Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham appoint Hodgson

Interesting appointment. He has huge experience. If he does the job for Fulham, he might be a good shout for the next England manager after Capello?

Comments

• Always seemed like a decent man. Good luck to him.

S.
  • Joke. So out of touch with the modern Prem player. Did crap at Blackburn 10 years ago. Has done well abroad but then so has Christian Gross......
  • Bit of a Les Reed for me - Grandad who knows him says he's a great coach but not sure if he's up to the demands of the premiershit
  • Credit to them for giving him a shot though and not turning to one of the current merry-go-round managers or someone like Souness. Wonder if Les will keep his job there?
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Joke. So out of touch with the modern Prem player. Did crap at Blackburn 10 years ago. Has done well abroad but then so has Christian Gross......

Serious contender for the German national job before Klinsman. Reputation here tarnished by the Blackburn failure. Perhaps he deserves a second chance? I'd like to think so because his Internationalist outlook stands serious scrutiny against the best of the rest of English managers. The game has changed since his Blackburn days.
  • is there a more dour duo possible than reed and roy boy,neither inspire do they.fulham are going down.
  • He's a very experienced coach with over 30 years experience and has good managerial credentials, but just not in the UK. He took the Swiss team to the 1994 WC and the 96 EC. His teams are generally well organised and he has the reputation of grinding out results rather than getting his teams to play brilliant football.

I once met his father who is, or more likely was a Fulham fan, he must be dead by now.
  • edited December 2007
    He'll do nothing and Fulham will go down.
    I know what he has done and don't need to be told thank you Bing Crosby.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]He'll do nothing and Fulham will go down.
    I know what he has done and don't need to be told thank you Bing Crosby.

Happy New Year DJDD!!!...:-)
  • You too fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• DJDD, you said "we worked together once" where was that mate?
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]DJDD, you said "we worked together once" where was that mate?

Sorry mate that was "Covered End" not you TCE.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Joke. So out of touch with the modern Prem player. Did crap at Blackburn 10 years ago. Has done well abroad but then so has Christian Gross......

Looks like I got this one wrong. Hands up, fair cop guv and all that.......
  • worth a bump. Good Call Bing
  • humble pie from me regarding roy,my brother said to me a few months back that the man managed in italy he is class.
  • Hmm I still have nightmares of the last time we gave the England job to someone who got a mid-table side to a European final...
  • What numbers are you choosing for the lottery Chirpy so I can avoid them?

:-)
  • Wonder if he was ever considered for the Charlton job around the time of the Dowie appointment? If not, he should have been.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Joke. So out of touch with the modern Prem player. Did crap at Blackburn 10 years ago. Has done well abroad but then so has Christian Gross......
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]Bit of a Les Reed for me - Grandad who knows him says he's a great coach but not sure if he's up to the demands of the premiershit
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]is there a more dour duo possible than reed and roy boy,neither inspire do they.fulham are going down.
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He'll do nothing and Fulham will go down.

Ooooooops!
  • Still not as bad or embarrassing as my 'phantom goal post' in the Exeter match thread the other day, no one will ever surpass that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to "double up".

I reckon Fulham will do an Ipswich/Leceister/Norwich/Charlton and go down next year. It's their turn surely?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm going to "double up".

I reckon Fulham will do an Ipswich/Leceister/Norwich/Charlton and go down next year. It's their turn surely?

West brom, whoever wins the play offs and Wigan will be my tip.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm going to "double up".

Stick a fiver on it chirps, wierder things have happened. At least you're owning your error:- many people try to justify an erroneous position to the point that it's laugable.
  • go down or not,they have had there day in the sun,still waiting for ours
  • Exeter last week was pleasant.
  • indeed .
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Exeter last week was pleasant.

and sunny :p
  • Well done Roy Hodgson - football manager of the year, thoroughly deserved http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8673848.stm