Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHEN YOU MAKE A POST DONT KEEP CLICKING

edited April 2007 in Troubleshooting
return and forwards so we all get bored to tears with triple postings of the same thing.

just click on your bookmark and bring the page back up, your post will be there, but only one of them.

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]return and forwards so we all get bored to tears with triple postings of the same thing.

just click on your bookmark and bring the page back up, your post will be there, but only one of them.[/quote]

that doesn't always work today...i've tried that a couple of times and my post has just been lost
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]return and forwards so we all get bored to tears with triple postings of the same thing.

just click on your bookmark and bring the page back up, your post will be there, but only one of them.

sorry for boring you, but i only press the button once. the page fails. so i close it completely (rather than refresh or anything else) and then open up a new IE page and there are 2 posts.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]return and forwards so we all get bored to tears with triple postings of the same thing.

sorry for boring you, but i only press the button once. the page fails. so i close it completely (rather than refresh or anything else) and then open up a new IE page and there are 2 posts.
  • your right B, if people keep pressing add your comments, the amount of times you hit it will be the amount of times your post's will appear!
  • lol... nice double post there Sooze.... ;-)

Way I've found around it is to just hit the back button when you get the page error.... my post has always registered...
  • lol suzie.

works ok for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]lol... nice double post there Sooze.... ;-)

Way I've found around it is to just hit the back button when you get the page error.... my post has always registered...

or hit refresh when you get the post error

mine registers but if i press back it goes back to an empty comment box. so then i go back to the home page and my post is there twice already.

believe me, i have tried everything. if its boring for you to read. its frustrating for those of us its affecting to have it happen.

even netaddicks is working well today ;-)

besides, i'm hungover and grumpy. sort it aaaaaht.

mine registers but if i press back it goes back to an empty comment box. so then i go back to the home page and my post is there twice already.

believe me, i have tried everything. if its boring for you to read. its frustrating for those of us its affecting to have it happen.

• Say that Again Suzi :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• i'm hungover and grumpy so DO NOT MESS!
  • i'm hungover and grumpy so DO NOT MESS!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i'm hungover and grumpy so DO NOT MESS!

Lol
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i'm hungover and grumpy so DO NOT MESS!

Lol
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]lol... nice double post there Sooze.... ;-)

The comment box is empty, but scroll up and your post is there....

You expecting sympathy?!
  • nope. to both.
  • double post!
    you lucky b'stards.
    i hang awake at night dreaming of double posts.

(seriously i have managed 1 succesful post all morning and dont know why i'm writing this cos it wont work)
  • is it fixed?
  • no, hence the lack of pic in the t-shirt slogan thread

(if this works)
  • What browser are you using? I tend to use firefox. I have never double posted.
  • This is not a fault with the board, it's a FEATURE. Trying to help Tavern out with the APRAWA thread. ;-)

Anyway, disabled a few non-essential things to see us through the turbulence and I think (hope, pray) it's better now. Probably much quicker too.

It's Friday the 13th after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• im on firefox... perhaps thats it innit. tho the page keeps hanging evertime i post.
  • This is without a doubt the most interesting thread there has ever been on th...................... zzzzzzzzzzzzz!
  • and yours was the best post of the lot. congratulations.
  • edited April 2007
    double congratulations needed on that one.
  • pardon suze?
  • I said: congratulations.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]and yours was the best post of the lot. congratulations.

The thing is, you weren't wrong - both times you said it!
    :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]and yours was the best post of the lot. congratulations.

The thing is, you weren't wrong - both times you said it!
    :o)

don't tell porkies!
  • edited April 2007
    OK, by the second post it had kinda lost the effect.