Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Ratings vs. Huddersfield

WSSWSS
edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Usual marks from those who were there please:

Randolph -

Richardson -

Borrowdale -

Dailly -

Sodje -

Wagstaff-

Racon -

Semedo -

Reid -

Mooney -

Forster -

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Usual marks from those who were there please

exactly ... the players will get their usual marks no matter what performance they put in with some ;-(
  • Randolph - 5, a bit hesitant in the 1st half and a good save in the 2nd.

Richardson - 5.5 didn't have too much to do defensively and made some good runs in the 2nd half

Borrowdale - 5 missed a few tackles but generally OK

Dailly - 5 at fault for their goal by not stopping the initial move, otherwise OK

Sodje -5 also at fault for their goal by not challenging for the header, but otherwise OK

Wagstaff- 4 not the impact that I've seen him make when coming on as sub, very quiet

Racon - 5.5, few passes astray, didn't shoot when he could but did close down their midfield
    Semedo - 5.5 missed a few tackles but generally did well at closing down their midfield

Reid - 6.5 well taken goal, was better in attack in 2nd half and helped out defensively.

Mooney - 5.5 Tried hard, didn't stand a chance with high balls to him as their CH was massive but laid off well

Forster - 5.5 Too close to Mooney a lot of the time but in 2nd half combined will with Reid

These are the lowest marks I have given this season, the reason is that it was a workmanlike performance without much skill being evident except for Reid's goal, having said that they did stop one of the divison's best home teams at playing their game, so perhaps I've been a bit unfair
  • Randolph - 6

Richardson - 6

Borrowdale - 6

Dailly - 7

Sodje - 6.5

Wagstaff- 6.5

Racon - 7

Semedo - 7

Reid - 7

Mooney - 7

Forster - 7
  • edited March 2010
    Randolph - 7 - Thought he had a reasonable game. A good punch in a crowded area in the first half, some good early distribution to put Huddersfield on the back foot. Not at fault for the goal. Good save in the 2nd half

Richardson - 8 - Good game. Tackled solidly, got forward well, supported Waggy.

Borrowdale - 6 - At fault for the goal, kept getting out of position, looks a bit unfit to be honest - hopefully just short of match practice.

Dailly - 7- Solid as usual, did nothing wrong, though should have won a header at the far post from a 2nd half corner, with 2 players free waiting for the knock down. Great rugby tackle on their escaping winger.

Sodje - 7 - Some great tackles, as usual, putting himself in where it hurts. 100% committed, sometimes dangerously so.

Wagstaff- 5- Didn't offer a lot. Was obviously tiring in the later stages, when given the opportunity to put in a couple of decent crosses he failed miserably.

Racon - 7 -Took on the Bailey role. Drove forward well on a couple of occaisions. Perhaps need to think about playing it more simple rather than look for the more difficult option. Needs to think about shooting more.

Semedo - 7- Normal 'enforcer role'. Broke up their central play very well. Getting to be more and more like Keith Jones as the season progresses.

Reid - 8 - My MoM. Looked dangerous throughout. Just wish we got the ball to him more often. Well taken goal.

Mooney - 6 - Worked his socks off as usual with little effect aginst the usual large centre back pairing for this division.

Forster - 7 - Some clever movement off the ball but like Mooney with little effect.

Sodje II - 5 - Learn the bloody offside rule. At least try to jump when the ball is there to be won. Learn to make the most of your size and get stuck in.

Solly - 6 - Got in the way of their right winger on a couple of occaisions and at least wasn't getting caught out of position like Borrowdale. Not a left back though and really needs to bulk up in the summer.

Met the team in the Hotel prior to kick off. Parky came over for a chat and seemed quite cheerful, though the rest of the team were very subdued. Would never thought a group of 20 something lads could be so quiet. Nearly did a 'Smiffy' for them in the lobby. Burton was there with his arse hanging out of his jeans. I'm sure Tamar Tuna is only 12.
  • Randolph - 7

Richardson - 7

Borrowdale - 7

Dailly - 8

Sodje - 7

Wagstaff- 6

Racon - 6

Semedo - 6

Reid - 7

Mooney - 6

Forster - 7
  • Randolph - 7.5 Looked really assured and commanded box well.

Richardson - 7 Best game for ages. Defended well and broke forward with purpose.

Borrowdale - 6 Not bad when he was in position but doesn't like heading and wanders. Great with his corners.

