Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posting when not logged in

edited April 2007 in Troubleshooting
I'm getting an odd problem if I try to respond to posts when I'm not already logged in. I type my post and put my user name and password in, but then get
Some problems were encountered
There was a problem authenticating your post information.
Now normally I'd just assume that I'd got my password wrong, but the system now shows me as being logged in, and then I have to try posting again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• no,sorry. Lookout may have more later.

There are rare times i get that, it has nothing to do with being logged on. But i don't know why i'm afraid, and normally doesn't happen when i try for a second time.
  • I had the same problem a week or so ago. It seems to have gone away now. I don't know why it came and why it went away. I hope that helps......:-)
  • If it happens again try Net Addicks?
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah this seems to happen with me ,

best solution is to highlight your writing, copy it then delete it, then just leave one random letter in the 'comments' bit, then click 'add your comments', for some reason that works. Then once it's gone through, edit it and paste your original writing into it.

Be handy if it get's sorted though, although it would prompt more people to sign in straight away ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite] although it would prompt more people to sign in straight away ?

Although i am no techie, Surely this is the answer. I don't need to sign in, it does it automatically and always has
  • I get that whenever I say something critical of AFKA or Lookie or CLin general. Coincidence?
  • i get it as well - - - but I won't let it affect me --- i 'll soldier on
  • Sorry was unaware of this. Will investigate...
  • edited April 2007
    I get it and it usually takes me 3 attempts to make my first post successfully.

Did it this time too!
  • Testing...
  • Sponsored links:

• OK, may have solved it. Let me know if it's sorted for you.
  • edited April 2007
    Test for Lookie.

Yep first time!!
  • Yeah it works for me now as well.
  • edited April 2007
    Testing, testing......

Yep, worked first time. Ta LoOkOuT!
  • Nice one. Sorry about that peeps. I never use it, as I log in and click the "Remember me" button, but that's because I work from home and only ever use my home machines for the most part. It must have stopped working properly when I upgraded the main software. Thanks to Ali for pointing it out.
  • well done Lookie, i was just about to fix it... :-)
  • that old chestnut!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]that old chestnut![/quote]

what ??? 'onest guv !!!!

*i barely know how to log on*
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Nice one. Sorry about that peeps. I never use it, as I log in and click the "Remember me" button, but that's because I work from home and only ever use my home machines for the most part. It must have stopped working properly when I upgraded the main software. Thanks to Ali for pointing it out.
    It wasn't a major trauma, just a bit of an irritant. I was just relieved it wasn't only me finding new and interesting ways to break things.