Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlisle away - 23rd October

edited September 2010 in Match Day Travel
Just picked up my tickets for Carlisle away. Had a good following last season (nearly 700!) but expect far far far less of a turnout this time round. Around 200 perhaps?

Think train tickets are still reasonable, got mine a while back - £50 return, good times as well on Virgin Trains in and out of Euston. Only takes just over 3 hours as well, took us longer to get to Exeter!

Anyone else making the trip?

Comments

• First home match of the season for me...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]First home match of the season for me...

Carlisle away?

I'll be there.
  • Am determined to get to this one this year as could not make it last. Finally got a railcard so should come in handy when booking trains.
  • [cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]First home match of the season for me...

Carlisle away?

I'll be there.

He lives in the Scottish highlands
  • Well at least we not going to be on our own then! Thought new ground syndrome played a big part last year, could see this being the lowest away turnout of this season.
  • Mr Weegie and I will be there - our local game. Don't think we'll be dragging our Glaswegian friends along again, after last year...
  • 3rd home game of the season for us, hope it's not sunny this year as it shines right in yr eyes in the away end.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Mr Weegie and I will be there - our local game. Don't think we'll be dragging our Glaswegian friends along again, after last year...[/quote]

Are there any good train links from any of the 'Glasgow' airports?
  • Missed this one last year, hoping to catch up with this and Hartlepool
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Mr Weegie and I will be there - our local game. Don't think we'll be dragging our Glaswegian friends along again, after last year...

Are there any good train links from any of the 'Glasgow' airports?

You need to get to Glasgow Central then theres trains running direct to Carlisle every 30 mins or so, cost about £28.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just under £20 return from London Euston. Can't wait! :)
  • Falconwood, you can get train from Prestwick to Central station (c 45 mins), or a bus from Glasgow International Airport (c 15-20 mins) which drops you off round the corner from Central station. Then as Nichorob says - though some trains are quicker than others.
  • Seems nuts you have to go back on yourself to Glasgow Central
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Well at least we not going to be on our own then! Thought new ground syndrome played a big part last year, could see this being the lowest away turnout of this season.[/quote]

No - surely that will be Hartlepool away on the last Saturday before Xmas. Could it be under 100??

It will be made even worse by the fact their is a 'new ground' away game also in the North, just 2 weeks before.
  • Thinking of going and staying the weekend in Gateshead.
  • Didn't go last year - engineering works. No problems this season. Straight run - 3hrs 10 mins?

Bear in mind that Palarse are at Preston, so we are on the same trains.

We might bump into both of their away fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Just under £20 return from London Euston. Can't wait! :)

What site did you see it for that price, everywhere I have looked its been about £80
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Seems nuts you have to go back on yourself to Glasgow Central

Not really - both airports are to the West of the city. Carlisle is on the London line, so you get fast/ virtually non-stop trains from Central. There might be a way you could do it cross-country from Prestwick (surprisingly, for a Charlton fan, I'm not a train anorak, so don't really know), but I imagine it would take an awful lot longer and involve a number of changes.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Well at least we not going to be on our own then! Thought new ground syndrome played a big part last year, could see this being the lowest away turnout of this season.

No - surely that will be Hartlepool away on the last Saturday before Xmas. Could it be under 100??

It will be made even worse by the fact their is a 'new ground' away game also in the North, just 2 weeks before.

MK Dons in the JPT might be lower than that
  • Get across to Newcastle for a night out afterwards....

A good night there last year made up somewhat for seeing us dominated by a 35 year old in what was IMO our 2nd worst game last year...

I'll be doing it again tho :)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Just under £20 return from London Euston. Can't wait! :)

What site did you see it for that price, everywhere I have looked its been about £80

The Trainline. We got them a month or 2 back? We've got 16-25 rail cards as well.
  • will be there, hope for better than the way defence stood off to kavanagh last year. shite game, decent drink.