Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Worst "Special Offer" Ever

edited July 2010 in Not Sports Related
Stopped at Moto Services on M2 on route to Eastwell Manor for last nights wedding and after purchasing £20 worth of diesel, 20 cigarettes (priced there at £7.50) and a sandwich (£4) got asked at the till....."would you like a packet of Jelly Babies for a pound, its our special offer of the week"!!!

These cost about 60p in the shops so declined and I didn't want them anyway..smarting at my rejection and on the verge of tears he retorted "Its the best offer you'll get round here"...which says it all about that place. AVOID if you can, I always bloody seem to need petrol when i'm driving past it!

Anyone else has had a special offer that clearly isn't special?

Comments

• In Greggs bakers the other day 59p for a sausage roll or £1.20 for two?
  • Are you sure that you didn't get an extra inch of sausage for the £1.20 option :)
  • buy a five year season ticket and get first dibs on away tickets.
  • Nothing beats the Buy a season ticket now and get a free one when we are promoted to the premier league! (And by the way we aren't going to tell you yet but we are going sell all our best players and later in the season we will reduce ticket prices for non season ticket holders) - Now that's the worst deal ever
  • calling 3 network yesterday to find out if we get any offers on the new iphones at a reduced price as existing customers to be offered for loyal service "a one off deal only available today etc etc" to find out 5 mins later that that this special offer is indeed available to everyone !! as it is advertised on their website then having problem when I tell them I am loooking ot cancel and want my pac now now !! then having no network connnection from 5pm last night (2hrs after I called them) until I phone up last night to be bulls**Td with they are upgrading the mast in grove park (despite travelling all round london yesterda) and haing the same problem but then gert connection back today !! I WILL be cancelling my contract with them as soon as they let me do it !"!
  • I saw an offer in Bangkok - Buy Two Get One.
  • In a local off licence 3 cans of Stella for the price of four!
  • In Asda yesterday they were doing a pack of 8 pepsis for £2 or 2 packs for a fiver!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Nothing beats the Buy a season ticket now and get a free one when we are promoted to the premier league! (And by the way we aren't going to tell you yet but we are going sell all our best players and later in the season we will reduce ticket prices for non season ticket holders) - Now that's the worst deal ever

That's the one - brilliant piece of marketing.
  • You forgot the famous Steve Waggot promise that if we sell enough season tickets they will sack the manager. What a professional piece of PR that was?

Oh, and the one about how they couldn't disclose any details about the take over, but they could say that the reason the manager wasn't being allowed to buy any players is because when the take over (that they can't discuss) happens they will be signing such better players that all those being considered now will be nowhere near good enough to get into our side - then signing freebies and loan players.

Oh, and the promise that if you buy a five year season ticket you will be GUARANTEED first refusal on away tickets, except that even though you committed for five years in March, you won't be able to get a ticket for Swindon away (the most demanded ticket - relative to supply - for best part of ten years) when they go on general sale in May.

Oh, and you need to renew your seat by March or you will not be guaranteed it, even though you couldn't buy another seat or move seats until the swap week in June.

Without doubt those that market the season tickets at Charlton have done a fantactic job. I just can't wait to see what they come up with next year - this is, of course, assuming they don't start selling the tickets in December of this year with some promise/threat for renewing early/not renewing early.
  • A sign of modern education standards?
  • my niece offered to swap my wallet for her toy plastic banana which come to think of it in this current climate isnt a bad deal
  • In the co op today they were doing a reduced pack of chicken on its last legs for £2.50 normally £3 or buy 2 fresh packs for a fiver but the reduced price cant be used in conjunction with the offer!!

Surely theres something wrong here
  • edited July 2010
    I'm getting married there, what what it like for the reception Choice?

That's Eastwell Manor not the services!
  • Ale in sainsburys. Can't remember which now. £1.36 each or 3 for a fiver.