Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

worst charlton team in 34 years

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
says it all cannot beat three out of the bottom four ,bring back lennie

Comments

• In 1980 after 8 games we were in 10th place with 9 points, we went on to win promotion...

In 1974 after 8 games we were in 5th place with 10 points, we went on to win promotion...

Try having a bit of patience and let the bloke do his job....
  • ...But bear in mind that 3 points for a win was brought to the game in 1981.so in 1974 10 points out of 16 and 1980 9 points from 16..
  • give him time its his first season
  • Oh I have seen crappier Charlton teams than this one! Yesterday we played great for about half an hour.
  • edited September 2010
  • The team that got relegated from the Premiership was pretty bad, as was the one that got us relegated from the Championship.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]The team that got relegated from the Premiership was pretty bad, as was the one that got us relegated from the Championship.

Give it a few years and the team that gets us relegated from League 1 will be pretty bad to.

(tongue in cheek alert)
  • in 1980 we had Hales & walsh up front !
  • The worst team was the one which went 15 games without a win two years ago
  • [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Oh I have seen crappier Charlton teams than this one! Yesterday we played great for about half an hour.

don't think I have.......yes we did play well for half an hour, but FFS we were playing fooking Dagenham........yes that's Dagenham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]The worst team was the one which went 15 games without a win two years ago

Who was the manager?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]The worst team was the one which went 15 games without a win two years ago

Who was the manager?
    Parky with Pardew's team. So perhaps we'll go on a run like that if we change manager...
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Oh I have seen crappier Charlton teams than this one! Yesterday we played great for about half an hour.

don't think I have.......yes we did play well for half an hour, but FFS we were playing fooking Dagenham........yes that's Dagenham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL. I seem to remember playing Dagenham at home back in the Premiership days when Curbs was manager, and we STILL only drew. So if your definition of the worst Charlton team ever is one that can't beat Dagenham.... well, think again.
  • The Team that Got Relagated from the Championship two years ago that did not win a game for 18 consecutive games was the worst team in recent memory.
  • blame pardew i say
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Oh I have seen crappier Charlton teams than this one! Yesterday we played great for about half an hour.

LOL. I seem to remember playing Dagenham at home back in the Premiership days when Curbs was manager, and we STILL only drew. So if your definition of the worst Charlton team ever is one that can't beat Dagenham.... well, think again.

Didn't we get to extra time of the replay in an FA cup match with them before we managed to score!

I thought we were unlucky not to be 3up at half time on Saturday, definately not the worst Charlton team I've seen.
  • A bad performance from a team in the Premiership doesn't mean we were worse then! We've always been crap in the cup!

However, failing to beat the bottom two sides in the last two games is cause for concern.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]The team that got relegated from the Premiership was pretty bad, as was the one that got us relegated from the Championship.

The team that got relegated from the Premiership was playing in the Premiership, so can't be compared.
    In 80/81 Mike Bailey pretty much stuck with the team that had been relegated although he did have a young Paul Walsh breaking into the team. Parky didn't have the luxury of a great young prospect .... doh!
  • The team that played after just after Christmas when we came down ....... Utter durge, hopeless, hapless football...... frankly I could have cried!.
    Inept passing, 3 down by halftime, frankly I needed therapy after that display. What made it worse was my grandson of 9 saying at halftime..... 'are they always as bad as that'! in his little northern accent.......

I think my face went as red as a Charlton shirt.. and there is me trying to convert him from being a Man Utd supporter, who he had seen the week previous near where he lives.

I bought him a hot dog to shut him up, and change the subject!........Never again!
  • Sadly it's the worst team i have seen in 30 years . The team that got relegated from the championship runs it close.
  • Sponsored links:

• but we have the nicest manager though.
  • **** off Benson, and Llera, play our new Strong Joe in the starting 11, things will then change.....a little lol. main thing is that Benson is a terrible signing!!! but as to being the worst team, no way, we have had ALOT worse! but i do get worried about this team REALLY under performing and then being relegated. dear o dear.