Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do Wham stand a chance?

I think that if we slip up it's possible. Otherwise both us and them have to catch two teams e.g Sheff Utd & Wigan. Personally I want Boro to slip into it to serve them right for playing a weakened team against Man City. Quite pleased to see Wham win actually because they'll keep fighting and they could still help us out (as long as they lose to the top teams, of course)

Comments

• Spot on Jimmy, we want the Spammers to be in there fighting until the last because they still have to play Wigan and Sheffield United.

Thing is, our late goal today would have been really bitter sweet for them because they also probably wanted Wigan to lose to keep them within range.

Can't see us both staying up though, its one or the other, most likely scenario involves us swapping places with the Blades....
  • I'd like them to keep at it, but they ain't staying up. Look at the respective run ins of the teams involved.

WHU are 5pts from safety with a run in from hell - They are not overtaking two teams.
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]I'd like them to keep at it, but they ain't staying up. Look at the respective run ins of the teams involved.

WHU are 5pts from safety with a run in from hell - They are not overtaking two teams.

Probably right. Even if they beat both wigan & Sheff Utd they'll probably still be in the bottom 3. If they escape they'll need some Tevez magic against the top teams. If he does that he'll be the most popular Argentinian footballer ever in England. We don't want this of course because it could still be at our expense. We want them to believe they can however so that Wigan & sheff Utd lose. Sheff Utd must be pooing their pants knowing they have to play us & Wham.
  • Yeah, another thing is that Sheffield United do have a couple of very winnable home games against Newcastle, Watford, Spammers and Wigan - but if they are still not scoring goals then they might only get a couple of draws.....
    We could really do with the Spammers getting a point at Brammall Lane.
  • The Wham fans don't seem too confident. Some are on the verge of believing again but are afraid to:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83132&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=320
  • That final match of the season: Sheff Utd v Wigan could work in our favour.
    They can't both win.
  • edited March 2007
    we just won and because west ham did too,we are still just slightly nervously looking over our shoulders.imagine how sheff utd and wigan are feeling!
  • West Ham's resurgence coincides with the binning of Konchesky (he's playing in the reserves) - surely only a coincidence
  • edited April 2007
    and they're facing a points reduction, possibly.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]and their facing a points reduction, possibly.[/quote]

Hmmm...does anyone think they'll be docked points if it means the difference between staying up and relegation?

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boro were dock 3 points for cancelling a game - they went down. Ok, so it was earlier in the season, but I think they were already pretty low in the table when it happened.
  • Would love to see Wigan and Boro drop with Watford.

Lump on West Ham to win at Arsenal, gooners in bad form, Hamsters picking up, last team to win at Highbury...

Should get at least 10's.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Would love to see Wigan and Boro drop with Watford.

Lump on West Ham to win at Arsenal, gooners in bad form, Hamsters picking up, last team to win at Highbury...

Should get at least 10's.

Hope you made some money, Southend.
  • i think West Ham will be feeling just like we did when we beat them, drew with Watford and beat Newcastle. That sniff of survival is a great feeling and could push them on.

As long as it is not at our expense good luck to them. Just means that we need to drag more teams into this mess.
  • I honestly believe it's two from us, Sheff Utd and Wham.

We are in a position that 2 months ago that we would have killed for, ie- where, with a home game against Sheff Utd, it's almost in our own hands!

Carm on! Bring on Reading- which will be a real tough one!
  • With us Curbs had a good record against teams at the bottom.Wigan and Sheff Utd could be six points
  • I really really hope they get a points deduction now,but the league will bottle it.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]With us Curbs had a good record against teams at the bottom.Wigan and Sheff Utd could be six points

With us, Curbs had an attrocious record at the end of the season, and never beat Manure.
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]With us Curbs had a good record against teams at the bottom.Wigan and Sheff Utd could be six points

With us, Curbs had an attrocious record at the end of the season, and never beat Manure.

Well, if this West Ham 'lucky' (LOL) winning run is Curb's end of season slump........... (!)
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]With us Curbs had a good record against teams at the bottom.Wigan and Sheff Utd could be six points

Wham beat Manure in Curbs' first game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Only got 7/1 but had a score on it.

That pays for my trips to Everton, Blackburn and Liverpool.

Us and West Ham will both get out of it FACT.
  • Fact? Can't find it in any encyclopedia.
  • i said weeks ago 'don't rule out west ham' and got quite universally dismissed, but i think it may be bearing fruit. I still had us finishing above them by just 1 point, and i haven't seen anything to change that view.

I said at the same time Chelsea will win the league, and i hope to god i was wrong on that front as well....
  • I'm convinced we'll both stay up... a few weeks ago it was over 50-1, now it's coming in at a shade under 10-1 and even less in some quarters