Great Western website is worth looking at. Cheapest return today for the 24th is £45.00
  • Glad you're going choice as I have always predicted this is our promotion day and sadly I can't be there because my brother has decided to get married that day.
    Extra long tapes for the vid will be required!
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Glad you're going choice as I have always predicted this is our promotion day and sadly I can't be there because my brother has decided to get married that day.
    Extra long tapes for the vid will be required!

cant see it being our promotion day as only 6 points to play for beforehand but remotely possible i suppose if we win the next 3, will be great if it is. if not leeds will do, hopefully not Oldham cos iv gotta work but if we are second going into the game i may sub contract my job out.
  • really fancied this one but am in Spain that weekend, good place for a night out for those making a weekend of it
  • [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]booked train from Waterloo this morn know will take longer but more time to sleep 8.20 gets in 11.30 time for first beer and 6.30 back gets in at 9 day rtn £33
    FTP just need to get few more beers for longer trip mate train to exter central 20 min walk to ground... sorted

LESS TIME TO SLEEP AS YOU'LL HAVE TO LEAVE HOME EARLIER :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• looking at driving down friday and back on sunday.
    any recommendations on places to stay? exmouth (20 min train journey to ground) or exeter?
  • we are staying at the M5 travelodge friday night haha Not the most glamrous of places but its somewhere to rest your head
  • I would suggest staying in Exeter, exmouth is nice but nothing much goes on there.

I will be going down by train on the morning of the match
  • less time to sleep ! not bothering pub club train sleep then exter
  • Mike there are twenty of us in your hotel.Oh dear!!!!!
  • Hope they'll be safe by the time we go there, just seen they're currently on a 9 match unbeaten run. Although 6 were draws.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Mike there are twenty of us in your hotel.Oh dear!!!!![/quote]

haha really???

How many we sold for this then?
  • About thirty two according to this thread!!!!
  • As a former Exeter resident and occasional visitor to the other SJP, I would recommend Topsham as a great place to stay for those making a w/e of it. Not far from M5, its on river between Exeter & Exmouth has good pubs & restaurants. Can also get a train direct to St James Park Station (15-20 mins). That said Exeter is a great city with plenty of good places to stay/eat at/drink.
  • On a group travel thingy on a nice early train from Paddington :)