Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

READ THIS

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
If we cannot reach agreement soon (we have a deadline of 3pm 1st June) Agilo have made their intention clear to sell the players and liquidate the club.

Please be assured we are doing everything we can to make this happen but as we sit today the future of Crystal palace hangs in the balance and is very
much in the hands of a person in a Bank in Scotland whom we have never met and it seems we are not allowed to speak to.

We note the new governments commitment to sport, particularly sport in the community, Bank of Scotland is currently government owned, as such we would urge
the new Prime Minister to intervene personally to resolve the situation or see a club supported by many thousands with 100 year history consigned to the scrapheap.

FROM THE CRYSTAL PALACE WEBSITE

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]sink

Your wish for Palarse ... or this thread?
  • So do we take their place as we finished next down the league 1 ladder then?
  • see Official palace in admin thread.

IA explained elsewhere that ccc will have just 23 teams.
  • edited May 2010
    And the reason for this thread is?

And how does it qualify as general Charlton?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]see Official palace in admin thread.

IA explained elsewhere that ccc will have just 23 teams.[/quote]

And have an odd number of teams? That will muck everythin up wouldnt it?
  • Didn't read it - what does it say?
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]see Official palace in admin thread.

IA explained elsewhere that ccc will have just 23 teams.

thats surprising considering the FL stand to lose revenue from 46 matches, must be a fair bit of cash. i would have thought with the championship being more lucrative to the FA than league 1 then they would have a duty to fill it with 24 teams, the next best unpromoted club should go up (play off final losers dont count unless it had been us) likewise league 2 and so on until you get to a league thats not going to lose them any revenue
  • It all depends when the fixtures are released. The rule is that if a space opens before the fixtures are out then the numbers will stay the same (I think Sheff W benefit). Once the deadline is hit then there's a gap.
  • charlton v sheff wed play off then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Explained earlier

Comment #17. I had it wrong first time. Thought the same as Mortimerician does, but no, 23 teams.
  • [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]charlton v sheff wed play off then?
    If there was a playoff it should be between Sheff Wed and Swindon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]charlton v sheff wed play off then?

I very much doubt there will be a playoff - the season has ended, players have already been released and bought/sold. I wouldn't rule it out if they could find a way to do it - think of the revenue!
  • see a club supported by many thousands with 100 year history

many thousands thats a bit strong
  • [cite]Posted By: clive the addick[/cite]
    many thousands thats a bit strong

They must have hardcore matchday support of about 8,000 ....... and 30,000 more if they again ever got to Wembley for a playoff final.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Explained earlier

Comment #17. I had it wrong first time. Thought the same as Mortimerician does, but no, 23 teams.

Unless of course they decide to change the rules :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Explained earlier

Unless of course they decide to change the rules :)

I have a feeling they'll also change the rules on the number of points you get for a draw in League 1. Up to 2 points, putting us in second position.

It's being dubbed the "We all hate Leeds" rule and has widespread support from 90 of the 92 clubs. Apart from Leeds, the only other dissenting club is Hartlepool, who would be relegated as a result, but that's just the way it is
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]charlton v sheff wed play off then?

I very much doubt there will be a playoff - the season has ended, players have already been released and bought/sold. I wouldn't rule it out if they could find a way to do it - think of the revenue!
    I know, I was just speaking hypothetically. Sheff Wed would stay up.
  • The obvious and fairest thing would've been to reinstate Wednesday to the Championship. Academic now after the events of yesterday. Frankly I don't think promotion to the Championship would do us any favours on the pitch atm, we would be back to watching 3,4,5-0 drubbings at home with the squad we have right now. Relegation fight from day one.