Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is actually going to City away & how are people getting there

edited March 2007 in Match Day Travel
Come on, no excuses. Who's going and how are you getting there?

Comments

• yes, thank you, by coach.
  • Too important to miss. Five of us sitting it out on the coach. Still got 3 days of the easter weekend left!
  • Yep driving with a couple of mates. Would prefer to spend £20 on petrol and travel in ease and it take 3 hours less than the coach.
  • I'm going, can't decide if I should drive or get the coach.

Coach = far too lngo to get there, can have a few beers

Car = Getting in there in much better time, can't have a drink.
  • edited March 2007
    Coach = far too long to get there, can have a few beers

Car = Getting in there in much better time, can't have a drink.[/quote]

Do what I'm doing and get someone else to do the driving = getting in there in much better time, can have a few beers as well
  • Yes, Car.
  • i really would like to go to this as it is a new ground and might not be get to see it again other than a cup comp --
  • I want to go, I don't really fancy going on my todd.

If I coach it from Chatham that will be a long, bloody lonely coach journey and the same if I drive.

Mmmmmm, sure you don't wanna go Ketters!!
  • I want to go but car is knackered and trains are rubbish.

Would rather stick pins in eyes than travel by coach.

Blackburn and Liverpool both look like being weekenders, far more attractive option.
  • I want to go, but would also rather stick pins in my eyes than go by coach.

Am resigned to a nervous night in front of a pub telly.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes, heading up on the coach and not looking forward to the journey at all!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I want to go, I don't really fancy going on my todd.

If I coach it from Chatham that will be a long, bloody lonely coach journey and the same if I drive.

Dude I have not 100% ruled it out, it's just that well I have an invitation to a Life's Chemistry Boat party from 10.30am-5.00pm, then after party at Imbibe on Blackfriars Road till midnight, then possible after after party. Not sure what to do, will make a defo decision next week.
  • Driving up on Thursday and having 2 nights on the lash in Manc
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I want to go, I don't really fancy going on my todd.

i wanna go as well mate but i just can't decide how to get there
  • I'd love to go but have to go down to the in-laws in Cheltenham with the FPO. Gotta find a pub down there to watch it in...
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Gotta find a pub down there to watch it in...

Presumably to get away from the in-laws?
  • In the car with a couple of mates
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Gotta find a pub down there to watch it in...

Presumably to get away from the in-laws?
    Most definitely - and their little yapping dogs! Don't do dogs - I'm a cat person.
  • I can imagine a "Fish called Wanda" moment. :-D
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]I can imagine a "Fish called Wanda" moment. :-D
    ...or "There's something about Mary"!
  • Sponsored links:

• I am going with my Son (aged eight). Living in Norwich, we don't have the option of getting the subsidised coach travel. Have looked at getting the train. Normally there is a connecting service Via Ely. It takes five hours. However because is Easter, you've guessed it, Network Rail have graciously decided to do some F*CKING engineering works on the line between Norwich and Ely so it means either:

a) Coach to Ely and Train to Manchester Piccadilly

or

b) Drive to Ely then train to Manchester Piccadilly

or

c) Drive all the way to Manchester Piccadilly

I think I'm probably going with c)

We will stay the night in Manchester and come back the next morning.
  • On coach with my cousin and our 2 boys,anybody going from bexleyheath your in for a noisy journey.
  • Me and two others, Birmingham International to Manchester on the train
  • Going back to my home town on Wednesday night. Ohhh Marks and Sparks in Toddington......

Thing that's a pain is that I have the longest drive out of us lot!

Staying at my folks.

Will return Sunday night so I can spend Monday sightseeing if you know what I mean and perhaps watch the game in some dingey Ramsgate pub although I rather watch it from the North stand.......

Manc Addick (in Kent).
  • stuff it, i'm gonna jump on the coach at Dartford and go i think
  • Probably the quickest and cheapest way to Hell and back.
    Make it in time in one of Ketters' harems in Sittingbourne?
  • Have decided to go.

Going via Sheffield by train (£42) and staying in Manchester overnight.
  • Not going as I have blown the budget on getting a season ticket and travel to home games from Sheffield. If I wasn't a season ticket holder I would have tried to get tickets and probably have taken the train.