Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lucky to get to tranmere alive

the coach turned up 20 minutes late at dartford , when i saw who was driving i was not looking forward to the trip . we had the worst two drivers on reliance
we get on the m1 it is a nice clear day , the driver drives stright into a roadworks section that was coned of with metal barriers he comes to a halt in a ditch .he then drives up the dirt path till he can go no further due to 3 dumper trucks and a jcb
he then jumps out and starts to remove some cones indecating he is going to pull the coach out across three lanes of traffic that is speeding past us , i shout out to him you cant do that yourll kill us all .
the workmen are now screaming at him to stop what he is doing and they will remove the dumper trucks and the jcb , he now drives up the dirt path leaving a trail of dust behind us so nobody could see . we get back on the motorway 3 miles down the road he thows the ancors on to avoid going into the back of a lorry having to serve out across the lanes
now idont know if he fell asleep at the wheel but that would make sense
then he takes us the wrong side of everton so we are the wrong side of the river for tranmere he the misses a liverpool bus by a fag paper . then we end up 30 minutes late for kick off
we are on way home now but everyone is moaning and not at all happy

Comments

• I bet that was the same cock who took us on a magical mystery tour of North London on the way back from the Port Vale game in 98. Got back to Charlton at about midnight. That company are an absolute f***ing disgrace
  • Does the bag still come round on the coaches with a tip for the driver?

If so, drop a turd in it.
  • no one put anyting in the bag the steward bought it round all said no thanks
  • Jeez, sounds awful.
  • What a nightmare and to miss the one decent part of the day when waggy scored is just crap when you've gone to all that trouble to get up there..
    Sorry to hear this clive , hope you complete the journey home in one piece
  • edited September 2010
  • what the driver look like?
  • Sounds like that fella from The Simpsons!
  • Some people will moan about anything ;0)
  • sounds like i was on the right coach today didnt have any problems lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the old geezer with glasses and 3 teeth was it..?
  • Knew a coach driver years ago. He had a bang on the head as a child and was effectively stuck with the mind and behaviours of a 15 year old. He regularly drank a lot. One time, during a drinking session, he went in a semi-conscious state and told me about the time he ran into a car on the M6 at keele and the car driver was killed. He'd been to court and was still driving coaches occasionally though i'm not sure if this was just casual work. I believe coach drivers are not regulated beyond having a licence. They ought to be.
  • I was on this coach, absolutley ridiculous, "tips for the driver?"

Yeah- give up the coach driving!
  • if the person who answer the phone at charlton is reading this , phone in sick on monday beacuse there are a lot of people going to be calling.

the driver was the very thin old man {the drivers at reliance call him the grim reaper }
  • [cite]Posted By: Platform7[/cite]Knew a coach driver years ago. He had a bang on the head as a child and was effectively stuck with the mind and behaviours of a 15 year old. He regularly drank a lot. One time, during a drinking session, he went in a semi-conscious state and told me about the time he ran into a car on the M6 at keele and the car driver was killed. He'd been to court and was still driving coaches occasionally though i'm not sure if this was just casual work. I believe coach drivers are not regulated beyond having a licence. They ought to be.

Well as a coach driver myself, They are regulated ( to some extent) but not enough in my opinion. The Govt recently brought out the CPC. The problem with this is that its all classroom and no practical, and there's no pass or fail, you just need to attend and complete 35hrs of falling asleep behind a desk (at least safer than behind a wheel). Apart from a bi-annual medical, thats about it. Any revision on your driving is down to the company that employs you, and if they deemed you unsafe there's nothing stopping you going to a different company to continue driving like a dick. Too many Bus/Coach drivers who really don't give a damn about passengers safety and comfort and just bully their way around and drive as if they're in a VW Golf. Sets a bad example for those of us who actually take pride in our work. Anyone wanna borrow my soapbox now? ;-)
  • Get yourself on charlton live, gotta be worth a rufus...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Get yourself on charlton live, gotta be worth a rufus...[/quote]

sorry redzed not with you ??
  • edited September 2010
    got a picture trying to add it
  • this is where we ended up picture taken irom back window of thre coach
  • How random is that, Clive?

Bloke just decides to do a bit of 'off-roading' but forgets 2 things:

A. He's driving a coach, not a 4x4

B. It's full of people....who probably want to survive beyond Saturday...

Ay por dios!

I'm glad you all got back safe and well....it looks like it could have turned out pretty badly! What a pillock!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear, looking at the photo and seeing where he ended up is ridiculous!
    Can't believe the steward had the nerve to come round for tips!
  • That is terrible clive. Speak direct to coach company also.
  • What on earth does he think he's up to?!
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]What on earth does he think he's up to?!

Rally driver obviously
  • Unbelievable, call the coach company in the morning.
  • The club should deal with this. If anything happens with this dick driving that results in 1 fan getting hurt the press would have a field day.

Especially as the coach is part of the official travel to away games

It is your duty to call the club in the morning and ensure they log your complaint.

Charlton should be demanding the dismissal of this tool

Or else we should use a different company.

Nothing annoys me more than allegdly professional drivers acting in this way.

I come across loads of people who pretend to be proffesional drivers and drive lorries like cars.

I dread to imagine the horror on that coach how you didn't remove him from the thing is beyond me
  • I hold a psv vlicence and have driven coaches, this thread is unbelivable, the guy should not have a licence how he managed to go off road is totally unaceptable. Part of the job is planning your route which he obviously didn't and being a professional safe driver which again he clearly isint. If the club does not act then threaten to go the press as action should be taken against him. Yes we all take the wrong turn every now and then but to drive up a works only road is unforgivable, he cleary isnit capable of reading the road and following the rules of the road, was looking to take me dad to an away game for his birthday on the coach but think I will do train instead. Don't take sorry as an answer as things could have been really bad if anyone got hurt.
  • This driver sounds like Sid Cheesecake who is a bus driver !! He now drives the cafc fans to away games on the train. He once drove the CAFC shop managers car into a wall at Roker ParK !!
  • We're fully aware of the problems with this coach on Saturday and have invited the coach company to comment. Once we have looked at all the evidence, including their views, we will be writing to the people who travelled on the coach.

It is probably worth saying that two coaches travelled and the other one got to Tranmere at 2pm with a 45-minute stop en route. We take what happened seriously and will deal with it, but we have to get all sides of the story first and address it on that basis.
  • He would have been well and truly snookered if he'd reached the JCB and dumpers where there are no cones and just a barrier. He would have had to have backed up all that way without assistance.

Shocking driving and an embarrassment to any motorist. Send the photo to the Police and see if they will take action. You might need witnesses though but this will get him struck off.