Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

account picture

i'm trying to upload an image to put next to my name but i keep getting told that the file is not allowed, any ideas why?

Comments

• I've had the same problem...
  • because its too large in size - I think.

Said Sodje to Mooney.
  • i've tried so many times, dont ask why? but no success so have just given up
  • I had the same problem but Lookout ended up fixing it for me. Perhaps whisper him and he may be able to help you out too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]I had the same problem but Lookout ended up fixing it for me. Perhaps whisper him and he may be able to help you out too.

thanks sideways but how do i whisper someone? sorry, bit thick me!
  • Been trying for over ayear.....
    What do the Admin actually do for their wages on this site ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Been trying for over ayear.....
    What do the Admin actuallydofor their wages on this site ?

LOL
  • been trying for ages same problem
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]I had the same problem but Lookout ended up fixing it for me. Perhaps whisper him and he may be able to help you out too.

thanks sideways but how do i whisper someone? sorry, bit thick me!

Type Lookout's username in the Whisper your comments to (optional) box and then enter your comments as normal. Simples.
  • Surely it cant be hard for the administrators to explain why we cant put a picture on the profile? I have been trying and it never works.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Surely it cant be hard for the administrators to explain why we cant put a picture on the profile? I have been trying and it never works.
    Have you tried clique instead of click...?
  • Its really dissapointing that it's still not explained why we cant upload a picture or if we can how to do it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Its really dissapointing that it's still not explained why we cant upload a picture or if we can how to do it.

lol i gave up ages ago!
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Its really dissapointing that it's still not explained why we cant upload a picture or if we can how to do it.

it's dissapointing that your slow?? These guys all have full time jobs and other commitments in life that are probably a little more important than explaining something to you, depsite the fact that are several other threads giving you the exact information you need, try searching, it's all there.
  • Thanks for nothing
  • Don't mean to come across as rude or owt just seems a litle harsh to moan at people who run this site in their spare time for not helping you, despite the fact they have, several times and you just can't be arsed looking for it "/
  • I'm not admin or anything on here nor am I an IT whizz so can't comment on why it's not working.

When I've tried to change pictures in the past it was that they were too big.

I suggest trying an image from the internet. Save it to you PC and then try that.

If that doesn't work then sorry.

Stu may be a rude fat northern barstward with a pieced tongue but as you will have seen on the other "photo won't upload" threads they aren't sure why it doesn't seem to work for some people.
  • I feel bit stupid this being my first post, but it worked for me:

Instead of uploading over the "Account Pictures" section, try adding an URL in the "Personal Information" section.

This did the job for me :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Stu may be a rude fat northern barstward

Northern????? How very dare you! :-)
  • edited July 2010
    isn't there a good looks requirement?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think your descripton of stu may me a little harsh but correct!
    I never at any stage critisised Admin ( i think they do a great job) and i have followed every thread and it still dont work .
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I think your descripton of stu may me a little harsh but correct!
    I never at any stage critisised Admin ( i think they do a great job) .

Guess someone stole your login whn these posts where made :(
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Surely it cant be hard for the administrators to explain why we cant put a picture on the profile? I have been trying and it never works.

[cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Its really dissapointing that it's still not explained why we cant upload a picture or if we can how to do it.
  • Happy Worzel?
  • [cite]Posted By: Rule Britannia[/cite]I feel bit stupid this being my first post, but it worked for me:

Instead of uploading over the "Account Pictures" section, try adding an URL in the "Personal Information" section.

This did the job for me :-)

LOL and welcome.

Seems to be working now for you too Beds
  • Stu can't spell owl.
  • Happy Cheers!
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Rule Britania . Thanks for the advice . See Stu is not hard to help!
  • Yay images for all!