Dailly - 7 Maybe could've closed the cross for the goal (stood off too far) but otherwise was in total command.

Sodje - 7 Won most of his headers and largely untroubled. You could argue he was ball watching for the goal but it was a good run across him by Rhodes.

Wagstaff- 5.5 Plenty of effort and positionally he helped Richardson a lot but didn't deliver a single ball of note (two crosses late on went behind the goal!)

Racon - 6 Plenty of effort and did try a few tricks but doesn't look like creating much going forward.

Semedo - 6.5 Never far from where he should've been.

Reid - 6.5 Gets an extra mark for a brilliant goal (our only shot) but needed to run at the full-back more (like he did in the last minute)

Mooney - 6 Plenty of good runs off the ball but muscled out of it when a stronger player would have got a shot off. If he adds a bit of upper body strength I think he'll make it.

Forster 6 - Got up well for a smallish bloke. Plenty of effort and looks like he knows where to lurk in the box. Could have done with Sam acting as supplier rather than Wagstaff.
  • Randolph - 7

Richardson - 7

Borrowdale - 6

Dailly - 7

Sodje - 7

Wagstaff- 5.5

Racon - 7

Semedo - 7

Reid - 7.5

Mooney - 6

Forster - 7
  • Randolph - 7 - very solid and showed good character considering whats happened and the coments that have been made about him

Richardson - 7 - looked more back to his early season form - solid

Borrowdale - 6. 5 - composed in first halfflagged and also got exposed as reid also flagged and big gaps down this wing in secongd half

Dailly - 8 - I thought was head and shoulders above the rest - his best game for ages - very commanding and rose to the challenge of being captain

Sodje - 6.5 - still scares me to death but was ok

Wagstaff- 5.5 -disapointing but kept trying - also worked hard defensivly - mainly denying them space

Racon - 5.5 - another non display - yet again outplayed in midfield - gives us little

Semedo - 6.5 - usual sort of semedo display - fairly solid but adds nothing going forward - never looks for the ball - which is why alomng with racon in our engine room our defenders resort to too many long balls

Reid - 7.5 - good going forward - although flagged exposing borrowdale. excellent goal

Mooney - 6 - continues to work hard and perhaps some signs of a partnership with Forster. Hopefully his strength can be built up in the summer - not quite doing it but I still think he has a lot of potential

Forster - 7 - hope he's not too diapointed at the wekness in our midfield. promising and worked hard

Solly 7 - did well when he came on
    A Sodje - o dear - 0 almost seems too good as his main contribtion was getting caught offside! ( although he was only on a few mins)

Nice stadium and good game - also a decent ref ( don't say that too often ) (except for the penalty of course!)
  • Randolph 7 - played well, calm and composed

Richardson 7 - Best game for months

Borrowdale 6 - Not as good as previous

Dailly 8 - Commanding captain's performance, (except for one rugby tackle )

Sodje 7 Good game

Wagstaff 5 Didn't get involved and when he did he and his crossing was very poor (couldn't even keep it on the field)

Racon 6 Decent game

Semedo 6.5 Good game

Reid 7.5 Good game, excellent goal

Mooney 6 Worked hard with little success ,too easily brushed aside at times

Forster 6 Worked hard
  • Randolph - 7.5

Richardson - 7.5

Borrowdale - 5.5

Dailly - 7.5

Sodje - 7

Wagstaff- 5.5

Racon - 6.5

Semedo - 6.5

Reid - 7.5

Mooney - 7

Forster - 7.5

Thought the referee had a poor game, tbh, even leaving the penalty aside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolph - 6

Richardson - 6

Borrowdale - 5

Dailly - 7.5

Sodje - 6

Wagstaff- 6

Racon - 7

Semedo - 6.5

Reid - 8

Mooney - 5

Forster - 7.5
  • Randolph - 7

Richardson - 7

Borrowdale - 6

Dailly - 6

Sodje - 6

Wagstaff- 5

Racon - 7

Semedo - 6

Reid - 8

Mooney - 6

Forster - 7
  • Where are saturdays ratings ????
    I know we lost and will only get a few votes but I still think we should have some or are we now North Korea and refuse to acknowledge poor performances :-)
  • Have only had phone access since last week, I'll start a thread when I get to a pc laterr later this morning. Feel free to start one based on the usual format