Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We need a striker who can dribble and shoot....

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Wagstaff worth a try up top with Martin?

I know neither of them are strikers but waggy can score. Dont ask who goes RM though as i've not bothered to think about it yet.

Comments

• Anyinsah (if fit)?
  • We need a creative player in the middle of the park, the strikers are fine for this level.
  • Anyinsah looks to be that man - there's no question in my mind that any combination of the other 3 strikers cannot play together as they all play with there back to goal. Wagstaff and martin would seem a bit lightweight to start up front although towards the end of a game it's better than just having the 'lumps' on.
  • Are there (m)any strikers in this division who are decent dribblers? Probably not that many. Every player is limited in some respect.
  • We need a striker who can score goals!!!
  • edited September 2010
    TBF we need our current strikers to have decent supply rather than new strikers that can take on a whole team on their won.
  • Lee Martin would be perfect in this role just behind a main striker.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]We need a creative player in the middle of the park, the strikers are fine for this level.

Exactly, the problem isn't the strikers, it's the service they get. If we had Drogba and Villa up front they wouldn't score goals because they wouldn't get any service from our midfield and wingers.
  • We need someone to set our strikers up! I'm more than convinced we have the strikers, just do not have the service which means the midfield.
  • We need Martin and waggy to really attack the penalty area with their speed and fleetness of foot they should either be creating chances or penalties. They just need to be in the area.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: pioneer[/cite]Lee Martin would be perfect in this role just behind a main striker.
    tried this the first few games - we created very little - he needs to go in the middle
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]We need a creative player in the middle of the park, the strikers are fine for this level.

Exactly, the problem isn't the strikers, it's the service they get. If we had Drogba and Villa up front they wouldn't score goals because they wouldn't get any service from our midfield and wingers.
    People keep saying if we had Drogba, Rooney, Ronaldo etc up front they wouldn't score. They would because they can create chances for themselves.
  • Just get the wingers to beat the full back down the line and pull the ball back across the goal,the rest is childs play or was back when i played football.
  • edited September 2011
    Just get the wingers to beat the full back down the line and pull the ball back across the goal,the rest is childs play or was back when i played football.
    Those were the days, eh Colin?

Wingers in the Stanley Matthews mould, taking the ball to the goal line and laying it back into the box - with all the defenders in their own box facing the wrong way towards their own goalmouth, and your forwards piling in - defenders nightmare.

It still works today; it's called "getting behind the defence" or "penetration".
    And a great way to unlock packed defences.

Except the early cross nowadays always seems to be favoured - meat and drink for a dominant centre half, as we saw on Monday.