Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Feedback on the site

Getting away from the football for a moment, we're hoping to give the site a revamp in the Summer and introduce a number of new features.

We're really happy with the way the forum operates, and think its grown to be the place for considered Charlton talk and some decent banter as well, exactly how we hoped it would grow. We'll be moving it to a dedicated server in the summer which will hope improve speeds.

We already have some ideas for new features, and we'd be really grateful if anyone has any ideas on things they would like to see, use or would improve the site. If there are things you think are no good, or could be improved, would really appreciate your views on that as well.

Similarly, we'd like more people to be involved so if there are any people that would like to be involved in some way, be it technical, creative or writing, please get in touch.

Be grateful if you could keep any replies as whispers to me please, rather than becoming an open debate, and i'll convey the responses back to Lookout.

cheers

Comments

• could we have virtual bottled beers please like henry has got the club to sell on matchdays ?
  • LOL,

right, joke replies here, serious ones as whispers please !
  • Free the Oracle One....
  • Ok, can we have an area of the site you are not allowed to view or post on unless you are standing and have the permission of the person in front of you to do so?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ok, can we have an area of the site you are not allowed to view or post on unless you are standing and have the permission of the person in front of you to do so?

SIDDARN! :-)
  • What about a Page 3 Bird and a Page 7 Fella for the ladies....
  • A weekly 'focus on a fan' feature
  • Ketman's Doris of the Day?
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Ketman's Doris of the Day?

Yes!

The good inspector strikes!! Good call
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Ketman's Doris of the Day?

Cheeky Fuggers.........I'll look into it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The site is a load of old gonads.

Hope this helps.
    ;o)
  • I really like the site. We have subject categories which are fine. I would like to see the post headings to be sub-divided and listed at the top under each subject categories. Thus your top liner would be

Annoucements
    General Discussions
    Not Charlton Related
    etc
    etc

That way, the threads do not drop down so quickly and it's just easier to follow

An example of what I mean can be found at this forum
    http://chasemonkey.forumup.co.uk/index.php?mforum=chasemonkey&sid=2ecd034ff00500b415bdd13aeaf60a10
  • bing, this Forum works that way to, if I get what you mean, but with the added benefit of also allowing you to view a stream of All Discussions (new and unread) without having to go looking for them. But, if you wish to just view new discussions by Category, then go the Category tab first and click the one you are after and you will get all discussions (based on what you've read and what's recent and active) related to that Category only. You can then go through Category by Category and you'll get exactly what you are describing (I think). You can also Block Categories you're not interested in from appearing on the All Discussions page.
  • 1] why not suggest to the club that they directly post links on here everytime they add something to the main site;

2] offer the club a banner that mirrors the banner on the main site...to be honest, when i go on the main site, i rarely read the banner because i generally click on the stories or go straight to the section i went on there for in the first place...it was only by chance that i noticed the bit advertising legends for the sheff utd game at £19 that i thought i'd give it a go...a banner on this site would probably be more effective for the club...
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]1] why not suggest to the club that they directly post links on here everytime they add something to the main site;

that's down to the club to offer a RSS feed from the main site (which should already do, really).
  • My only suggestion is to resist the temptation to fiddle around too much with something that works.

Adding lots of extra features won't necessarily make the site better - sometimes less is more.

On the whole I see lots of good natured debate and discussions here without the usual invasions from fans of other teams that blight for example the Netaddicks board, if it works why change it?