Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CL goal celebrations

Watching the highlight last night it was interesting the difference in the goal celebrations of the Arsenal and Chelsea players.

Arsenal - a pat on the back and trot back to restart the game in a totally professional manner
Chelsea - silly little dances and back to the kindergarten

Comments

• To be fair there are plenty of stupid goal celebrations in the lower divisions, anything from some idiot pretending he's Marco Tardelli to someone else running to the corner flag and putting their ear to the crowd when there are about 14 people cheering on from a block of 500 seats.
  • i hated the one orient did against us, apparentally was to we speak no americano but was terrible. stick to high fives & pat on the back i say
  • I thought this was about a special Charlton Life celebration for whenever we score. Is there one I don't know about? perhaps polite clapping?
  • [cite]Posted By: better red than dead[/cite]I thought this was about a special Charlton Life celebration for whenever we score. Is there one I don't know about? perhaps polite clapping?
    Boo...?
  • personally i like seeing interesting celebrations
    like the one that lualua did for brighton at the weekend
    however some are just stupid
  • Call me old fashioned but I'm all for a brief handshake, maybe a slap on the back and everyone making their way back to kick off. The whole kissing thing makes me feel very uncomfortable in particular. Never understood that and can't imagine ever being that pleased with a teammate that I'd feel the need to give him a smacker.

All went downhill after Charlie George IMO...
  • [cite]Posted By: better red than dead[/cite]I thought this was about a special Charlton Life celebration for whenever we score. Is there one I don't know about? perhaps polite clapping?

We shine our CL badges
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Call me old fashioned but I'm all for a brief handshake, maybe a slap on the back and everyone making their way back to kick off. The whole kissing thing makes me feel very uncomfortable in particular. Never understood that and can't imagine ever being that pleased with a teammate that I'd feel the need to give him a smacker.

All went downhill after Charlie George IMO...

You wanna hug??
  • Shearers for me was the classic celebration but I love lee sharpes Elvis and corner flag ones
  • BournemthA, in the fifties, Stan Cullis forbade any celebration of his Wolves players other than the one you advocate (and they celebrated very often).
    I'm as old-fashioned as you are and find all this dancing stuff or shirt/badge kissing utter crap. Yep NLA, Shearers was fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• I love clever goal celebrations - The Hull one last year where they copied brown's rant or even Robbie fowlers coke snorting one. If you look at the NFL they have banned touchdown celebrations. (15yrd penalty, $50,000+ fine) and the league is poorer for it.
  • I like Deon Burton's raising hands/lack of celebration, celebration.
  • Can handle most...but not the vomit evoking clenched fist that Martina introduced to tennis...makes everyone look like a tosser!
  • Same goes for women when it is one of their 27 closest friends birthdays - invokes a frenzy of gift buying,hugs,shrieks and kisses, giggles.

whereas a bloke just gives his birthday friend a barely perceptable nod of the head and puts a pint in his hand.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Shearers for me was the classic celebration but I love lee sharpes Elvis and corner flag ones

I'll give you that. Shearers was fine and quite distictive really given it was a bloke running away with one arm in the air. It's all the pre-arranged group ones that really anoy me and no ones yet explained to me why you might feel the need to snog another man, short of the obvious.
  • Best ever FACT ------- Gazza against the Scots in Euro 1996
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Shearers for me was the classic celebration but I love lee sharpes Elvis and corner flag ones

I'll give you that. Shearers was fine and quite distictive really given it was a bloke running away with one arm in the air. It's all the pre-arranged group ones thatreallyanoy me and no ones yet explained to me why you might feel the need to snog another man, short of the obvious.

agree with shearer too mate, also gotta agree with the jimmy bullard one was quality dont mind if their actually funny but doing a dance or other things just silly
  • I like Shearer's one when he scored in Newcastle's 5-0 win over Man Utd. He had been abuse from the away fans all game and after he scored he ran over to them as if to say, "this is what you've missed out on"

There's been some interesting ones in the Icelandic first division this season!
  • A pat on the back for doing what your supposed to do.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I like Deon Burton's raising hands/lack of celebration, celebration.

I also liked his binocular celebration when he scored against Brighton.